Was the infinity gauntlet Uni or multiversal?

#1 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

see title. I have always been confused on this. was thanos with the ig a uni or multiversal threat

#2 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio

It only affected the 616 Universe, I believe.

#3 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" It only affected the 616 Universe, I believe. "
Correct, there are several Gauntlets in each universe. All held by the Reed Richards of their time in some weird ass council.
#4 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

uni, however THOTU is multi, as thanos says he is the master of OMNI reality

#5 Edited by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:

" @JediXMan said:

" It only affected the 616 Universe, I believe. "

Correct, there are several Gauntlets in each universe. All held by the Reed Richards of their time in some weird ass council. "

F*** Reed Richards
I don't buy that writers crap about him being all up on mystic stuff like the Gauntlet and Gems 
It's ridiculous
 Reed from any reality is supposed to be a man of logic, a man of experiments and gadgets not some witch doctor obsessed with collecting the Universe's magic trinkets

That's why some of these Fan4 stories suck, they make him the witch doctor supreme and send him off to a random part of the cosmos when they should be keeping him in-character as a scientist and have his stories closer to Earth with Sue or Ben
#6 Edited by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

Censor LOL

But Space / Science and Gadgets are the essence of the F4, ever since.

#7 Edited by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Casket: 

Little hard to dismiss magic when you're on the same team as the Sorcerer Supreme....
#8 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't call the gems / gauntlet Magic btw

#9 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart: 

They're not. They're Cosmic. But Mystic and Cosmic can be lumped into the same category as Supernatural (though Cosmic has more science involved in it)
#10 Posted by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

" @Casket:   Little hard to dismiss magic when you're on the same team as the Sorcerer Supreme.... "

No Reed was very  dismissive of Magic, he built rockets, time vehicles, atom smashers,  shrink ray guns and some kind of fortress alarm system for their house...he made weird things over the years but everything was SCIENCE based. That's what Reed does, he builds, he doesn't collect mystic gems and wave some magic wand around...its not his style, he is about science and logic 

Reed and Strange have never fought on the same team, in fact Reed often has trouble facing down magicians because he dismisses the stuff they do as random fake hocus pocus. The only time Reed and Strange ever work together is at some Illuminati meeting and both of them sit at opposite ends of the table

#11 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Casket said:
" @JediXMan said:

" @Casket:   Little hard to dismiss magic when you're on the same team as the Sorcerer Supreme.... "

No Reed was very  dismissive of Magic, he built rockets, time vehicles, atom smashers,  shrink ray guns and some kind of fortress alarm system for their house...he made weird things over the years but everything was SCIENCE based. That's what Reed does, he builds, he doesn't collect mystic gems and wave some magic wand around...its not his style, he is about science and logic   Reed and Strange have never fought on the same team, in fact Reed often has trouble facing down magicians because he dismisses the stuff they do as random fake hocus pocus. The only time Reed and Strange ever work together is at some Illuminati meeting and both of them sit at opposite ends of the table   "
you read why he had the gauntlet right?
#12 Edited by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Casket said:

" @JediXMan said:

No Reed was very  dismissive of Magic, he built rockets, time vehicles, atom smashers,  shrink ray guns and some kind of fortress alarm system for their house...he made weird things over the years but everything was SCIENCE based. That's what Reed does, he builds, he doesn't collect mystic gems and wave some magic wand around...its not his style, he is about science and logic   Reed and Strange have never fought on the same team, in fact Reed often has trouble facing down magicians because he dismisses the stuff they do as random fake hocus pocus. The only time Reed and Strange ever work together is at some Illuminati meeting and both of them sit at opposite ends of the table   "
 We're forgetting the Illuminati, aren't we?

Besides, he doesn't actually use the gems. Should he just say "Hey, I'm a man of science! These mystical objects that killed half the people in the universe and defeated almost every being in the 616 Universe are worthless!" then? He realizes they are threats.

Also, Doom is a sorcerer. He also visited the afterlife once, I believe, in chase of Thing (don't have the issue or remember the details).

With everything he's seen, he'd be ignorant if he ignored it all.
#13 Edited by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

"  
We're forgetting the Illuminati, aren't we? "

Yeah I mentioned them all right
"The only time Reed and Strange ever work together is at some Illuminati meeting and both of them sit at opposite ends of the table"

Anyway I  would kinda defer to Watcher's opinion on this one, he turns up breaks his Watcher code of silence during an
Illuminati meeting , says the Gems are out of Reeds league, says he expected more from Reed and said something like in Reed's attempt to try to crack the meaning of the Gems he would end up destroying the Earth...or something to that effect 

@JediXMan said:

"   Also, Doom is a sorcerer. He also visited the afterlife once, I believe, in chase of Thing (don't have the issue or remember the details).   "

The reason Doom can be such a major pain in the butt for Reed is not because of his gadgets or robots, its because his magic trumps anything Reed got...Reed dismisses it as stage show tricks, magic is not something he can explain

I might buy Reed having some base knowledge of cosmic/spiritual stuff 
Thing afterlife...maybe its semi spiritual...or maybe its the way the brain or your hard drive shuts down...and provides you with a vivid dream before you die...I'm sure Reed might have a rational text book explanation

but anything Mystical or Magical, making Reed an expert on that, its out of character...and it sucks
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14454 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how the watcher would consider the Infinity gems out of Reed's league, but was more than happy to hand him the freaking Ultimate Nullifier. Yeah, right.

#15 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Casket: watch your language

#16 Posted by BK-77-7 (125 posts) - - Show Bio

So it only does work in one Universe?  It makes scence because Thanos didn't kill half the Multiverse just half the Universe.   Also if he were a Multiverseal threat wouldn't it had said that in the comics instead of it saying, that he was dangerous to the Universe?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.