Return of the Infinity Gauntlet?

#1 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I've noticed that the Infinity Gauntlet has been brought back in the new Avengers book, but I am wondering what the point of that is. The gems can not be used in unison since after the Infinity War. Is the bearer simply using the gems separately but happens to have all of them? Someone please enlighten me on what's going on.  

LT & Eternity - Tired of this crap 
#2 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

he hasn't gathered them all yet....I don't think he has...I wasn't really keeping count...he may have them all as of this issue but doesn't he still need the actual Gauntlet or do them Gems create the Gauntlet?

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I read somewhere that the Gauntlet itself was given to Thanos by Death, but I never saw that in any comic. Or I'm just forgetting about it. It had to have happened in the Thanos Quest. I'll have to check.   

The gems just need to be together, you don't need the Gauntlet, it just looks cool. But that shouldn't matter since they won't (or shouldn't) work together anymore. Which also means, and is always forgotten, that the reality gem should not be able to be used except by the greatest of minds and powers, and even then it is still extremely dangerous and unpredictable. 

Mind if I ask who is 'he?' Or is that still unknown as well?
#4 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" @danhimself: I read somewhere that the Gauntlet itself was given to Thanos by Death, but I never saw that in any comic. Or I'm just forgetting about it. It had to have happened in the Thanos Quest. I'll have to check.    The gems just need to be together, you don't need the Gauntlet, it just looks cool. But that shouldn't matter since they won't (or shouldn't) work together anymore. Which also means, and is always forgotten, that the reality gem should not be able to be used except by the greatest of minds and powers, and even then it is still extremely dangerous and unpredictable.  Mind if I ask who is 'he?' Or is that still unknown as well? "

#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: The Hood is gathering up the gems to rebuild his empire.
#6 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem is there was this rift thingie that Adam warlock had to fix, maybe that changed Universe 616 to something else and therefore LT's rules don't apply to that reality anymore.

#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: I understand that, and I see how it is possible to use each gem individually, but my question is : Why the Gauntlet? The gems shouldn't work together. 

@warlock360: The Fault? I don't think that would change anything. An LT has power in all realities, as there is only one LT. His judgment shouldn't be affected, specifically since other Infinity Gauntlets from other realities still obtain their power. 
#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Plot convenience. 
#9 Posted by Jake Fury (19187 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendistory.
#10 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: meant that it might have only applied to that one reality (616) therefore the rule also only applied to 616

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.