Follow

Indiana Jones

Character » Indiana Jones appears in 347 issues.

Renowned archaeologist and 'obtainer of rare antiquities,' Indiana Jones divides his time between teaching university archeology courses and tracking ancient artifacts.

Harrison Ford Ready For Indiana Jones 5

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We had to wait nineteen years between Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade and Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.  It looks like we won't have to wait as long for the next movie.  Crystal Skull might have had moments where the plot was a bit of a stretch, but I still found it entertaining.  The biggest complaint I heard was the inclusion of aliens.  I don't see how it's too far off when you think of events that happened in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.  There was also the Fate Of Atlantis video game to think about.  To me, it was just another adventure.

People reported that Harrison Ford, now 67, is ready for yet another adventure as Indiana Jones.  It turns out he's not the only one that's ready.  The plot for the next film is currently being worked on.   Ford recently informed France's Le Figaro:

The story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form. Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again.

What will that next adventure entail?  We'll have to wait to hear about that.  From reports, it sounds like Shia LaBeouf is still on board to reprise the role of Indiana's son, Mutt Williams.

What are your thoughts on another Indy movie?  Are they pushing it by making another one?  Do you want to see Indiana's son take over the spotlight?  Do you think we'll see how Indiana loses an eye and finger (as seen in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).  What type of adventure would you like to see Indy take on next?
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

Yay!

I actually enjoyed KoTS......sure, it wasn't as good as the previous three but it was still a lot of fun (although the nuke/fridge scene was godawful and there was too much CGI given how there was practically none in the first three, which is a bit of a disappointment). I'm looking forward to the next one, eagerly.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

That Calista bird really needs to cut down on the spending and spare us this crap.

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Bobby X

Ehh, I loved the classics but cant' say I'm much of a fan of Crystal Skull. It was fun but i don't know if they should do any more. Crystal Skull just didn't have that epic feel of the old ones and it vomitted plenty of bleh I'm indifferent to this but I can't say I would be upset if Harrison hung up the whip for good.
    BDog23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By BDog23

i'm down for a fifth, didn't love KOTS but I didn't hate it either.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Moomin123

I can't wait for this next movie. I don't think it was bad for aliens to be in Indiana Jones. I mean, a golden ark that kills all who look on it's power and one of the Knights of the Round Table who has gained immortality isn't exactly realistic either, is it?
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondasch

" What will that next adventure entail?  We'll have to wait to hear about that.  From reports, it sounds like Shia LaBeouf is still on board to reprise the role of Indiana's son, Mutt Williams. "

Not a chance:(

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By skaarason

he said , months ago that he would be up to making many indy movies as long as they weren't   animated like star wars the clone wars movie

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrCipher

The rape in Peru was too traumatic. I'm not over it man...I'm just not! 

RedGhostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedGhostman
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I can't wait for this next movie. I don't think it was bad for aliens to be in Indiana Jones. I mean, a golden ark that kills all who look on it's power and one of the Knights of the Round Table who has gained immortality isn't exactly realistic either, is it? "
    But the first three covered religion. Now ALIENS? Its just a real jump. And it just made things confusing. It made the other three controversial in a sort of way.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanwh

I guess Lucas is trying to outdo the suck of his last trilogy.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By goldenkey

I like the Indy movies, but not to sure about Shia taking over the franchise.  If they put him in like he was an archiologist too, then that would be one thing, but stunt driver?
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bruce Vain

Well let's hope that Lucas won't rape Indy again.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

No more aliens!

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Om1kron

Harrison Ford is the man, hands down. Dude's old as hell and did most of his stunts for that movie.   

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

i loved the first 3 indy movies and i didnt hate the last one but i can see where it could be heading if they arent careful these could turn into attack of the clones all over again
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aronmorales

I can't wait for the new film!
    gotta see the others!

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jefprice

the 4th was a lot like the 2nd it was Indy, just not as good of an Indy as 1 and 3

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn

Wow... Harrison Ford will be like 68 years old when the filming starts...

its amazing to see he is still going.. but hey... Go Strongly Grandpa  !

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jamiracles

Man...

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMess1428

I heard they wanted to make 6 Indiana Jones films just like they did with Star Wars. Starting with 4, they are to lead into a Mutt-Solo film as 6.
    cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cadaver

Spielberg films always have to include nazi villains, aliens, or both. Lucas should ditch spielberg if he is going to make a new Jones movie, and spielberg should quit making movies in general.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By FoxxFireArt

While I wasn't too happy with the ending of the last Indiana Jones, speaking as a person who still has an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade poster on his wall.
    I don't see why people keep calling the creatures at the end aliens when they even say they aren't aliens but from another dimension.

Their biggest problem in making these movies now is after the third, what better artifact can you hunt for? It was literally the "Holy Grail" he found.

dc-kid21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By dc-kid21

yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Sigh! Can't George just retire already? Crystal Skull was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Pretty much everything he's written in the last...what? Ten years? Yah...that's all sucked.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Yes a new Indy =^ D 
    All the films were good, fun fair.  On CG's, I found 3 was way to heavy (okay, maybe not CG, but could definetly tell the green screen was there): ) 
    The Crystal Skull was a holy relic to the people of the area, so it fits. 
    Don't know what they could do for a 5th, but I will be happy to see it  : ) 
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sparda

If they were to do a artifact or mystery of some sort, I would like to see them do Marco Polo's voyage that he swore to never speak of, where nearly all of his ships never arrived. If they kept it more like the first three movies, that could be pretty neat.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Donovan Montgomery said:

"Yes a new Indy =^ D All the films were good, fun fair.  On CG's, I found 3 was way to heavy (okay, maybe not CG, but could definetly tell the green screen was there): ) The Crystal Skull was a holy relic to the people of the area, so it fits. Don't know what they could do for a 5th, but I will be happy to see it  : )  "

Aside from not understanding more than half of your post, just wanted to point out that the Crystal Skull is NOT the holy artifact of Mesoamerica. There are many Crystal Skulls, arguably the most famous being the Mitchell-Hedges skull. Almost every single Crystal Skull has been proven to be a hoax, and the so-called most reliable, the Mitchell-Hedges, is also considered in archaeological communities to be an elaborate hoax created for Mitchell’s daughter. Not to mention the whole ancient astronaut angle (that being aliens) doesn’t have any basis in reality or even real established ancient mythology…which sounds like an oxymoron but technically isn’t. Ancient Astronaut theories are entirely speculative, though they’d have you believe otherwise. They’ve got to sell books too. The Skulls in the film aren’t even accurate. There’s only one known to have an enlarged cranium (though some cultures really did wrap their infants heads and have their skulls point with growth) which has been proven to be a fraud. The Skulls have no solid foundation in science or reality and I’d argue they never belonged in Indian Jones to begin with.      

But what do I know? I'm only studying to become an archaeologist...

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By ComicCrazy

I loved every Indiana Jones movie i reckon they could make another good movie.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Media_Master

Indie should  lead a team of people like himself for a grand adventure. You'd think he'd have enough connections over the years to do so.

Colossus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Colossus666

They only problem with the new one is that every thought it would be just as good or better then the first 3.  And that is impossible, but if this was the first film, it would be amazing.
    Tuffworldinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tuffworldinc

I thought making the fourth was a mistake, and I still do. Yes it was entertaining, but the trilogy just won't be quite as good anymore with this new story. It's okay cool, but just not as good. If they make another one i hope that it blows them all out of the water though. Good luck!

konshu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By konshu101

I thought Crystal Skull Was awful on every level. Lucas should stop. Period.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.