theacidskull's Indestructible Hulk #7 - Gods and Monster, Part 2 review

"Then On, Hulksmash!"

When we Last left , We saw Something that forced Thor fans into a rage fest, but after reading issue seven i can safely say that they will calm down once they themselves get a hold of this. Mark waid yet again manages to provide us with an interesting awesome story that digs deeper into the old school thor, and the new and improved hulk!

Before i move on to the story, i might as well talk about the art. Walter simonson is a great artist and a great guy, and some of the actions scenes look amazing, but at tomes some of the panels look very sloppy and rushed, with a lack of detail, which makes the whole experience not as good as it could have been.

The story is evolving even further! last week as i mentioned mark waid did something that made the hulk fans happy, but most of thor fans very very very angry. However, in this issue we see why mark waid is one heck of a troll master. His reason for hulk lifting mjolnir will make both hulk fans and thor fans chuckle greatly,honestly, NO one expected this, no one, which makes the big surprise all the more funny and awesome. Waid mixes the elements of fun and adventure pretty well in this arc, last story was much more gritty/comedic style, and the shift feels natural and interesting.

For Once, we get to see Thor and Hulk as a team, in fact, i can't remember when was the last time these two actually teamed up, sure they are on the avengers but that hardly counts. It's nice to see the o'l powerhouse's fight together rather than fight each other on WHO IS STRONGER?!!?!? And the Villains? i am loving the plot the Frost Giants come up with to spy on the team, i'll admit that i am a bit more eager and happy for some reason that Hulk and Thor get to bash their skulls in, and personally i really hope Ymir appears this time around, it would make and awesome stand off.

Not only that but Mark also unravels some of the dirty sheets of banners little helpers ( couldn't help myself), i'll admit that they way this issue ends turned out to be a real surprise for me , as i was not expecting something like that. This was another great issue, it was fun, action packed and pretty darn awesome.

I debated on what score to give this issue, and do to the few panels of the art, i was considering to give it a 4/5, but overall it deserves a max, it really is that good.

Recommendation: Have at Thee! No seriously! get this NoW!

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

Great review, agree totally. Best issue so far : )

Posted by TheAcidSkull

Great review, agree totally. Best issue so far : )

F*CKING AMAZING! :D

Edited by johnkmccubbin91
Posted by thanosrules

Great Review... this is a solid book for sure.

Posted by TheAcidSkull

Great Review... this is a solid book for sure.

Thanks man! have you been enjoying it as much as i have? :D

Posted by thanosrules

@theacidskull absolutely! It is fantastic. I loved how the Hulk/Thor's hammer thing worked itself out! :D

Posted by TheAcidSkull

Mark waid sure trolled everyone XD

Posted by Pyrogram

Best issue of Marvel Now

@pyrogram said:

Best issue of Marvel Now

AH! i agree!

you should write a review too :D

Posted by Cyclops4President