the_mighty_monarch's Indestructible Hulk #7 - Gods and Monster, Part 2 review

Indestructible Hulksmash!

It still baffles me how little I'm bothered by Walt Simonson's artwork, especially since there's a few moments in this issue that aren't particularly good, but dammit, his art is somehow perfect for this arc.

There's not a whole lot to the main events of this issue that distinguish it from the previous issue, but there's a lot of big and intriguing revelations. Many things are explained, and many things are set up for the future of the series. The time portal they accidentally created holds a surprising twist to it, and we start to find out Patty's big secrets, but it's clear there's a little bit left we don't know. But her tale is still pretty somber already and really connects her to humanity as a character.

But the big highlight for this issue is all the excellent character interaction. There's Maria Hill and Melinda back at the base, and especially Hulk and Past-Thor. Past Thor's dialogue is pretty old and formal, but it makes sense, and actually helps make the whole thing that much more entertaining. The gold was taken when Thor asks Hulk's name, to which he says his trademark catch phrase, only to have Thor mistake that to be his name, Hulksmash!

In Conclusion: 5/5

There's really not much to say about this issue. It picked up where the last one left off and rocketed to the sky and beyond. Mark Waid trolled Thor fans hard in a very brilliant and amicable way, and the rest of this issue unfolded with extremely entertaining dialogue and a very engaging story. I can't wait to see how this arc concludes.