theacidskull's Indestructible Hulk #4 - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Part 4 review

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS NO INTERNET!

I'm baaaaack! and so is wades awesome Hulk series. Now, to get it out of the way, i'll quickly dispose of what i think of the art. Yu's are is as always an awesome spectacle, hulks fight scenes are amazing and gives you goose bumps. I'd also like to especially draw a line at attumas design which is completely killer, and it is very very cool. There is a scene when the two foes stand to face each other, and attuma looks very intimidating, which is a great accomplishment when you are near the hulk! This is exactly what a great artist should be all about. Also, while again i mention that while most artists Focus one the main Characters only , Yu/mixed with Cho's coloring Draws everything from the background to the giant Monsters awesomely!

Now as for the plot, banner wakes up in isolation at an old testing site, and he is talking to an unknown figure. This is both accurate and interesting, because it mixes a mystery in the book, along with a reasonably explanation to why someone like banner would be isolated. Moreover, banners new attitude is all over the place, in fact , i love the way he is acting. waid manages to mix dark and gritty elements while maintaining the lighthearted humor a hulk book should have. There is a scene that made me burst into laughter, and i loved it!

The new assistants are also very cool, though the are not as important in this issue, however, it is hinted many times that they have some secrets, which could be very nice for potential story arcs in the future. Though banner does tease us with something very interesting, A rare URU metal, which was donated by thor. and of course, banners little helpers ( no pun intended) , jump to a opportunity to get their hands on the metal! this is a great foreshadowing for the future arcs to come, of which we already know, will include thor!

and now, the mission itself. Waid likes to take banner to every corner of earth and test his might in every possible scenario! which is awesome! so now hulk is taken to fight Atumma in the depths of the ocean, and i have to say that the issue ends in a great way, though thats where my problem starts! but before i get into that, lets talk about attuman. In the book, as mentioned before, attuman feels like a threat. Theoretically, he can't beat the hulk, because a 40 tonner vs a 100 tonner won't end well for the little guy, but the thing is, hulk is on attumas turf, and it spices things up. Personally, i enjoyed attuma here, he is arrogant, brash, and feels superior, which makes him a great pick. Besides, it's not easy making someone like Atumma feel like a threat against someone like the hulk.

Now of the bad part. As a hulk hulk fan, i know his powers well /or well enough. and hulk should not be overwhelmed with the pressure of the water, even if he was very deep withing the pacific ocean, though i don't know how things will turn out, this was a slight problem for me! Because hulk can effortlessly bench press a 100 tons( as mentioned above). and there is also the fact that hulk has adaptation powers, which means that he could have adapted to the high pressure deep withing the ocean.

Though i'd reccomend this with all my heart! this is a great title with a great writer, and any no-hulk or hulk fan will enjoy this.

Recommendation: SMASH!

Edited by GreenScar1990

Technically, it is the armor isn't meant to withstand that kind of pressure/force. It didn't say anything about Hulk not being capable of withstanding immense pressure/force, did it? And we all know Hulk can adapt to breathe under water or even survive in space, don't we?

That's what makes Mark Waid a good writer. He hints subtly hint that while the armor can't withstand extreme conditions, it doesn't matter 'cause the Hulk can withstand anything. Why else would he be viewed as the incredible, indestructible Hulk? Can you sense some major smashing coming in the next issue? I know I can!

Now if only can give us Hulk speaking and having talking to Banner through their mind. I want the Hulk that we've loved during Planet Hulk and Greg Pak's run back and smashing... both in a physical and verbal sense!

@GreenScar1990 said:

This was just a minor problem my friend! other than that everything was awesome :D

especially banner scaring the hell out of his helpers :D

Posted by Lvenger

A riveting review from my favourite Hulk fan! Just read the issue myself, yeah yeah late to the party I know, but it was such a brilliant read and you've encapsulated exactly what was awesome about this issue. As for the ending, all I think Waid was hinting at was the possibility of Hulk drowning or losing air and even the strongest being on the planet might have trouble with the extreme pressures surviving in the ocean depths would bring.

Online

@Lvenger said:

Thanks man! :D

and i agree! but we don't know the ending yet! :D, hulk will most probably burst out of the water and kick a$$! ( you should do reviews to :D)

Posted by GreenScar1990

@TheAcidSkull: And don't forget the cool cover. Do you know which issue that the cover pays homage to? I certainly do. Do you, dude? :)

@GreenScar1990 said: