theacidskull's Indestructible Hulk #2 - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Part 2 review

Remember! You're still rich!!

i'll just go ahead and say, HELL YEAH! seriously, i don't know where to begin, but i guess i'll start with the greatest highlights of the book, which was banners new attitude and goals, even as the issue begins we see the fact that Bruce has accomplished so much, and he even set out a motto that he would finish a new invention every week! Another thing that stood out in the issue was the Bruce banner/Tony stark dynamic, Waid does an excellent job of capturing the conflict between two great minds of the marvel universe. Also it's very interesting that banner challenges Tony's intelligence at every possible moment, small quirks like " am i intimidating you?" makes the book all the enjoyable, and banner gets really annoyed when tony tries to "Improve" his invention, and we know what happens when banner gets angry. Mark Waid does something i don't really get in most hulk books, and that's comedy, seriously, he manages to mix seriousness and fun in such a great manner! there was this scene with tony in the bathroom, lets just say i laughed non stop for ten minutes.

now the art...... HOLY MOLY! the art is nothing short than beautiful, the fights scene was amazing, iron man and hulk ducking it out was the biggest treat on the damn issue, seriously, YU takes this book very seriously and provides us with a great visuals! and my favorite drawing was for the transformation, it was by all means astonishing. Yu Can draw one seriously Good Iron man, i especially loved the blast iron man produced, they felt amazing. As for the Hulk, Yu's design is by far one of my favorites thus far, Hulk is HUGE and monstrous, and he looks absolutely badass in the armor.

While the story and art is basically amazing, there are some minor problems. The Hulk can talk like a normal being, but here he can barely say Racker, that is something i did not enjoy, it felt out of character for me, it could be argued however that Hulk was really mad, which is why he was being More savage, but still, he has retain his intelligence even when he has been angrier before, so this is something i did not enjoy. Banner is by all Means brilliant, but hulk needs some work for now.

Recommendation: As A Hulk Fan, This iS a MUST read! and everyone will love this too!

Posted by Lvenger

Excellent review mate! Nice to hear that Hulk and Iron Man are duking it out in another one of Waid's excellently written issues!

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@Lvenger: thanks man ! yes it was quite awesome! and soon you'll be reading it too! ARGGGG! :D

Posted by Deranged Midget

Fantastic review buddy! Mark Waid is seriously killing it on this title and it comes as no surprise! One of the best issues of Hulk I have ever read and I only expect it to continually get better.

Moderator
Posted by TheAcidSkull

@Deranged Midget said:

Thanks! Loved the tony/Banner dynamic ! :D mark waid seriously rocks !

Posted by God_Spawn

Your review is awesome btw and made went out and made me by the book today when I was picking up my copy of Thor 3. Honestly, I was pretty meh about it. I thought the Tony/Banner dynamic was pretty good and the art was awesome and the build up before Banner Hulks out was getting me into it, but the fight was severely lacking. It wasn't really even much of a fight as it was Tony trying to stabilize Banner's fracker and Hulk punching Tony everywhere with a jet boot here, a repulsor blast there and then Hulk leaping to save Tony from it exploding. Idk, bro. I don't think this title is necessarily for me but I like Waid and I'll see where this goes if you keep up the reviews.

Moderator Online
Edited by TheAcidSkull

@god_spawn said:

first of all, thank you very much :), but i knew this wasn't going to be the most EPIC battle in the universe,

waid said in the interviews that the first 2 issues would a focused on banners new personality, so i gave it a 5 due to the fact that banner wanted to prove himself, but i did however hope for more action too , if we want more action i guess we will see it in issue 3, considering banner is going on his first mission for the first time since he joined shield and then there will be a new Hulk Vs attuma( he will probably get an amp since he is a 40 tonner) . i plan on reviewing this series form bottom to the end, so yeah...stay tunes i guess......plus i loved how banner verbally owned tony ;)