Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    As the Hulks draw closer to Hiro-Kala, they start to have some serious disagreements about how to conduct this war.  

The Good

Much as I do with the interplay between Hulk and Banner, I really enjoyed the conflicting bouts of rage and reason that the Hulks experience as they proceed in this mission. It's a lot more interesting to see the two sides of the jade giants' psyche be almost like partners sharing a vehicle.  Also, though I missed out on the storyline the first time around, the back-up about Red She-Hulk provided an excellent counterpoint to underlace her relationship with Hulk in the current timeline.

The Bad

Even under Barry Kitson's more-than-capable hands, the "skull monsters" in Hiro-Kala's army still look unintentionally goofy. They honestly make me think of toys from some misbegotten line in the 80s that I've come across in a yard sale.  I'm a little anxious about the prospect of there being a big fight featuring them next issue.

The Verdict - 4/5

I couldn't help but think of that classic line from Bride of Frankenstein while reading this. You know, that toast to the "new world of gods and monsters." I've always thought that Hulk was one of the hardest characters to make interesting, especially after the great psychological stuff that Peter David did, but this is truly something new, exciting and nigh-mythical.
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Pizawle

Incredible Hulks has been great fun thus far.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Eyz

Now that the "world war" as passen for the Hulks, it's time to be a bit more fun~

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This series blows World War Hulks away.
    Drayco90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Drayco90

Seems intresting. I'll pick up a trade in the future and see if the series hooks me.
    GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GrimoireMyst
    @Drayco90 said:
    " Seems interesting. I'll pick up a trade in the future and see if the series hooks me. "
    There is a new trade out called Fall of the Hulkz that just came out about the previous storyline that I plan to pick up.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Why wasn't Lyra in this issue? 

Otherwise, I liked it. The character interactions seemed off compared to previous issues. Next issue we'll get to see what Hiro Kala is made of. 

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Icon

Overall this is a great run, and I credit it for having got me into Hulk. Absolutely no regrets. I'm really enjoying it. 

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By N7_Normandy

Haven't been reading this, but that cover art looks amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.