inferiorego's Incredible Hulks #628 - Live and Let Smash review

• inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Don't Take off the Mask

Hulk and Red-She Hulk team up to take on The Knights of Rome.

The Good

First, I love love love the Knights of Rome. I am usually not too into the mysticism element in comics, but these guys really worked as an enemy of the Hulk. We've been seeing a lot of other super-strong villains in the Hulk world, since World War Hulk, so it's pretty cool to see a new element go at it with Banner. At first, I thought I was going to hate the Hulk/Red She-Hulk team-up, but I really enjoy their relationship on the page, and by relationship, I mean barely putting up with each other for the greater cause.

I don't think I've read a book with Tyrannus in it in quite some time, so it was cool to see him back in action. I miss his ridiculous costume, but it's forgivable. Really enjoyed the dialogue, especially between Hulk and Red-She Hulk. Great writing in this issue, but, in my opinion, Pak is the best writer for Hulk.

The Bad

I feel like I missed out on a year's worth of stories, even though I've been away from the book for two months. That's really my only complaint. I didn't love the issue, but I liked it a lot. I did feel a bit lost, but everything seemed pretty well wrapped up in by the end of the issue.

Incredible Hulk is one of the most under-rated Marvel books on the shelf. It's self-contained, always well written (when Pak is on it), and it's an entertaining read. We have some new and old villains in this issue, and while you may be a bit lost on what is going on, there's enough good stuff in this issue to keep you glued to the pages. This is a definite recommendation, and worth every penny. It's not the best issue in the series, but it's an awesome issue regardless.
Posted by Caligula

Great Review.

Posted by G-Man

I like my Hulk books with less Hulks. I've been digging this spotlight adventure with Hulk and Betty.

Staff
Edited by Grimoire

Posted by Feliciano2040
@Grimoire said:
I have been disliking Betty completely ever since she everyone found out she was Red She-Hulk. She puts Banner in danger acts like a complete...well you know which Banner never did even as rage Hulk. I hope she's dumped and Banner goes for the kidnapped crypto-mythologist. lolSadly the means I didn't like the ending to this one. Always the quick fix when it comes to comics.
Fully agree, I may not like Pak's style that much, but he is a good writer, except with what he's done with Betty's characterization, find me a more annoying female marvel character than Betty Ross and I'll shoot myself in the face.