Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Four years of storylines have built up to this moment, the final knock-down-drag-out battle between Hulk and Skaar - - a fight which's outcome will decide the fate of World War Hulks

The Good   

Wow... just when did Paul Pelletier go off and get his own gamma injection?! I've been a fan of the guy's work for years, but his art's become like... like a Hulk-sized version of itself. I was speechless over panel. This is powerhouse stuff. Miki and D'Armata deserve credit too for making this one of those rare "sense-shattering conclusions" that truly feels like the team pulled out all the stops. All that would, of course, be meaningless without Pak's script, which makes this an Apocalypse of both action and emotion. I love how you're not really sure who to root for in this brawl between Hulk and Skaar - - this really felt like a war of gods. In my opinion, a much better capturing of operatic Greek tragedy than what Ang Lee tried to pull off with his Hulk movie. The level of pathos involved in Hulk's lingering identity issues relating to his father and son made for some truly powerful drama.

The Bad   

I know that the back-up feature's there to set up the next storyline with Hiro-Kala, but the thing's kind of let-down after the feature. The fact that War-Mind soldiers had really silly designs - - they looked like awkward toys for an 80s toon - - didn't help.

The Verdict - 4.5/5  

Considering that the Jade Giant is a notoriously-hard character to do anything new or interesting with, I feel like Pak and Pelletier should get an award for making a Hulk issue as awesome as this was. The last comic I can remember having this level of spectacle was Bryan Hitch's run on Ultimates. This is probably going to be collected soon, so you'd do well to pick up the World War Hulks trade and subscribe to this book now, since a new storyline's starting next issue.     
    mister garbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mister garbage

This issue was the Epic that #600 should have been.

asgoodasezra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By asgoodasezra

I haven't re-read Planet Hulk or World War Hulk in while.... but the imagery Pak and Pelletier show in this issue just brings back the same feeling from those past events. It's a big pay off as it actually made this event feel like a natural continuation of these stories. I thought I was going to stop reading Hulk books after this, I can't help but wonder with excitement where this will go.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

This book was epic. 

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zella

I normally find the Hulk books to be a little boring but this one was epic. The art alone made the book awesome.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great comic. It's why I love the Hulk. Skaar is the man.

Azmuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azmuth

This was a beautiful comic

Avatar image for jacory_williams
    Jacory_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jacory_Williams

2 thumbs up, there should be an unscripted on this issue, or a 3 minute expert
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian

I don't read his comics anymore, but I still love Hulk! =)

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

does hulk die??

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By tensor

my ? is can hulk go from normal to worldbreaker how can he just change to worldbreaker like that is this a new power of hulk an how can he tell which hulk is coming out apart from that good comic

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By devilmanex

Loved it

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By greenenvy

Of all the hulk books lately this brings back the shit baby with strong action and emotion all the way. This is the true hulk anniversary  right here. 

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

very very good issue. I had begun to feel like the World War Hulks storyline was starting to lose speed as it grew to it's conclusion but this really pulled it out of the bag, top notch stuff by all involved.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.