englentine's Incredible Hercules #117 - Sacred Invasion, Part 1: The God Squad review

Not Very Good

I liken John Romita Jr. to Jack Kirby. I never like his pictures, but I really like the way he makes a page look.  Here though, he gives us one very bland cover. Not too impressive. I guess he was trying to get us ready for what we would get on the inside of the book.
To be perfectly frank, the cover was the best part of the book to me. Do you remember everything you hated about the senate scenes in Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace?  Well, that is exactly what this book is like. It is a bunch of gods, sitting around talking about their possible involvement in the Skrull Invasion.
  Not exciting. Not very interesting. I have been picking up all of the titles involved with the Invasion, and there are a lot of them. This one is making me not want to.