INCORRUPTIBLE VOL. 1

Aerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Aerock

"Being a fan of comic books since 1989, I can say that this book is refreshing.  Ever since Marvel Publishing came out with Age of Apocalypse, I've lost interest in collecting every single issue of major crossovers to catch the full story.  I stopped reading comics on a monthly basis after that, and started to only read sporadically.  I tried to pick comics back up during Civil War, and then World War Hulk, but I got frustrated again.  Image was a nice break back in the day, especially when Gen 13 was fairly new, but then it got too hungry with the crossovers like Marvel did.  I've always tried to read DC Comics, but it was easier to stick to their animated cartoons.  The one series that I did enjoy was Brian K. Vaughn's Y: The Last Man from Vertigo.

Fast forward to 2010... thank you Boom! Studios.  You have given me a fresh start in the comic multiverse, and I love your bold approach.  My favorite title today is, hands down, Incorruptible.  I missed Irredeemable, but I saw a collected trade paperback of Incorruptible Vol. 1.  I knew nothing about your characters or story before picking up this book, yet while reading the first chapter, I felt like I've known these characters all my life!  I've always had a soft spot for bad guys in cruddy situations.  I'm finally starting to put a pull together, and Incorruptible is the first title on my new list!  Good job, Mark Waid!

i less than three komiks,
    ~  Aerock

p.s.
    If anybody picked up the TPB, did any of y'all notice the reviews on the back?  After reading a certain one a couple of times, I thought was hilarious...

"4.5 out of 5.  This series just works.  It's a must-read."
                                                                            - Comics Vine

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.