Spawn's A Member Of The Guardians Of The Globe?!?

Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
Earlier today we saw that Invincible declared himself a member of the Guardians of the Globe. The new ad campaign from Image Comics looked suspiciously familiar to a current one from Marvel. These coincidences happen all the time. I mean we have Blackest Night and Necrosha. Soon we'll have Brightest Day and the Heroic Age. So perhaps it's just a coincidence that Image's current campaign looks similar to another. You would think these ad's take months and months of prior planning. They must have research groups and studies to determine what the best tactic would be. 

So here is the second member of the Guardians of the Globe.

Uh huh...Okay, maybe it's not a coincidence. Pretty funny though. Guess we'll find out what's going on in August.
Staff
#1 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahahaha, thats awesome

#2 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome and kind of would like to see a book of Image super heroes as a mega team. I am sure we will see Witchblade and Savage Dragon next. Hopefully a good jumping on point.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I  would like to see an Image version of the Avengers/JLA.

#4 Posted by jstarzyk (318 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty funny.

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

lmfao, best tagline EVER!

#6 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha ha ha ha, that's actually really funny.
#7 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

That is great. haha.

#8 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

I need a change of pants.

If the Brit shows up, I'll flip.

#9 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

"Todd lost a bet so he's loaning me out for this"

Hahahaha.

#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" I  would like to see an Image version of the Avengers/JLA. "
The original Guardians were similar to the JLA
#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: awesome :D
#14 Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Chris Giarrusso is the best.

Staff
#15 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA

#16 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: that picture should be embossed in solid gold and hung on the cv office wall.
#17 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

If Image keeps this up, I may just have to check this book out.

#18 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

These are getting more positive reactions than Marvel's actual Avengers promos.
#19 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the artist?

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

One really must wonder what ELSE Todd has loaned Spawn out for....
#21 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

You got to be kiding me (face palm).Its still awesome known the less XD

#22 Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: It is hanging in the office next to my Gorillaz banner.

Staff
#23 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtisticNeedham said:
"Who is the artist? "

I think it's Whilce.  And if it's him and Kirkman, this is going to be awesome...IF it's Kirkman.  The GoG are from "Invincible", I wouldn't be a fan if the GoG becomes Image's "JLA/Avengers".  Invincible is a book that seems like it's in a universe of its own.  Although, Dragon and Super Patriot have been around. 

I want to see BRIT become an official member and DEFINITELY Wolf-Man.
#24 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

everyone needs to read invincible !!!!!

#25 Posted by Lord Vashti (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying too hard to remain relevant. 
Not dope.

#26 Posted by faceless253 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me of a parody image of the New Avengers ad that had Mickey Mouse and said "It's all part of the deal." Funny stuff, can't wait until we start seeing stuff from Todd's Spawn movie. So many comic movies, and according to whack jobs, so little time.

#27 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

post image-united i guess? anyways, thats a funny quote. and that def doesnt look like todds spawn...

#28 Posted by UpUpAndAway (192 posts) - - Show Bio

call me crazy but i think theyre not putting a team together but just poking fun at the marvel ad campaign for the avengers crap theyre force-feeding us at the moment.... one avengers team!!     "Sweet! this is gonna kick ass!!"        2 avengers teams!!   "Hmmmmm ok?"      3 avengers teams!!   *silently mopes away with head down in disappointment*
#29 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn on a team?
Cool beans.

#30 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird?

#31 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope this is just a single issue of awesome or a trick. I dont think it would be bad (i have yet to see Kirkman write badly), but it seems like an odd direction to move towards, considering guys like Spawn and Savage Dragon have only had fleeting face time in Invincible comics since it started.

Then again, Image has been saying they want Kirkman to pull the Image U together. So i guess we'll see...

#32 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!!! XD 
Love the quote lol

#33 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

but...but...I don't like spawn..

#34 Edited by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Can---can this be? Is Image FINALLY catching up to DC and Marvel? An Image "Justice League"?!?!?! 

Oh, man... this is great! I hope Haunt and Dragon join too! (hey there's not many to choose from Image anyhow! hehehe) 

And Can i say that Spawn looks mighty awesome in this? Also I wonder what the bet was about... lolz

#35 Posted by Ikkybooger (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how Image in actively competing with DC and Marvel as a front runner in the  Super-hero genre. A  team is just the thing they needed to get on par with them. I'm mostly just a Marvel reader, but I think I have to seriously consider picking up some Image titles when I have more disposable income.

#36 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

This is funny and sweet

#37 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

That is the best quote yet without a shadow of a doubt :P 

#38 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

Have the Guardians of the GLobe always existed... or did they jus create this team since... that one comic book is selling... Image United... or something...

#39 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"Weird? "
#40 Posted by Cpt. Quor (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Image is going to have it's own proper team!? Awesome! 

And clearly, the ad campaign is a spoof.

#41 Posted by Lawton (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to get into Invincible & Witchblade. Where is a good jumping on point for both?

#42 Posted by rudorudo (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Beast-X said:
" Cool if it continues the Guardians of the Globe will be a dream team of superheroes from Image! I wonder: Invincible, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Witchblade, Fortress, Fathon, Astounding Wolf-Man, Haunt . For the first time the image would have a team of super-heavyweights bringing the main characters along the lines of the Justice League and Avengers     "
Fathom's no longer with Top Cow - and we'll have to see if there will be if any Top Cow characters in this. If so I see the likes of Ripclaw being a frontrunner.
#43 Posted by Crackdown (604 posts) - - Show Bio

If only the Killer was part of it (I mean, I know he's top cow, but still. He was in Savage Dragon.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.