Recommended reading?

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so this is basically a thread asking for some cool stories of Image comics and image comics only

Awaits for awesome suggestions

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
actually, i'll probably get a lot of s#it for this, but i love Liberty Meadows...

it's my one guilty pleasure when it comes to comics lol

M
#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Planetary sounds awesome...but I've yet to read it

Moderator
#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"
actually, i'll probably get a lot of s#it for this, but i love Liberty Meadows...

it's my one guilty pleasure when it comes to comics lol

M
"
aztek the lost said:
"Planetary sounds awesome...but I've yet to read it
"
what are they about?
#5 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"
actually, i'll probably get a lot of s#it for this, but i love Liberty Meadows...

it's my one guilty pleasure when it comes to comics lol

M
"
hehehehehehehe

shuts his mouth

Alright for my recommendation.......wow dman i havnt read a image comic in a long freaking time.

Id say the older Youngblood series.  damn cant think of any other than Young Blood an Spawn
#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Liberty Meadows is basically just silly random fun about a vet who's inlove with a girl, brandy, pictured, and tries to win her...

there's also a pig (Dean) who can't stop smoking or being a male chaovanist, a bear who's completely self obsessed and a weiner dog who is just random...

it's harmless random fun, but damn it's funny lol

M
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamo 5 is lovely.

Moderator
#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
aztek the lost said:
"Planetary sounds awesome...but I've yet to read it
"
what are they about?
"
read the second paragraph...I really need to read it, but I'd rather not until the final issue is actually out
Moderator
#9 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:
aztek the lost said:
"Planetary sounds awesome...but I've yet to read it
"
what are they about?
"
read the second paragraph...I really need to read it, but I'd rather not until the final issue is actually out
"
dude ur gonna be waiting for a long time.

WE have been waiting for almost 3 years. Dont hold ur breath
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:
aztek the lost said:
"Planetary sounds awesome...but I've yet to read it
"
what are they about?
"
read the second paragraph...I really need to read it, but I'd rather not until the final issue is actually out
"
dude ur gonna be waiting for a long time.

WE have been waiting for almost 3 years. Dont hold ur breath
"
its supposed to come out later this year you buffoon, I'm sure I can hold my breath that long
Moderator
#11 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:
aztek the lost said:
"Planetary sounds awesome...but I've yet to read it
"
what are they about?
"
read the second paragraph...I really need to read it, but I'd rather not until the final issue is actually out
"
dude ur gonna be waiting for a long time.

WE have been waiting for almost 3 years. Dont hold ur breath
"
its supposed to come out later this year you buffoon, I'm sure I can hold my breath that long
"
It was supposed to come out last year idiot. Look where we're at now
#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"It was supposed to come out last year idiot. Look where we're at now
"
wow, not even a string of profanity, I don't know if I'm disappointed or impressed...anyways, I'm pretty sure its coming out for real this year, since they're reprinting the first issue as a possible Watchmen follow-up
Moderator
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

umm guys? less fighting more recommendations, out of those Planetary was the one that really interested me but ain't that wildstorm?

thanks for your suggestion methos but not really my style

how is "I kill giants"?

#14 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"It was supposed to come out last year idiot. Look where we're at now
"
since they're reprinting the first issue as a possible Watchmen follow-up
"
WTF?!
#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"It was supposed to come out last year idiot. Look where we're at now
"
since they're reprinting the first issue as a possible Watchmen follow-up
"
WTF?!
"
not really a follow-up, is part of "After watchmen what's next?"
#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
thanks for your suggestion methos but not really my style

fair enough....

Spawn is alright, i guess... not really my thing though...

the old Gen13 stuff was awesome though, some of the best stuff i ever read

M
#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"umm guys? less fighting more recommendations, out of those Planetary was the one that really interested me but ain't that wildstorm?"
oh, haha! I always get these two publishers mixed up for some reason...

for Image, the only things I've ever liked are Spawn and Gen13...but not that extremely much or anything
Moderator
#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Nighthunter said:
thanks for your suggestion methos but not really my style

fair enough....

Spawn is alright, i guess... not really my thing though...

the old Gen13 stuff was awesome though, some of the best stuff i ever read

M
"
ain't Gen13 wildstorm? lol
#19 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"It was supposed to come out last year idiot. Look where we're at now
"
since they're reprinting the first issue as a possible Watchmen follow-up
"
WTF?!
"
not really a follow-up, is part of "After watchmen what's next?"
"
Oh alright
#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
ain't Gen13 wildstorm? lol
"

currently it is, but originally, way back in 1995... were any of you actually alive or reading comics back then? anyway, back then in the 'stone age' lol, it was originally an Image comic, it got bought out by Wildstorm several years later when it started to be a big success

M
#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"
Nighthunter said:
ain't Gen13 wildstorm? lol
"

currently it is, but originally, way back in 1995... were any of you actually alive or reading comics back then? anyway, back then in the 'stone age' lol, it was originally an Image comic, it got bought out by Wildstorm several years later when it started to be a big success

M
"
lol I was 4 back then
#22 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Nighthunter said:
ain't Gen13 wildstorm? lol
"

were any of you actually alive or reading comics back then?

M
"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yep cause no body here is as old as Methos. Man poor you being such an old fart HAHAHAHAHA
#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
Yep cause no body here is as old as Methos. Man poor you being such an old fart HAHAHAHAHA
"

*points to G-man who is actually a couple of years older than Methos*

M
#24 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Darkchild said:
Yep cause no body here is as old as Methos. Man poor you being such an old fart HAHAHAHAHA
"

*points to G-man who is actually a couple of years older than Methos*

M
"
Dont matter Old Fart, i talk to you. HAHAHAHAHAHA
#25 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus your here at the moment. So your the oldest therefore old fart hahaha

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
*slaps DC*

Sorry, my mistake... what was it again about schoolgirls?

M
#27 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"*slaps DC*

Sorry, my mistake... what was it again about schoolgirls?

M
"
Flips Methos off

It says that "If they have pigtails stay away...unless their 18 then its perfectly fine." So STFU :P
#28 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

ahem...

#29 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"ahem..."
glares at him

Fine...killjoy.

Gen 13 and Youngblood were cool Image comics back "in the day" havnt read much from either recently
#30 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Old school Spawn and some of the spin offs (especially Curse of the Spawn) are really worth reading.

Also "The Pitt" and perhaps but just perhaps "The Tenth". I wasn't very fond of it but a lot of my friends liked it so... well yeah lol.

#31 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Pitt was awesome man i havnt read Image comics in years. Thanks for reminding me (goes to find his copies)

#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Old school Spawn and some of the spin offs (especially Curse of the Spawn) are really worth reading.

Also "The Pitt" and perhaps but just perhaps "The Tenth". I wasn't very fond of it but a lot of my friends liked it so... well yeah lol.
"
what's the Pitt about? The tenth is the one written by Tony Daniel right?
#33 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

transformers the reign of starscream

#34 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

If you like the Supernatural try Wolf-man. The only Image comic I read.

#35 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

what do people think of invincible?

#36 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"
Nighthunter said:
ain't Gen13 wildstorm? lol
"

currently it is, but originally, way back in 1995... were any of you actually alive or reading comics back then? anyway, back then in the 'stone age' lol, it was originally an Image comic, it got bought out by Wildstorm several years later when it started to be a big success

M
"
i remember getting all 13 covers when they first came out....the mini and volume 1 were and still are some of my all time favorite comics
Online
#37 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"what do people think of invincible?
"

He's okay. Only time I read about him is when it invloves Wolf-man though.
#38 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"Methos said:
"
Nighthunter said:
ain't Gen13 wildstorm? lol
"

currently it is, but originally, way back in 1995... were any of you actually alive or reading comics back then? anyway, back then in the 'stone age' lol, it was originally an Image comic, it got bought out by Wildstorm several years later when it started to be a big success

M
"
i remember getting all 13 covers when they first came out....the mini and volume 1 were and still are some of my all time favorite comics
"
umm...crazy obsessive much?
Moderator
#39 Posted by Meanstreak (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Stormwatch. Newmen, Wetworks(the search and destroy arc is crazy), Oh, and the Team 7 mini: Objective hell

#40 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

ok I had quite a few suggestions and unexpectly when I was in the comic store I saw a tp of a miniseries named "Nightly News" by Jonathan Hickman (Secret Warriors) whose concept (without giving spoilers) is of a group of people whose lives were destroyed by the media are offered missions by "The voice" to act as terrorists against the media which brainwashes the public.

This was my first Image comic and I have to admit that I am impressed.

Great story and the artwork is not only great but also original, here's a sample


The artwork in the cover is the same as in the inside, the artwork also is an unique amalgam of comic art and design


#41 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I went again to the comic store and saw the tp of I kill Giants and couldn't resist, bare with me. It's written by Joe Kelly (JLA, Deadpool, Spider-man) and is a fun comic which as it goes by reveals to have a great depth and everything starts to make sence.

This is an original and funny comic that is a recess of superhero comics




#42 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

If you liked Invincible, I'm sure you'd like Dynamo 5.
 

#43 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
" umm guys? less fighting more recommendations, out of those Planetary was the one that really interested me but ain't that wildstorm?thanks for your suggestion methos but not really my stylehow is "I kill giants"? "
I KILL GIANTS isnt what you expect. Its well written but its more for people who like to feel bad for little kids.
#44 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Dragon

#45 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8895 posts) - - Show Bio

Morning Glories is a great series from Image Comics

Morning Glories Vol. 1
#46 Posted by lady_toyano (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Witch Doctor four part mini series by Image! It's fabulous.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.