Good Image Comics?

#1 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

other than the walking dead and hack/slash of course. I'm particularly interested in the ones that JUSt launched, since i can't get into a comics book if it's already a long time on-going

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Jupiter's Legacy is one issue in and seems set to be pretty good. Also, although neither have just launched, Saga and Chew are both brilliant.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Jupiter's Legacy is one issue in and seems set to be pretty good. Also, although neither have just launched, Saga and Chew are both brilliant.

#4 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

No problem, Chew is on 33 issues at the moment but its worth catching up on :)

#5 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@guttridgeb said:

No problem, Chew is on 33 issues at the moment but its worth catching up on :)

I want to But I'll probably do it in the summer, since my school is a monster. XD

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I know what you mean :P

The worst part is that the teachers don't consult each other on how much HM they give, and some F*cking how every test is taking place simultaneously!

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5668 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible. I don't care if it's on 102 issues currently, it's more than worth it. I started reading Chew recently, and yes, that one is worth catching up on too.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West, Manhattan Projects, Peter Panzerfaust and Prophet.

BB

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: what is East of west and Peter Panzerfaust about ? :)

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Well to quote East of West's solicit:

A Sci-Fi Western set in a dystopian America where all hope for the future rests in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...who just happen to be trying to kill the President of the United States.

And Peter Panzerfaust is Peter Pan fighting in WWII.

BB

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler said:

Invincible. I don't care if it's on 102 issues currently, it's more than worth it. I started reading Chew recently, and yes, that one is worth catching up on too.

What Smash said!

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Well to quote East of West's solicit:

A Sci-Fi Western set in a dystopian America where all hope for the future rests in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...who just happen to be trying to kill the President of the United States.

And Peter Panzerfaust is Peter Pan fighting in WWII.

BB

EAST OF WEST HERE I COME!

#14 Edited by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Not an Image book but I think you'd REALLY like The Goon. It's about 50 issues in but it's coming irregularly.

BB

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Not an Image book but I think you'd REALLY like The Goon. It's about 50 issues in but it's coming irregularly.

BB

Well thats fine :), i just want comics outside of the regular TWO MEGA companies ( Marvel , DC). the Goon huh? sound interesting :)

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Understandable. Yeah, the Goon is one of the funniest series that I've read (probably in the top 2) and it can get pretty serious at times. And the main character most likely would be to your liking.

BB

#17 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Understandable. Yeah, the Goon is one of the funniest series that I've read (probably in the top 2) and it can get pretty serious at times. And the main character most likely would be to your liking.

BB

I looked at some of it 's stuff, read some descriptions and i have to say that i agree, this tough guy is somebody i would probably love :D

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

You could call him a monster at times and I know you love that :p

BB

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

You could call him a monster at times and I know you love that :p

BB

0____O

I will read the sh*t Out of that series!

#20 Edited by The_Tree (7302 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd recommend:

• Chew (Hilarious, original, sometimes can be serious, buddy-cop esque comic that's 33 issues in.)
  • Comeback (A crime/time travel miniseries in the same vein as Looper.)
  • Gladstone's School for World Conquerors (A hilarious miniseries about the children of supervillains learning how to be like their parents.)
  • The Infinite Vacation (A miniseries about love, choices, finding one's self, and multiple realities.)
  • Invincible (I know it's 102 issues in, but it's a great superhero comic)
  • Near Death (An 11 issue series about a hitman who died, saw the otherside, came back to life, and decided to change his way of life. He decides to help a person for each person he's killed.)
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode/The Legend of Luther Strode (An action packed, hilarious, yet serious pair of miniseries about a teen who acquires very powerful "talents".)
  • Who is Jake Ellis?/Where is Jake Ellis? (A couple of great action/espionage mystery miniseries.)
#21 Edited by Ms. Omega (4450 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

He's almost like a weird mixture of Wolverine and the Hulk. More or less. (tries his best to sell you on the series)

BB

#23 Edited by Icarusflies (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan Projects is LITERALLY my favorite comic right now.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

He's almost like a weird mixture of Wolverine and the Hulk. More or less. (tries his best to sell you on the series)

BB

Well i'm sold!

Manhattan Projects is LITERALLY my favorite comic right now.

is it really that good? :D

#25 Posted by Icarusflies (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: YES.

I have walked a decent distance IN THE RAIN to go to the comic store for that book.

It is SO. FREAKIN. GOOD.

#26 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: YES.

I have walked a decent distance IN THE RAIN to go to the comic store for that book.

It is SO. FREAKIN. GOOD.

Wow :D

#27 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Icarus is right. Manhattan projects has to be checked out. I don`t love it as much as her, but I have to acknowledge that it`s good. I wrote a review of it. It`s one of newest reviews, if you`re interested.

I`ve liked Mudman. Don`t know if you`d like it. The firsts trade is a light read, and every ish about fife times lighter. The fights are short, art is great, it`s not very compressed, at first almost everything is shrouded in mystery and we get to know the whole story bit by bit. It`s also got a very old school, very calm feel to it. I think that you should check an ish out. At least flip trough one.

Latest volume of Glory is worth a read for the art alone. The writing is worth it, too. There`s violence too. The trades cost ridiculously little, like all Image-trades.

As for other publishers...Shadoweyes springs to mind. Made by Ross Campbell (artist of Glory). A tale about a pretty realistic superhero (not THAT realistic though, since she is a blue monster) in a Dystopian city. A little bit of violence. Alot of dark themes, lighthearted chit chat and...mostly talking. I mean...I bet that about 85 % of both of the published trades are talking. It might be a turn-off for you, since it gets pretty tedious at times, too.

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Icarus is right. Manhattan projects has to be checked out. I don`t love it as much as her, but I have to acknowledge that it`s good. I wrote a review of it. It`s one of newest reviews, if you`re interested.

I`ve liked Mudman. Don`t know if you`d like it. The firsts trade is a light read, and every ish about fife times lighter. The fights are short, art is great, it`s not very compressed, at first almost everything is shrouded in mystery and we get to know the whole story bit by bit. It`s also got a very old school, very calm feel to it. I think that you should check an ish out. At least flip trough one.

Latest volume of Glory is worth a read for the art alone. The writing is worth it, too. There`s violence too. The trades cost ridiculously little, like all Image-trades.

As for other publishers...Shadoweyes springs to mind. Made by Ross Campbell (artist of Glory). A tale about a pretty realistic superhero (not THAT realistic though, since she is a blue monster) in a Dystopian city. A little bit of violence. Alot of dark themes, lighthearted chit chat and...mostly talking. I mean...I bet that about 85 % of both of the published trades are talking. It might be a turn-off for you, since it gets pretty tedious at times, too.

Thank very much bud :), thanks for all the recommendation!:D

#29 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3732 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (14724 posts) - - Show Bio

Jupiter's Legacy started pretty interesting,so you can try it!

#31 Posted by gregroyj42 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga is great. You can pick up the first trade for ten bucks the second is coming out in June I believe. Also Great Pacific and I love Trouble are great scfi fantasy type books. ILT is on issue 5.

#32 Edited by longbowhunter (7051 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say enough good things about Witch Doctor. That is my jam for sure. Read the first issue of Revival the other day. Liked it a lot.

#33 Edited by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Luther Strode Y'all

#34 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Prophet (the new space one that really shouldn't be a Prophet comic)

#35 Posted by Jake Fury (18447 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Echoing sentiments here:

• East of West
  • Saga
  • Jupiter's Legacy
  • Great Pacific

I also just bought an older Image Comic called Phonogram but not sure if I am going to like it or not.

#36 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Echoing sentiments here:

• East of West
  • Saga
  • Jupiter's Legacy
  • Great Pacific

I also just bought an older Image Comic called Phonogram but not sure if I am going to like it or not.

Thanks!

#37 Edited by Brad387 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the superheroes in the Invincible Skybound/Kirkman universe are great, including Tech Jacket, The Astounding Wolf-Man and whatnot. Five Weapons has actually been a real surprise for me. I took a chance on it and, although there are only eight issues out, I really like it. It's not superheroes, but it's great nevertheless.

#38 Edited by SilverPool (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

*Deleted* Was thinking Vertigo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.