Comic Book Question of the Week Results: Favorite Image Series

• 51 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

We all have a pretty good idea when it comes to what the big two have to offer, but Image is by far one of the best go-to spots if you want some truly unique titles. Sure, they have zombies and dudes in capes like everyone else, but their vast catalog of titles offers an overwhelming amount of fascinating and varied stories for you to dive right into. This week, we wanted to know which title you're digging the most and yes, we couldn't cram EVERY book on the poll, but we did take into account the specified "other" votes. After two days of voting, the very close race between two certain titles has ended and SAGA barely took the victory!

There's two reasons why you should be interested in this book. 1) Brian K. Vaughan and 2) Brian K. Vaughan. The sky is the limit when it comes to the talented writer's creativity with this always expanding sci-fi/fantasy adventure universe. Moreover, Fiona Staples does a brilliant job bringing Vaughan's creations to life and makes this a truly immersive reading experience. We continue to love this book here at Comic Vine and we highly recommend it if you're looking to jump face first into something totally new and refreshing.

Here's the poll results.

• Saga 23%
  • Invincible 20%
  • The Walking Dead 18%
  • East of West 5%
  • Chew 4%
  • Fatale 4%
  • Spawn 4%
  • Other (Please Specify) 4%
  • Lazarus 3%
  • The Manhattan Projects 3%
  • Luther Strode 2%
  • Mind the Gap 2%
  • Morning Glories 2%
  • Savage Dragon 2%
  • Ten Grand 2%
  • Clone 1%
  • Five Weapons 1%
  • Jupiter's Legacy 1%
  • Hack/Slash 1%
  • Nowhere Men 1%
  • Chin Music 0%
  • Ghosted 0%
  • Satellite Sam 0%

Which book earned your vote and why? Be sure to comment below and explain why you think said series is more than worthy of your praise. Finally, don't forget to check back next Tuesday for an all-new 'Comic Book Question of the Week!' In the meantime, if you have a suggestion for a future question, we're more than happy to hear it! So, if you've got one, feel free to share it below!

Staff Online
#1 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

4% FOR SPAWN!?!?!?

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

stupid! invincible was winning!

#3 Posted by Mucklefluga (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Invincible with that large chunk of the % surprised me so much. So glad Chew got some love too!

#4 Posted by TheReaper111 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

go spawn!

#5 Edited by Lord_Pyre (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible!!!

#6 Posted by bladewolf (761 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Saga, so I'm glad to see the results. It's arguably the best non-superhero comic on the stands right now, perhaps even the best comic overall! Also, there's a third reason to read Saga: Fiona Staples. That woman can DRAW.

#7 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (979 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (979 posts) - - Show Bio

Really 2% for Ten grand and Luther Strode. 4% for Spawn (smh)

#9 Posted by acomicbooklook (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga is great, but Manhattan Projects and Great Pacific are equally as good. And Ten Grand and Sex are not far behind. Image is by far my favorite publisher. In this episode of A Comic Book Look we discuss how good Image Comics are:

#10 Edited by The Stegman (24461 posts) - - Show Bio

...I gotta start reading Saga.

#11 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn needs to do some type of reboot.

#12 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West got my vote, it has really drawn me in and held my attention so far.

#13 Posted by fables87 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Fatale. I haven't read the others, but why so low?

#14 Posted by hufnagel0 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

...I gotta start reading Saga.

It's a really fun book. And I dunno if Image usually does this for the first TPB for a series, but volume one is only ten bucks (I think 15 for vol. 2) so it's cheap to catch up.

#15 Posted by dondave (37605 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Saga really that good?

#16 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well worth it, read the first issues of Saga and it was fantastic. Personally I believe so because it's such a different tone than what the typical big two are doing right now so it's a fresh entry.

#17 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn, but only the Al Simmons run for me. New Spawn hasn't interested me much.

#18 Posted by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Is Saga really that good?

No. It's better.

#19 Posted by ReviewerOne_1 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible Universe for me :/

#20 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

Pleasantly surprised with the amount of votes Invincible and Chew got (especially the latter).

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7487 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad Invincible got a lot of love, would've also liked to see Chew and Luther Strode get a bit more recognition.

Not a fan of Saga, though.

#22 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, Nowhere Men, I still care for you. T-T

#23 Edited by TheFirstLantern (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm part of that 0% for ghosted :D since I only read that and East of west. And I was behind on east of west.

#24 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

Told ya guys Saga would win

#25 Edited by MissJ (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Quelle unfair poll! Too many deserved my votes (not really a surprise if you ever see my Essentials picks or reviews). Image is thoroughly amazing me right now.

Staff
#26 Edited by IrishX (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

The Walking Dead has been kicking ass and taking names for a decade now and it's continued high level of excellence makes it the best.

Elephantmen deserves some recognition.

#27 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga is certainly worthy so this is not a complaint of the poll, but I'd like to know how this would have gone if Saga, Invincible, and TWD were not a choice. This was a bit too predictable.

#28 Posted by NoahMcnasty (43 posts) - - Show Bio

saga def. deserves to be 1 but walking dead shouldn't even be as high as it is. if were talking about currently then the walking dead should be at 10. the story is dragging zombies have disappeared ,and no one but myself seems to notice. no herds nothing just a few here and there.

#29 Edited by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

4% FOR SPAWN!?!?!?

Look at it this way, it came in seventh out of twenty three.

#30 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatale for me.

#31 Edited by Skyhawk1 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Mezmero (933 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before but The Walking Dead single handedly got me back into comics in the 2000's. I can't think of a zombie story that I've loved as much as that book and I sincerely doubt there ever will be. I like Invincible as well because its like Dragon Ball Z crossed with Ultimate Spider-Man. Saga is a fantastic book, I just wouldn't put it as my top Image series.

#33 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Top three are just what I predicted would be the case. Spot on Image, spot on!

#34 Posted by slapz88 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Image books are all amazing. I agree with Saga as of right now, such an amazing book. I think the greatest thing about this book is it's accessibility to non comic book readers... it's just a great story with great art that everyone can appreciate. I've gotten a few of my non comic book friends to start reading this and they now crave it month to month like the the rest of us Saga addicts to. Gotta get my fix now after talking about it.

#36 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

Went with east of west but saga good too

#37 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@thespideyguy said:

4% FOR SPAWN!?!?!?

Look at it this way, it came in seventh out of twenty three.

Ok.

#38 Edited by teacupblog (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Image are doing so well at the moment, I didn't know who to vote. I went for Saga in the end but I've got a lot of love for Fatale too. I also really enjoyed the first 2 issues of Lazarus, so I'm excited to see what comes next.

#39 Posted by _Marc_74 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga I couldn't get into

But East of west and ten grand are superb

I even wasted cash on variants for e of w

#40 Posted by nappystr8 (1108 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't realize this poll was going on, but then again, obviously Saga didn't need my help to win anyway. So glad it's back.

#41 Posted by butters911 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man I missed this pole. i would have voted for Morning Glories. Not that it would have made a difference in the percentages.

#42 Posted by crashlaunching (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Missed this! Saga would have taken my vote, too--amazing art, solid writing, surprises, characters and a world I want to learn lots more about... haven't been disappointed with an issue. But Image also has a bunch of my other favorites. Chew is clever and creative and original and cool, and I'm always psyched to read it. The Manhattan Projects is likewise extremely engaging, funny, and creepy. And I have to admit, I read The Walking Dead, too--like someone above said, it got me back into comics.

#43 Posted by heavyone (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Rising Stars and Midnight Nation were Favorites of Mine!

#45 Posted by Provehito (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to know East of West led the minority at least. Awesome series.

#46 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading the Walking Dead from the beginning and don't get me wrong it has been amazing... but Saga has completely blown my mind. So freaking good.

#47 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

I only see the old classic series as image series. The new series are much more just a creator owned stories (the old ones where too but the characters jumped between issues and stories). So basically there isn't any images titles but only titles owned by the creators therefore I think talking about a image title is a pseudo thrush. It is not like a DC or Marvel title. The sooner people relize this the better it will be for the comic industry and the creators. The creators is the one who needs to be awarded not image.

@infamous_wolf said:

@thespideyguy said:

4% FOR SPAWN!?!?!?

Yeah like WTF!!!!!

Really 2% for Ten grand and Luther Strode. 4% for Spawn (smh)

Yeah I'm impressed it got that many votes as well.

Spawn needs to do some type of reboot.

It did like five years ago.

#49 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6929 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Clone, Saga is great but overrated IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.