Comic Book Question of the Week: Favorite Image Expo New Announcement

Posted by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

Image Expo has come and gone, and now we're left with plenty to look forward to. Quite a few brand new creator-owned projects were announced at the event and, needless to say, it's looking like it'll be a promising year for the publisher. Many big names took the stage and there's a lot of titles we're going to check out, but this week, we want to hear which upcoming series has you truly pumped. Sure, there's more than a handful that'll likely catch your focus, but we want to know what's currently holding the top spot for you.

CLICK HERE TO TELEPORT TO THE POLL AND VOTE!!!

Comic Vine was at Image Expo and interviewed plenty of the writers. Before casting your vote, watch the videos to get more info on some of the new titles.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. What exactly is it about the title that makes you so anxious to read it? If your post is awesome enough and about the poll's winning option, we just may highlight it in the updated feature. Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

Staff
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33486 posts) - - Show Bio

SO much amazing stuff at Image these days

#2 Posted by Perfect 10 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

the only one i know of is wicked and divine and am super excited for this book

#3 Edited by longbowhunter (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

Wytches has me foaming at the mouth. I'm also pumped for Low and the Fade Out.

#4 Edited by fables87 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

the only one i know of is wicked and divine and am super excited for this book

I like the cover to that one that this is showing. What's it about?

#5 Posted by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87: it's a super original idea by the creator of Fables!

He just replaced the fairy tales by gods

#6 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33486 posts) - - Show Bio

@nahuel said:

@fables87: it's a super original idea by the creator of Fables!

He just replaced the fairy tales by gods

No it's not. It's a comic by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie

#7 Posted by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: oops, my bad! You're right, man... Anyway, it's my least option into the new Image stuff

#8 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

G.O.W.L I think is the most interesting book.

#9 Posted by TheUnN4med (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Pff, I want all of them!!

#10 Posted by Perfect 10 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87: about 12 gods that are reborn every 90 years and in the time they are reborn in the book they will become super heroes. there is a mysterious 13th god behind the scenes as the villain. since the greek pantheon has 12 members i assume its them but it could a collection of dieties from around the world, they havent given that detail out yet. but gillen is two for two so far and the subject matter is what i love so definitely high expectations. plus there's a sister on the cover lol dont see that often especially from image so what what

#11 Posted by Mucklefluga (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Gregg I thought we agreed on: "Why were no Batman books announced at Image Expo?" !!!

#12 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, Image... I guess I'm not cutting down my pull list.

#13 Posted by fables87 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87: about 12 gods that are reborn every 90 years and in the time they are reborn in the book they will become super heroes. there is a mysterious 13th god behind the scenes as the villain. since the greek pantheon has 12 members i assume its them but it could a collection of dieties from around the world, they havent given that detail out yet. but gillen is two for two so far and the subject matter is what i love so definitely high expectations. plus there's a sister on the cover lol dont see that often especially from image so what what

WANT! Seriously Image just take my money now.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6935 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN YOU IMAGE... STOP PUTTING OUT GOOD LOOKING BOOKS TOO OFTEN!!!! Gonna be broke...

#15 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez Louise there is something good in almost all of those. But since I'm not made of money, I'm going with Low, Wytches and Nameless, but the one I'm most excited for is the Fade Out.

#16 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

What comic is in the upper left corner?

#17 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

Wytches.

#18 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 a book by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham, although I cannot remember the name.

#19 Edited by Archfiend20xx (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously want to buy all these books except maybe HowToons. But, with all the great books already out by Image, I can't unless I either start reading Image exclusively or win the lottery. Well, not quite "lottery-winner expensive"... but you get the idea.

Anyway, I went with Wytches. A huge shocker in terms of creator no one expected and the idea of these dark, primal creatures that Scott Snyder talks about sounds absolutely amazing. And Jock just sounds like the perfect artist for this book.

#20 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (852 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy to see Wytches leading since it's the book I'm most looking forward to. It'll be the first Image book I buy and depending on how it goes I might have to make room for more of their stuff.

#21 Posted by Loki2u (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I will pick up Wytches by Snyder as I enjoy most of his writing.

I am collecting the Wake at the moment but have not started to read it.....once I read that, I will have a more solid answer to how I feel this title might do.

#23 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n Why isn't the Invincible announcement on here? I know it's not a new series but he said there is going to be some major changes which I think should warrant one of the greatest comic books today a spot on the poll.

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n Why isn't the Invincible announcement on here? I know it's not a new series but he said there is going to be some major changes which I think should warrant one of the greatest comic books today a spot on the poll.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.