Follow

Illuminati

Team » Illuminati appears in 363 issues.

A clandestine organization composed of the world's most influential and important people that guides events in the Marvel Universe.

Should Bruce Banner join the Illuminati?

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cuddles666
    No Caption Provided

Think about it: As it stands now, Namor has the Power gem. This is the same guy who, with only 1/5th of the Phoenix Force (in more or less full control of his faculties) attacked Wakanda and killed tons of people. Think on that for a second. Sure, Namor is the king of Atlantis and he's done some good works, et cetera. But there's a fine line between being an "anti-hero" and being a terrorist. Namor's inability to keep it in his pants around attractive blondes (Invisible Woman, Emma Frost...who's to say it won't happen with Black Swan?) doesn't reflect well on his character either.

The Power gem is clearly in the wrong hands with Namor and who knows more about the danger and corruption of power than Robert Bruce Banner?

Like T'Challah, Banner is an outsider who can bring yet another new perspective to the group. Like Namor, he fills the niche of the anti-hero, but he does in a much more responsible fashion, after spending so many years outwitting General Ross and bearing the terrible burden of his own abilities at the same time. These experiences make him skeptical, not only of fellow scientists like Reed and Tony, but also monarchs like T'Challah and Black Bolt.

Yes, the Hulk smacked the Illuminati around back in WWH, but they obviously had it coming.

What do you think?

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cuddles666

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@cuddles666: No, definately not. He wouldn't bring anything to the team that they don't already have, and I don't think he's needed.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Paracelsus

I agree- the Hulk brings nothing to the table (as you Americans put it)-the scientific community is ALREADY represented by Reed "Mr Fantastic" Richards!

Terry

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

No.  That said, the Illuminati is a terribly executed idea. It's just a sexist club of egotists.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Veshark

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with what everyone else said here. The Illuminati is supposed to be a secret-society of Marvel's most powerful members from all corners of the superhuman community. Not 'powerful' as in sheer physical or mental power, but power in the sense of influence and standing. Three of them are kings of the planet's most advanced societies, two are the Avengers' most important leaders, one is the Sorcerer Supreme, and the final man is considered by most to be the planet's foremost thinker.

Hulk, for all his awesomeness, simply isn't that sort of character. He's just not held in the same regard as the rest of them. It's also for the same reason that I consider Cap ill-fitted to the group. He's my third favorite superhero, but he's a soldier and a field leader - not a ruler or thinker like the rest of the Illuminati. Also, the science part of the Marvel Universe is already represented, and so adding in Bruce Banner would feel redundant.

And yeah, Namor did destroy Wakanda in AvX, but the Illuminati deals with matters larger than that. They have to put aside their own differences in the service of the entire world. It's like Black Panther tells Namor in New Avengers #2: "When my wants have replaced my needs...I'm going to kill you."

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cuddles666

@Veshark: Fair enough. Is it too much to hold out hope for the return of Nazi Reed?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@cuddles666 said:

No Caption Provided

Think about it: As it stands now, Namor has the Power gem. This is the same guy who, with only 1/5th of the Phoenix Force (in more or less full control of his faculties) attacked Wakanda and killed tons of people. Think on that for a second. Sure, Namor is the king of Atlantis and he's done some good works, et cetera. But there's a fine line between being an "anti-hero" and being a terrorist. Namor's inability to keep it in his pants around attractive blondes (Invisible Woman, Emma Frost...who's to say it won't happen with Black Swan?) doesn't reflect well on his character either.

The Power gem is clearly in the wrong hands with Namor and who knows more about the danger and corruption of power than Robert Bruce Banner?

Like T'Challah, Banner is an outsider who can bring yet another new perspective to the group. Like Namor, he fills the niche of the anti-hero, but he does in a much more responsible fashion, after spending so many years outwitting General Ross and bearing the terrible burden of his own abilities at the same time. These experiences make him skeptical, not only of fellow scientists like Reed and Tony, but also monarchs like T'Challah and Black Bolt.

Yes, the Hulk smacked the Illuminati around back in WWH, but they obviously had it coming.

What do you think?

Join the people that sent him off the planet, well most of them. I can't seem to grasp that thought!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kid Apollo

nope, 616 banner is a small, weak, petty man

if it were a benevolent Hulk or an altruistic Banner then maybe

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Every member of the Illuminati brings something to the team Beast represents the mutant community like Xavier once did. Black Bolt the Inhumans and so on. But Bruce would really be in the same group as Tony and Mr. Fantastic so he wouldn't really be adding much more diversity to the group.

Avatar image for elderilluminati
    Elderilluminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are you tired of poverty or you want to live a life to be famous and rich?

you have nothing to worry about cause we the illuminati are here to make

your dream comes true.i am a full member of the illuminati, i have been a

victim of scam through many people who claim that they can help me to

become rich and famous but non of them could help they only rip off my

little saves money until i found Mr Benson who show me the right way to

follow, Mr Benson and his crew help me to become rich and join their group

successfully without scamming me, i will advise you all that have the

interest of becoming illuminati this group is stress-free and they help you

achieve your dreams. please do not contact anyone else to help you apart

from our direct and right source to avoid scamming. here is our email: illuminatifamousmembership@gmail.com YOU CAN CONTACT US IF YOU ARE INTERESTING IN JOINING!!! YOU CAN ALSO CALL US ON:+2349024299086?

zemu6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, Hulk/Banner certainly is a member of that group now..so..yeah.

robinmantins2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you a pastor,politician, business man or woman, musician or an artist, do you want to be famous, rich and powerful, is better you become a member of the Illuminati and make our dream come through, this is the chance for you now to become a member of the temple and get what you seek from us, if you are ready to become a member And realize your dream then email us now or you call us through this contact: +2348178793286 illuminatitempleagent666@gmail.com

BrainGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW I BECOME PROTECTED AND SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

I am giving testimony, on how i become successful in life, I want to say a big thanks to the illuminati brotherhood, that make me what i am today, hails to the illuminati brother, i was deeply strangled up by poverty, because i have know one to help me achieve my goal in life, i have worked so hard to make it in life, i have done so many things in life, just to make it and live a happy life with my family, and also i search for help from different corners but to no available, i was so ashamed of myself because i see things getting bad everyday, i do not know what to do next i was just thinking about my life, i see people around me getting rich but to me, i get poor everyday of my life, i start to think of what to do next just to get rich and live a good life, one day i think of going for research in google, and i say how many people giving testimony on how church of devil illuminati helped then to get rich and famous, so i think of joining the church of devil illuminati so that i can also get rich and be famous in life, because i was tired of been poor people around me see me as nobody, no one do respect me because i was poor, so i make up my mind and decide to join the church of devil illuminati, to my own believe i see my life changed for good, i am so proud of myself, i am a great man today, well know in the world, rich, famous, i want to tell the whole world today that the illuminati brotherhood can also change your life, if you have the same problem i was having in life, so if you are also interested to join the illuminati, you are free to join, if you live in America it is free to join the illuminati brotherhood, you have to email: churchofdevilinitiationcentre@gmail.com call or text +12545227022 join the illuminati brotherhood and see changes in your life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.