Follow

Illuminati

Team » Illuminati appears in 363 issues.

A clandestine organization composed of the world's most influential and important people that guides events in the Marvel Universe.

Massive Repercussions to come for the Illuminati?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

After the events of New Avengers with Captain America and Iron Man's visitor from the future in Avengers #24 it seems like major repercussions are coming for Stark and the rest of the Illuminati. How do you feel about their actions? Was mind wiping Cap the best solution? It's a dynamic like this that has me really enjoying what Hickman is doing with the Avengers these days.

Would anyone compare it to the severity of Zatanna mind wiping Dr. Light? We all saw what happened as a result of that.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@jake_fury: I really enjoy it too.They personal feel that they are doing right thing but at a price like destroying different earths and as for the Captain America part they knew that he was going to be problem from the start.I would not compare it to what Zatanna did to Dr.Light but that is just me.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I most definitely think the outcome is going to be something similar to Dr. Light wipe. Cap is going to be pissed when he finds out this happened and the rest of the heroes are going to lose trust in members of the illuminati. I dare say this will either cause an event or be the fall out from one. I don't think Cap will go all Batman and create a Brother Eye but something good and interesting is definitely bound to happen. I wonder if this could be something of a Civil War part 2?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

i mean they did murder billions... but at the same time they saved a googleplex of souls by stopping two whole universes from dying over and over. I think it was like 8 earths or something?

The ends really did justify the means, and if Cap or anyone tries to arrest them or kill them and stop them then they just murdered everyone in the universe as well as everyone in an alternate universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I most definitely think the outcome is going to be something similar to Dr. Light wipe. Cap is going to be pissed when he finds out this happened and the rest of the heroes are going to lose trust in members of the illuminati. I dare say this will either cause an event or be the fall out from one. I don't think Cap will go all Batman and create a Brother Eye but something good and interesting is definitely bound to happen. I wonder if this could be something of a Civil War part 2?

I almost titled the thread Civil War II. I was thinking the exact same thing.

@teerack said:

i mean they did murder billions... but at the same time they saved a googleplex of souls by stopping two whole universes from dying over and over. I think it was like 8 earths or something?

The ends really did justify the means, and if Cap or anyone tries to arrest them or kill them and stop them then they just murdered everyone in the universe as well as everyone in an alternate universe.

It really is a moral dilemma for everyone involved. On one had the ends justify the means but I'm sure we'll have both sides to the story.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Illuminati always make morally grey decisions and could be right or wrong depending on perspective

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@arturocalakayvee said:

I almost titled the thread Civil War II. I was thinking the exact same thing.

@teerack said:

It really is a moral dilemma for everyone involved. On one had the ends justify the means but I'm sure we'll have both sides to the story.

I get that it's not right to kill billions but if they didn't kill the other earths what would the alternative be? Everyone dying on the other earth anyway with the addition of every being inside of two whole universes?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

There is almost no right or wrong in this sort of thing

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is why I hate the idea of Marvel having an "Illuminati" made of supposed heroes.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skypilotbinky: lmfao!! Wait wait who told you that Marvel was a world with actual "Heroes" They have heroes but not many. Marvel consit of heroic like people but not exactly "Heroes"...This isn't DC, you wanna read about Heroes read DC lol...

Illuminati made the best choices within their power given the Grand circumstances of all life/Their Universe/all existence eventually being erased...

After Dr.Strange fell from grace they all couldn't do it anymore which is BS to me, to should be ready to give it all up to save everything.

But evidently when the World is told about the incursions they give up Wakanda and allow Thanos & company to save everything that exist...Pssh Cap America is just mad he got mind wiped and kicked out...

It's pains me as an American to see the same synonymous arrogant I'm the grand authority and police of the world & I know better attitude of Cap.America & American Governemnt

mi13unionj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking back on it, the greater good wasn't worth being saved. What a mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.