Follow

Ignition

Character » Ignition appears in 24 issues.

Ignition's origins are unknown. He made his first appearance in the story arc Emperor Joker where Joker states he cannot remember creating him. He would later work for General Zod. His current whereabouts are currently unknown.

First Appearance of Ignition

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Grey56

Throwing this out there as I've been considering getting whatever issue it is graded by CGC - can anyone say for certain which issue is his first appearance ? I had always thought it was Action # 769 however I'm unsure. Any help would be great.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

I think he appeared first in Adventures of Superman #582.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grey56

@SmashBrawler:Hrn, I'll double check it - I may even have that issue. Thank you, sir !

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Grey56: No problem. I believe he's in the Watchtower with the rest of the Joker League of Anarchy.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grey56

@SmashBrawler: Is he really, even after the N52 ?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Grey56: Nah, I'm pretty sure they erased all of Superman's Pre-52 continuity. Except (maybe) for his death, but the circumstances behind it are unknown.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grey56

@SmashBrawler:Ahhh okay. I gotta admit - I have always wanted them to revisit Ingintion and if he in fact is still being held there - that'd be an awesome story if done the right way. Imagine; "Joker's League of Anarchy silently awaiting some sweet revenge - only to be sprung from super prison by _____ (insert dramatic plot) "

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Grey56: Oh, no. I meant that he's in the Watchtower in Adventures #582, not that he was there last time, sorry. I think a Imperiex probe killed him during Our Worlds at War or something, I'm not entirely sure.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grey56

@SmashBrawler: Oh gosh, did he really die ? That would seriously disappoint me on a Wednesday. Hm - maybe I'll have to write a letter pleading his return then.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Grey56: Nope, sorry. I thought he died in OWaW because I remember that an Imperiex probe punched his head off or something but I looked it up and he didn't die, only disappeared into oblivion when writers stopped using him. In fact, I don't think they ever explained who or what Ignition was supposed to be.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grey56

@SmashBrawler: That definitely makes me feel better - I'll have to see if I can get my hands on that trade you mentioned. You're right though about his origin/person being rather mysterious - I have been hoping they'd revisit it for a loooong time now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.