Turtles,Ghostbusters,Lovecraft,Star Trek/Legion Of Super-Heroes..

#1 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats to on the award winning IDW, home of 30 Days Of Night on selling out
of their first print of TMNT #1 in just one week!
The second printing will feature a new cover variant by Kevin Eastman.
The later issues of the series will continue to unravel the revamped Turtles
origin and feature covers by Dan Duncan, Kevin Eastman and special guest
Fred Hembeck, including a Hembeck variant for #2 that spoofs a classic Daredevil
cover.

In addition to the new ongoing, IDW will continue reprinting the original black and
white epics from by Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird for those that missed out on the classic ground 
breaking indy or thems who just want to be there again.

Lastly in Turtles news IDW will also publish new individual Turtle 1-shots in addition
to the main ongoing, much in the tradition of the original series. The first to come out
will be Rapheal by Brian Lynch and Franco Urru. (props to Brain Lynch from over at the
IDW forums for the heads-up)

---
Ghostbusters, Star Trek and 30 Days of Night all see new ongoings.

Ghostbusters picks up after the events of Infestation which see's the city over-run by
ghosts giving the squad plenty of work to do. Ghostbusters issue #1 features a variant
cover in which the buyer can have THEMSELVES on the cover as a Ghostbuster! 
IDW will also be releasing TPB's of it's prior Ghostbusters series Displaced Aggression
The Other Side and Haunted Holidays, the latter collecting all of the IDW holiday 1-shots.

The new 30 Days Of Night ongoing is helmed by series creator Steve Niles returning to the series, and features 
the art of The Maxx legend Sam Kieth. Alongside this will be an omnibus collecting the original trilogy by Steve Niles 
and Ben Templesmith. As well a TPB of 30 Days Of Night: Night Again by Joe R. Lansdale and Sam Keith will be issued.

Star Trek launches as an ongoing that follows the new continuity established in the
2009 live-action film which will be seeing a sequel in 2012. To further celebrate the
Star Trek+IDW union, IDW will be a Star Trek 2009 movie boxset featuring three related
TPB's and an official movie adaption, and a 100 page spectacular containing four stories
and gracing the work of John Byrne, Scott & David Tipton, Stuart Moore, David Messina
Federica Manfredi, Mike Hawthorne and Joe Corroney.

Lastly in Trekkie news, the cross-over that no one expected Star Trek/ Legion Of Super-Heroes
is a mini featuring the meeting between DC's classic characters of the future and the crew of the Enterprise.

----
H.P. Lovecraft gets a collected volume of  "Herbert West--Reanimator," "The Unnamable," "The Colour Out of Space," "The Dunwich Horror," "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," 
"The Dreams of the Witch House," The Thing on the Doorstep," and "The Shadow Out of Time." In addition The Dunwich Horror mini continues to hit the press.

----
The Rocketeer returns to IDW. Rocketeer Adventures is an anthology of Dave Stevens classic  creation featuring the talents of Mike Allred, John Arcudi, Kurt Busiek, John Cassady, Darwyn Cooke, Lowell Francis, Dave Gibbons, Joe R. Lansdale, Joe Pruett, Jonathan Ross, Ryan Sook, Mark Waid, Mike Allred, John Cassady, Darwyn Cooke, Tommy Lee Edwards, Gene Ha, Scott Hampton, Tony Harris, Michael Kaluta, Brendan McCarthy, Ryan Sook, Bruce Timm, Chris Weston and Alex Ross
IDW also blasts off it's Rocketeer-fest with The Rocketeer Jetpack Treasury Edition, a 64-page treasury of the work of Dave Stevens.

----
As well as the above, IDW will continue to provide the adventures in the worlds of
Transformers and G.I. JOE, HBO’s True Blood; Doctor Who; Godzilla, Duke Nukem, Dungeons & Dragons, Crysis, Anne Rices Servant Of The Bones, Locke & Key, Dead Rising, Jurrasic Park, Jack Avarice IS The Courier, Infestation, John Byrne's Next Men and Cold War, Hawken, Monocyte, The Cape, Eternal Descent, Ben Templesmith's Wormwood, and Alan Robert's Crawl To Me, and will gift readers with lots of great collections such as Joss Whedon's Angel,  Danger Girl by Andy Hartnell and J. Scott Campbell, Humpty Dumpty by Billy Majestic based off his upcoming horror movie of the same name, Ghosts of D’Airain and The Art of Metal Gear Solid illustrated by Ashley Wood, Alex Raymond's Flash Gordan and Jungle Jim, Suicide Girls, Love and Capes, The Monstrous Collection of Steve Niles and Bernie Wrightson compiling Dead She Said; The Ghoul, and Doc Macabre, The Pound, The Keep, Grim Fairytales, CSI, Deadworld, The IDW Zomnibus collecting Everybody’s Dead, The Last Resort and We Will Bury You, Archie: Best of Samm Schwartz, Bob Powell's Terror, Wally Wood's EC Comics Collection, Sir Authur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, Zombies Vs. Robots, Robert Bloch's That Hellbound Train, Kill Shakespeare, Dan Thompson's Rip Haywire, James Patterson's Witch & Wizard, Enrique Sanchez Abuli's and Jordi Bernet's Torperdo, Chuck Jones: The Dream that Never Was featuring the masters previously unreleased work Crawford, J.M. DeMatteis and Glenn Barr's Brooklyn Dreams, Mark Twain's UNCENSORED The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Felix the Cat, Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson’s X-9 Secret Agent Corrigan, Richard Comely and George Freeman's Captain Canuck, Sparrow, The Art Of Joe Jusko, Lora Innes's The Dreamer, Capt Dale Dye's Codename: Geronimo, Berkeley Breathed's Bloom County, Mike Grell's Shaman’s Tears, Chester Gould's Dick Tracy and much more, IDW continues to swell and deliver to the recently spotlighted company readers have grown to expect, and then some. If your bored with the same old and looking for a little shake-up in your pull list, IDW is a great place to start.

- CATPANEXE is not affiliated with IDW,  just knows the good stuff when seen, and likes to share! ^_^
#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O

I want the Lovecraft Library thing.

I must have it.

#3 Posted by IrishX (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: I know you briefly mentioned G.I. Joe but I just want to expand on that a little and say that IDW is doing great things with them. There are four ongoings, G.I. Joe A Real American Hero (which continues where the original series left off), along with G.I. Joe, Cobra, and Snake-Eyes which are all involved in a big event called Cobra Civil War. If you've ever been a fan of G.I. Joe now is a great time to be reading their comics.

Also, I got issue #1 of the TMNT for my daughter and it was pretty good.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.
BB

#5 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Star trek and the legion of superheros? Cool! I'll look into to that! I what to see this meeting of the minds between brainy and Spock! That would be so cool! (if done right, mind you!) Its like a fan-fic writer's dream come true...

@Icarusflies said:

O_O

I want the Lovecraft Library thing.

I must have it.

You know when I saw that I wondered if you had seen that...
#6 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

great big pile of win there.

#7 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5451 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a big fan of LoSH or ST, but want that book.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I'm excited now!!!!!

#9 Posted by IronHerc (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja turtles is doing great, love how it's retelling their origin and probably will get infestation 2 as the old ones invade my favorite franchises (well some of them)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.