Follow

IDW Publishing

Publisher »

IDW Publishing (Idea Design Works, LLC) is a comic book publisher known for Steve Niles’ horror title 30 Days of Night. It has grown to include both original series as well as licensed property.

IDW Publishing Zombie comic mega crossover

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ironshadow

A first in comic book history, IDW Publishing is proud to announce Infestation. Starting in January 2011, Infestation will infect Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Transformers and G.I. Joe comics with zombies, zombies, and more zombies.     
     Setting the stage for this massive event, Abnett and Lanning will pen INFESTATION #1, launching in January 2011. This initial 32-page story begins in IDW’s own ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS universe, where something goes terribly wrong and ultimately infests the worlds of TRANSFORMERS,STAR TREK, G.I. JOE and GHOSTBUSTERS with zombies and infected robots. From there, the story spins ferociously into each of the four properties throughout February and March, and culminates in April’s bombastic finale, INFESTATION #2. 
     In February, TRANSFORMERS: INFESTATION #1-2 and STAR TREK: INFESTATION #1-2 will ship bi-weekly. The TRANSFORMERS title will also be written by Abnett and Lanning, with fan-favorite Nick Roche handling the art. STAR TREK will be written by mainstay writers Scott and David Tipton and illustrated by Casey Maloney (Zipper). 
     March will see the release of the bi-weekly G.I. JOE: INFESTATION #1-2 by writer Mike Raicht and artist Giovanni Timpano, as well as GHOSTBUSTERS: INFESTATION by Erik Burnham (THE A-TEAM: WAR STORIES) and Kyle Hotz (Marvel Zombies). 
     Artist John K. Snyder III (PHOENIX WITHOUT ASHES) will provide covers for the two INFESTATION issues, as well as 1950s sci-fi film-inspired images for each of the four involved series. 
    To further commemorate this “decade in the making” event, IDW will be releasing special incentive patches with every issue. Each embroidered, sew-on patch will feature “infected” logos of the four titles. Additional incentives include a painted cover by ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS co-creator Ashley Wood for INFESTATION #1, as well as a special 16-page sketchbook featuring zombified versions of the perennially popular characters from these four universes, as illustrated by artists associated with each property. 
     The entire event will make its presence felt on the cover of the January Previews catalog, showcasing a special INFESTATION “quadrtych” image of Snake Eyes, Mr. Spock, OPTIMUS PRIME, and Dr. Peter Venkman under attack from a zombie by LOCKE & KEY artist Gabriel Rodriguez. 
     “We’ve found a way to involve all of these diverse titles in a massive storyline that has ties all the way back to the early days of IDW,” continued Ryall. “I think fans will be amazed by what we’ve pulled together here, as well as the stories that will come out of this once-in-my-lifetime event.” 
     Infestation Schedule: 
    •INFESTATION #1 ($3.99, 40 pages, full color) will be available in stores on January 19, 2011. 
    •TRANSFORMERS: INFESTATION #1 and #2 will be in stores on February 2 and 16, 2011, respectively. 
    •STAR TREK: INFESTATION #1 and #2 will be in stores on February 9 and 23, 2011, respectively. 
    •G.I. JOE: INFESTATION #1 and 2 will be in stores on March 2 and 16, 2011, respectively. 
    •GHOSTBUSTERS: INFESTATION #1 and 2 will be in stores on March 9 and 23, 2011, respectively.  
    •INFESTATION #2 will be available in stores on April 6, 2011.     

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

this does look like a cool idea

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786

I can't believe I didn't hear about this until today. I think it sounds really awesome. I can't wait for it to come out in January. I'm mainly interested in seeing the Transformers issues. A Transformers/zombies story sounds awesome. Adding in GI Joe, Ghostbusters, and Star Trek makes it epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.