Follow

Icon

Character » Icon appears in 106 issues.

Icon is the superhero persona of Arnus aka Augustus Freeman, and member of the Terminan alien race. He crash-landed on Earth in the American South in 1839; Raised as a slave, but escaped through the Underground Railroad. Following a series of events, Augustus decides to become a Superhero, and eventually joins the Justice League, after being drafted by Superman.

Needs a new costume

Taliax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Taliax

He should have a cool looking alien costume, instead he looks like Robin (batman) mixed with Robin Hood in red and green tights.

Avatar image for augustus_freeman_vi
    Augustus Freeman VI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree with you. I've always liked him as a character and how he was written I just always had a problem with his costume and the artwork of his books. If you look at my avatar I think this guy from deviant art mase0ne http://mase0ne.deviantart.com/art/Milestone-s-Icon-Redesign-126055846?offset=10 did a a cool redesign of him. 

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Peerless1

@Augustus Freeman VI: I am in total agreement about the costume. For such a stellar black character. He should definitely have a bit more style (swag even) than this. The colors alone. <puke>

SuperDoahBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be down for a redesign of Icon especially if it's part of reintroducing him, but that doesn't mean I hate his current costume. I really liked the design of the cape cause it felt original to me, and I also really like the gold bands and the design of his gloves and boots.

Shn275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the design they used on Young Justice:

Keep the color scheme, crossed-ring and large cape from the comics, gloves, &amp; boot design (also from the comics).

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Oscuro

Even though this is an old topic, it's true. I want to do some reading on the character. The color scheme seems kind of generic and the design is just too over the top and silly looking. The young justice design looks much better but still kind of plain.

Timewalker52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I think would look good. We have a black base over everything except his head and his finger tips. (Finger tips are red) Next we have a red, armor like, breast plate with no neck or sleeves. We keep the gold ring in the middle. Tied to it on the top is the large green cape. It is also tied to the bottom instead of two black stripes. Then on his arms are two green gauntlets, with no palms or back of the hand. (Those are the black base, as is the area between the breast plate and the gauntlets.) Red armor for his pants and his boots are green. They're armor but made for combat. Now I too am having an Icon problem. I started a forum for it. It's called "How could Question beat Icon" I'm a writer and I wrote myself into a corner.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.