Icon Respect Thread

#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see that the character is back. I thought he was a unique twist on Superman. I hope they do him justice and and not have him as a background character. I know the current writter of the Justice League (McDuffie) and Icon creator won't let that happen anytime soon.

Icon:
Flight, invulnerability, massive superhuman-strength, super-speed, reflexes, and stamina. Enhance mental perception and senses, regenerative-healing factor, longevity, ability to generate and project positron energy.

#2 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

im glad to see icon back as well

#3 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see him in action in the upcoming series. Hope it earns him his own book,.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO....

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"LMFAO...."

Why?
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Icon is funny to me.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others.
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others."
This is a respect thread so i'm going to leave it at LMFAO.
Moderator Online
#9 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others."
This is a respect thread so i'm going to leave it at LMFAO."

Ok, but I don't mind. I like to know what people think of him.

By the By. Who is that as your icon? Look familar.
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others."
This is a respect thread so i'm going to leave it at LMFAO."

Ok, but I don't mind. I like to know what people think of him.

By the By. Who is that as your icon? Look familar."
Lyndall Jarvis is the girl in my Icon.
I don't like Icon..he's boring to me and he seems like a sad attempt at a black Superman
Moderator Online
#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others."
This is a respect thread so i'm going to leave it at LMFAO."

Ok, but I don't mind. I like to know what people think of him.

By the By. Who is that as your icon? Look familar."
Lyndall Jarvis is the girl in my Icon.
I don't like Icon..he's boring to me and he seems like a sad attempt at a black Superman
"
But u have to admit, it was a cool way to have one and still have the alein aspect of Superman. To have a alien to crash land  and then assume the appearance of the first person it sees and for it to be a slave. Better than Marvel's attempt with Sentry.
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others."
This is a respect thread so i'm going to leave it at LMFAO."

Ok, but I don't mind. I like to know what people think of him.

By the By. Who is that as your icon? Look familar."
Lyndall Jarvis is the girl in my Icon.
I don't like Icon..he's boring to me and he seems like a sad attempt at a black Superman
"
But u have to admit, it was a cool way to have one and still have the alein aspect of Superman. To have a alien to crash land  and then assume the appearance of the first person it sees and for it to be a slave. Better than Marvel's attempt with Sentry."
The Sentry IMO is a far better character.He doesn't have all of Superman's powers like Hyperion and Gladiator and he's a schizophrenic.I think it's interesting that his whole storyline revolves around what he thinks or what he feels rather than what's acutally happeening.I like how he created the Void to be his archenemy and he ended up losing control of him.He's basically the greatest hero who everybody forgot.
Moderator Online
#13 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Icon is funny to me."

Why? I thought he is a good flip on Superman. More original than the others."
This is a respect thread so i'm going to leave it at LMFAO."

Ok, but I don't mind. I like to know what people think of him.

By the By. Who is that as your icon? Look familar."
Lyndall Jarvis is the girl in my Icon.
I don't like Icon..he's boring to me and he seems like a sad attempt at a black Superman
"
But u have to admit, it was a cool way to have one and still have the alein aspect of Superman. To have a alien to crash land  and then assume the appearance of the first person it sees and for it to be a slave. Better than Marvel's attempt with Sentry."
The Sentry IMO is a far better character.He doesn't have all of Superman's powers like Hyperion and Gladiator and he's a schizophrenic.I think it's interesting that his whole storyline revolves around what he thinks or what he feels rather than what's acutally happeening.I like how he created the Void to be his archenemy and he ended up losing control of him.He's basically the greatest hero who everybody forgot."
I do like him. Most don't though and I don't get that.
#14 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

But I like all of the Superman clones, since I'm a big fan of Superman.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"

But I like all of the Superman clones, since I'm a big fan of Superman.

"
Besides the Sentry and Majestic..I don't really like any of the other ones.icon has a cool storyline but the art in his comics is terrible.Makes it very hard to read..and he looks ridiculous in that costume.
Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"

But I like all of the Superman clones, since I'm a big fan of Superman.

"
Besides the Sentry and Majestic..I don't really like any of the other ones.icon has a cool storyline but the art in his comics is terrible.Makes it very hard to read..and he looks ridiculous in that costume."
Ok, u got me there. That custome is very bad and so was the art. But Ed Benes will be doing him next.
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"

But I like all of the Superman clones, since I'm a big fan of Superman.

"
Besides the Sentry and Majestic..I don't really like any of the other ones.icon has a cool storyline but the art in his comics is terrible.Makes it very hard to read..and he looks ridiculous in that costume."
Ok, u got me there. That custome is very bad and so was the art. But Ed Benes will be doing him next."
I think Benes can do him some justice...he is a fairly good artist...but he does his best work on female characters.
Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the guy ;-)

#19 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: 1. the series mostly focusses on Rocket. 2. he only has 1 or 2 of Superman's powers. He also has different powers. He is not the black Superman he is an Icon in comics.
#20 Posted by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Prime said:
"I like the guy ;-) "
             Cuz he's the black Superman.
#21 Posted by krisboyz781 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone got scans

#22 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
"@Chaos Prime said:
"I like the guy ;-) "
             Cuz he's the black Superman. "

I never veiwed Icon as a "Black Superman", if that's the case every alien being that lands on earth with superhuman strength and nigh invulnarability can be called a superman clone.  The only way the Sentry get's away with it is because his back story differs making him an earth born being with artificial super powers.  All and all his abilities are ment to be an exaggeration of the arch-type cape wearing superhero IE superman.  His other powers are an obvious perversion to show a difference between the two, no different from Icon so I don't see how he's so much better than Icon aside from the bad drawing and uninteresting storyline...I like icon though, I put him closer to Majestic than superman. In fact the only common things Icon and superman share is an alien lineage that ends up on earth, but there are like 100 of those in the DC Universe.  Icon is a aiight take on a black hero and I have seen more entertaining black hero's, but he's not a superman rip off...his cotume does suck though....
#23 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Icon sucks

#24 Posted by Mr. Hellfire (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently picked up the trade. It was a great series. Way ahead of it's time.
#25 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not my Favorite Milestone creation, but he has he's some redeemable qualities. I mean, at least he was better than Dog from Blood Syndicate(even though in his defense, Dog was better written).
#26 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

Much respect Icon one my favorite characters

#27 Posted by Customizer (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed.
 
The claims of "Black Superman" are silly.
Is quicksilver the "other white Flash" because he has super speed? Are all characters with a similar power sets clones of the first character with that power set?
Of course not. Silly fanboys are silly.

#28 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

Icon fan right here

#29 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

MORE ICON!!!

#30 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

far better than cyborg

#31 Edited by micahparadise (490 posts) - - Show Bio

Who in DC can we write to as fans to see Icon written into the New 52? (And with a New Costume!) He has so much potential and with his power set according to his comicvine page (http://www.comicvine.com/icon/4005-47395/) , i see him more of a powerful hero liken to Martian Manhunter than Superman. His profile states he is a powerful telepath able to scan the minds of an entire planet, and he possesses telekinesis, phasing ability and invisibility.

#32 Posted by micahparadise (490 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Comicvine may have been incorrect with Icon's power profile. I made a battle forum with Icon vs Martian Manhunter and it was brought to my attention that the Vine's stats are wrong.

#33 Posted by Black_Claw (2971 posts) - - Show Bio

In a panel last year, Somebody at DC said that they have plans for some Milestone characters. Lets hope they do something with Icon!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.