Follow

Icon

Character » Icon appears in 106 issues.

Icon is the superhero persona of Arnus aka Augustus Freeman, and member of the Terminan alien race. He crash-landed on Earth in the American South in 1839; Raised as a slave, but escaped through the Underground Railroad. Following a series of events, Augustus decides to become a Superhero, and eventually joins the Justice League, after being drafted by Superman.

can someone fix his bio

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the powers part of his bio has way more powers than he actually does and "stronger than superman" "faster than flash" come on now...

Shn275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree. Strength-wise, he is on par with Superman, but nowhere near as fast as Flash. Plus, all of the telekinetic abilities are definitely new to me. I haven't read every issue, but in the one's I did he showed NO sign of any telekinetic powers.

Also, whoever thought the Termian race were in any shape or form similar to Kryptonians is full of it. Icon, a Termian, gets his enhanced superhuman abilities from his lifepod that augmented his physiology combining the attributes of both Human & Termian races, greatly enhancing both. His powers DO NOT COME FROM A YELLOW SUN.

That being said, his powers are clearly on Superman's level seeing as how each encounter has ended in a stalemate. Icon's Concussion Beam knocked Superman out for a few seconds, but Superman's Heat Vision forced Icon to retreat momentarily. Neither one was able to inflict serious damage to the other.

SuperDoahBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agreed, some other things that kinda bothered me is the origin section too. (I'll admit I just may be nitpicking)

'In the Dakotaverse, an alien craft had malfunctioned and fired an escape pod towards Earth containing a baby named Arnus.'

If I'm not mistaken, he wasn't turned into a baby until after his ship landed and reconstructed his DNA.

'Arnus grew up working with Miriam but discovered in adulthood that he had stopped aging and had superpowers.'

He actually discovered his superpowers while he was still a slave and used his abilities to secretly lighten the load for other slaves and help with the Underground Railroad. Slavery was abolished when he was 15.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.