Follow

Ichigo Kurosaki

Character » Ichigo Kurosaki appears in 507 issues.

Ichigo Kurosaki is a human Substitute Soul Reaper for the Soul Society, who protects his friends and family above all else. Unlike most characters he really doesn't have an end goal. Ichigo will still protect everything he cares for even at the cost of his life and/or amazing powers. He was unsure of his powers and job but has come to embrace them as a part of himself and uses those powers for the greater good.

Why does everyone love "Bleach" so much?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Really? this isn't a blog or a hate thread. I'm not that keen on Anime to go on Animevice.com (those fanboys would tear me apart) 

just never understood, sure it has a great soundtrack (opening themes, background music) and the characters are great ,maybe best of all, it balances humor and action extremely well. 

I have always felt it sort of drags out. Particularly the Soul Society story, theres also way too many filler episodes. Note: I started watching Bleach in 06/07, around when it came out. So the dubs on Cartoon Netork never effected me (I know thats a problem for Anime fans sometimes) 

I mean thers a lot of Animes I find superior "Cowboy Bebop", "Darker Than Black", "Soul Eater".  

I' just saying Bleach is a highly rated, really popular Anime. I would just like to know why so many people think it's great.
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ARMIV

I don't know what everybody else's reasons are going to be, but mine is that...I don't know actually, but there's something about it I connect with.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ARMIV:
    Thats usually evryones answer "I don't know, I just like it". I'ts cool and all It's a good show. I just don't think it's as great as people make it out to be
    Omarpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Omarpool

Yeah same here. xD I love Bleach. I don't know why though. Must be Ichigo's hypnotic eyes...I mean Orihime's eyes!

Alternaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alternaut

People'll like what they like.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mekboy

I used to like it til Aizen became so ridiculous. Now i don't follow it anymore.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I've seen a little bit on youtube, not sure if its for me but i might give it a try sometime. More of a Guyver and Heat Guy J fan myself.

Avatar image for captain_solaris
    Captain Solaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Captain Solaris

For me it was the mystery of what Shinigami were. How an eclectic group of people deveolped a strong bond and friendship. Then girl gets kidnapped, boy (with friends) save girl after overcaming his self doubt and realising his potential. The series had just about the right number of  characters that you cared about and see developed. There was a good mix of comedy, action and drama. 

Those were in the earlier days. But now it feel so diluted, continuously recycled with too many characters to think about,  that I've lost interest.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By labarith

1.  Filler is anime-only.  Read the manga.  Or google 'Bleach filler' and skip the relevant episodes. 
     2.  Movies are generally ok to good... despite being filler. 
     3.  Bleach is one of the "great" japanese mangas currently running.  Which means it has access to modern artistic tools (computers), as well as an engaging, long-term story (as opposed to, say, Dragonball's cycle - which is cute in its own way, but surely not the mark of good writing... at least not the mark of good writing other than Great Expectations-style "paid per word" writing. 

Long story short:  There are FEW "long-running" mangas/animes like Bleach - even fewer that appeal to american audiences (IE, relatively PG13, few japanese cultural references to make kids get all "sweatdrop", etc.)

Kazuma14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now it's poorly written because Ichigo is stuck with Orihime this time. I mean, Kurosaki's Ray of light was supposed to be Rukia! Not Inoue!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.