Follow

Ichigo Kurosaki

Character » Ichigo Kurosaki appears in 507 issues.

Ichigo Kurosaki is a human Substitute Soul Reaper for the Soul Society, who protects his friends and family above all else. Unlike most characters he really doesn't have an end goal. Ichigo will still protect everything he cares for even at the cost of his life and/or amazing powers. He was unsure of his powers and job but has come to embrace them as a part of himself and uses those powers for the greater good.

Final Getsuga Tenshou question.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeepeh

Ichigo's powers didn't begin to fade until after he had used Mugetsu. So is it possible for him to use the form of Final Getsuga Tenshou and revert back to his normal Shinigami self as long as he doesn't actually use Mugetsu itself?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: from my understanding when he said final he really meant final he said it him self using it would mean losing his powers Mugesto is just him using a huge amount of that power.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeepeh

@cjdavis103: But he didn't show signs of weakening until immediately after he used Mugetsu?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Well like CJ said the FGT was supposed to be permanent, which is why Zangestu didn't want to teach him how to use it and was originally how Isshin lost his powers(though it was retconned) and Mugestu was kinda like him putting all of his power into one final attack

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

Let's say Final Getsuga Tenshou is that form he was in when he arrived on the battlefield. From there, he has a finite amount of time/energy in which he can use that form. Once that time/energy is burned through, he loses his powers. Without using Mugetsu, he burns through the energy much more slowly. Upon activating Mugetsu, he burned through the remainder of that power, using it all up.

So could he have returned to being a normal Shinigami after activating the Final Getsuga Tenshou? I doubt it: Once he activated it, his powers days' were numbered. Mugetsu was just the nail in the coffin.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: What if he returned to normal before it ran out? Rukia said that shinigami powers well up from deep within and can never be taken away.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: I don't think FGT is the form in which he arrived on battlefield. It's the dark shroud-like form he gets when he says 'this is the final.. getsuga tenshou'.

Dangai form seems to be simple evolution to me.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cjdavis103

@jeepeh:

Conventional death god logic doesn't seam to apply to Ichigo in any case so why should the powers be any different?

his power/ his soul said it if he uses this power it is gone ( he gets it back though poorly designed PIS) so using it temporary should not be an option

think of it like this it is like over clocking a machine you put it to work well beyond its power levels it ruins it now in theory you could stop it but the damage is already done.

it was supposed to be the finisher for the series I doubt it is something you can just flip on and off it kind of ruins the whole Final bit

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeepeh

@princearagorn1: Um what? I'm talking about FGT. This isn't about Dangai Ichigo.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: I've had people tell me that he can use FGT as long as he doesn't use Mugetsu, is it just a matter of opinion or are the people I know just idiots? xD

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pierpat

No, no, zangetsu states that FGT is irreversible, consuming and blabla, mungetsu only makes the process faster

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes, using FGT is irreversible. FGT turns Zangetsu into Getsuga itself, by turning itself into reitsu.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

No, no, zangetsu states that FGT is irreversible, consuming and blabla, mungetsu only makes the process faster

zangetsu also stated he was zangetsu :p

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

zangetsu also stated he was zangetsu :p

Low blow man, low blow. XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.