Why has Iceman not received his due?

#1 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

As an omega level mutant, Bobby/Iceman should be a force on the same level as Magneto or Thor. His highest power levels should have been close enough to at least challenge Phoenix. That's what I would expect if someone has an omega level.

I honestly have not seen his powers used at their most optimal since Emma Frost possessed his body. Sliding under a closed door as water and reforming on the other side, merging with a body of water to re-emerge at another point and/or in another body of water, almost limitless indestructibility in ice form. Iceman is an elemental force!

He should get the world endangering Phoenix treatment, but the enormity of his power should be recognized and used as a major asset in battles and extraordinary feats.

#2 Posted by Dingle_Fairy (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I always loved Iceman, Definitely a severely underrated character.

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite X-Man.

#5 Edited by McKlayn (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinisteri said:

As an omega level mutant, Bobby/Iceman should be a force on the same level as Magneto or Thor. His highest power levels should have been close enough to at least challenge Phoenix. That's what I would expect if someone has an omega level.

I honestly have not seen his powers used at their most optimal since Emma Frost possessed his body. Sliding under a closed door as water and reforming on the other side, merging with a body of water to re-emerge at another point and/or in another body of water, almost limitless indestructibility in ice form. Iceman is an elemental force!

He should get the world endangering Phoenix treatment, but the enormity of his power should be recognized and used as a major asset in battles and extraordinary feats.

Well not to that level yet but they have recently been doing more with his powers, he has been shown using Ice Clones for example in battle like his AOA counterpart did, also in one of the astonishing it showed him survive as steam. They basically try to write Bobby as a kid who just doesn't want to grow up and is scared of the power that lurks with in him, thus he almost refuses to tap into their full potential. Also there is very few Iceman centric story lines thus hard to focus on his sexy ness

Sry accidentally posted like 4 times, damn shitty net lol

#8 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinisteri: Kind of apples and oranges. Phoenix could just arrest the water molecules in the air telekinetically. Superman could likely be defeated by a prime Phoenix at the peak of its power. And that kids is why the Phoenix NEVER should have been brought back to Jean. Digressing.

@mcklayn: three posts?

#9 Edited by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple answer, Marvel suck. All they care about over the last couple of years is scott, logan and Emma.

#10 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinisteri: well being an omega level mutant doesnt carry much weight bc depending on the writer some characters change lvl statuses like at one point even jubilee was an omega. also omega just means limitless room for power to develop and i heard it was stated they are possibly immortal. that being said icemans in my top 5 xmen and id love to see him more and maybe even hav him join cycs crippled team so they could have a powerhouse and be a big threat.

#11 Edited by homosexuality (63 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont see iceman joining cyclops team cause he still mad at him for killing professor, also drake done great things with his powers people want him to do global freezing ,but that would kill innocent people.

#12 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Read These And Spread The Word...

#13 Edited by Teerack (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iceman story in Astonishing was amazing. Iceman ended the world and the X-Men and Avengers were powerless to stop him. Not to mention he won a fight with Thor pretty effortless while multitasking all around the planet. I always knew Bobby was one of the strongest people in the Marvel U but just damn I had no idea. This was a better reveal of power then when Johnny Storm showed he could create multiple super novas.

#14 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

The Iceman story in Astonishing was amazing. Iceman ended the world and the X-Men and Avengers were powerless to stop him. Not to mention he won a fight with Thor pretty effortless while multitasking all around the planet. I always knew Bobby was one of the strongest people in the Marvel U but just damn I had no idea. This was a better reveal of power then when Johnny Storm showed he could create multiple super novas.

Yup! Definitely agree!!

But no doubt that he,and most other Marvel characters are also underestimated on this forum. Swear to god,people say that Batman can beat Iceman.....ugh!

Anyway,Iceman is definitely a favorite of mine.

#15 Posted by RDClip (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I a bad comic book fan if when I hear 'Iceman' I think of Val Kilmer?

#16 Edited by homosexuality (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: what comic is this, is something i have too see with my own eyes.

#17 Edited by Teerack (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: what comic is this, is something i have too see with my own eyes.

One of the more recent Arches in Astonishing X-Men

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.