What Do You Think About... Bobby Drake's Sexuality?

• 52 results
#51 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Honestly, I'm not getting any strong gay vibes from the way the character has been written thus far. He has a long history of hitting on women & failing at holding one. Not saying that a talented writer couldn't out him as a bisexual (or even as a sexually confused gay man), but so far he's seemed mostly straight to me.

I think that Iceman simply has gay appeal, even if he isn't actually gay himself. He is, after all, a young, fun, sexy & nearly nude male with no prominent female love interests, so I would imagine that he's the type of character who appeals to many gay readers.

Excellent points.

#52 Edited by pathtales (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: That is, unfortunately, happening everywhere with new writers even admitting that they haven't really read much about the history.

: You're right, in every Marvel-verse he's either a ladies man or hung up on Polaris. The Ultimate version of him? He's just as bad as Johnny (Human Torch).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.