powerful?

• 75 results
#51 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"I'm willing to bet that if Iceman manipulated his size to become some gigantic ice monster, he'd even throw The Hulk into space lol, didn't someone say that icemans potential can even allow him to teleport eventualy ?"

He actually performed both of those acts in AoA:

• increasing his size, and strength, by taking in moisture from the surrounding air.
  • travelling great distances in a matter of seconds by "moisture molecular inversion".

Iceman gets a solid 9:

• Present 616 Bobby is getting so good that he can control the enthalpy of chemical reactions.
  • Plummit environments to sub zero temperatures within a matter of seconds.
  • Reconstitute his form after being blasted into pieces (in his ice form).
  • Heal any damage sustained to his flesh form by converting to his ice form.
  • Almost instantaneously resolidify after being vaporised , experiencing minimal side effects to his biochemistry (although at present this is extremely mentally taxing).

#52 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@IceIceBobby said:
" Would Iceman be able to harness the Pheonix Force???And is there any inclination that he can?"
no he cant al though he is an omega level mutant the pheonix force selects mutants with telepathy and telekinesis and those mutants are very rare
#53 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
"no he cant al though he is an omega level mutant the pheonix force selects mutants with telepathy and telekinesis and those mutants are very rare "
Has that been stated in the comics?  I only remember it from Wolverine & the X-Men.
#54 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"
@RedK said:
"no he cant al though he is an omega level mutant the pheonix force selects mutants with telepathy and telekinesis and those mutants are very rare "
Has that been stated in the comics?  I only remember it from Wolverine & the X-Men.
"
I think the assumption was made by looking at past hosts.
#55 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  yeah thats were i got it from i thought it also went for the comics as well and looking at alot of its hosts they are mostly telepaths or empaths
#56 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
"@xerox-kitty:  yeah thats were i got it from i thought it also went for the comics as well and looking at alot of its hosts they are mostly telepaths or empaths"

But...
The Phoenix force possessed Colossus' dead body, Diamanda Nero (a non-psychic), both Storm and Vulcan in  separate What If issues, and a fraction of it inhabited Korvus' sword.
#57 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @xerox-kitty:  yeah thats were i got it from i thought it also went for the comics as well and looking at alot of its hosts they are mostly telepaths or empaths "
I wouldn't go quoting a cartoon in a thread about comics.  Two very different things.
#58 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:  i can't explain storm or colossus but vulcan is psionic and is telekinetic, Diamanda Nero although not psychic has psionic abilitys and i thought that most of the shiar race were telepathic like lilandra but i could be wrong.
#59 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
"@John Valentine:  i can't explain storm or colossus but vulcan is psionic and is telekinetic, Diamanda Nero although not psychic has psionic abilitys and i thought that most of the shiar race were telepathic like lilandra but i could be wrong."
Vulcan is not telekinetic, he has never displayed telekinetic ablities.
It was his sword to which the PF was bound.

Iceman is psionic...... beings psionic and psychic are completely different.
#60 Edited by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:  my bad about the psionic/psychic mix up but on vucans page it says he has telekinetic powers
found this on wikipedia
Psionics is the study and/or practice of using the mind to induce paranormal phenomena. Examples of this include telepathy, telekinesis and other workings of the outside world through the psyche.
So if iceman is psionic he uses his telekinesis over water and ice that he did not create (hydrokinesis)
#61 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
"@John Valentine:  my bad about the psionic psychic mix up but on vucans page it says he has telekinetic powers"

When he was bonded with Darwin he was able to absorb/control the powers of others eg Sway and Petra.  He most probably absorbed Rachel Grey's telekinesis when he helf her captive, but I do not belive he used it; anything that may have appeared like telekinesis was most probably an extension of his natural power eg turning off Marvel Girl's and Cyclops' powers. I believe he has lost the powers he gained since departing from Darwin, he has not displayed them since Deadly Genesis.
(He was not bonded with Darwin, so he therefore not telekinetic, in the What If issue where he took possession of the PF)
#62 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
Psionics is the study and/or practice of using the mind to induce paranormal phenomena. Examples of this include telepathy, telekinesis and other workings of the outside world through the psyche.So if iceman is psionic he uses his telekinesis over water and ice that he did not create (hydrokinesis)"
Yea, but the way you initially described it suggested that it was restricted to psychics. Iceman is psionic because, in a way he can exist outside of his physical form, he can control water, reconfigure his body, sublime his body from a gaseous state, teleport through molecular moisture inversion.
I do not believe that being psionic, Omega potential, or psychic is necessary to be a Phoenix host.
Giraud, the ninth host, was baseline human, and Colossus' corpse was most definately not psionic :P. Hell, even an inanimate object was host to a fragment of the force.
#63 Edited by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"I'm willing to bet that if Iceman manipulated his size to become some gigantic ice monster, he'd even throw The Hulk into space lol, didn't someone say that icemans potential can even allow him to teleport eventualy ?"

• increasing his size, and strength, by taking in moisture from the surrounding air.
  • travelling great distances in a matter of seconds by "moisture molecular inversion".

Iceman gets a solid 9:

• Present 616 Bobby is getting so good that he can control the enthalpy of chemical reactions.
  • Almost instantaneously resolidify after being vaporised , experiencing minimal side effects to his biochemistry (although at present this is extremely mentally taxing).

"
Oh wow you just made me splooge xD..........i'd kill for an open world game starring iceman ^__^ with all his abilities
#64 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"
@John Valentine said:
"
@RaDicalCannibal said:

Iceman gets a solid 9:

"
Oh wow you just made me splooge xD..........i'd kill for an open world game starring iceman ^__^ with all his abilities"

Iceman is simply awesome. Aside from Jean and Rachael, and considering both of them were phoenix hosts, he is by far the most powerful X-Man.
#65 Posted by VtwinsV (25 posts) - - Show Bio

what iceman can control matter? 

#66 Edited by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

He manipulates moisture around him i believe.....which is extremely dangerous considering ALL of us are surrounded by nothing but moisture in the air all the time, we breath it, we walk through it, we eat it in our foods, we drink it, not only that but our bodies need water to live......were just meat sacks......which makes Iceman a serious threat. i believe iceman can even drain all the moisture out of someones body making them a useless dry corpse

#67 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

can he grow bigger and smaller in his ice form?

#68 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
"can he grow bigger and smaller in his ice form? "

Yes. He had perfected this in AoA.
#69 Edited by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @DEGRAAF said:
Yes. He had perfected this in AoA. "

Didn't Bobby even put storm in a cryo sleep? when most psychics themselves have failed to render storm useless?....i'd say thats a pretty damn dangerous ability, i mean who could dodge that? even superman is vunerable to being put into a cryo sleep, being able to manipulate someones insides is extremely dangerous, wouldnt wanna be on his bad side ;)

Also wasn't he blasted in Human form, but still reverted to snow? i'd say he's pretty invunerable in & out of ice form
#70 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"@John Valentine said:
" @DEGRAAF said:
Yes. He had perfected this in AoA. "
Didn't Bobby even put storm in a cryo sleep? when most psychics themselves have failed to render storm useless?....i'd say thats a pretty damn dangerous ability, i mean who could dodge that? even superman is vunerable to being put into a cryo sleep, being able to manipulate someones insides is extremely dangerous, wouldnt wanna be on his bad side ;)Also wasn't he blasted in Human form, but still reverted to snow? i'd say he's pretty invunerable in & out of ice form"

which is why he one of my favorite if not my number one character in marvel. I wish they would utilize him more though. I think he should be as famous and as popular as ironman or hulk or even johnny storm or the thing
#71 Posted by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea but excuse my mistake, he didn't put Ororo in a cryo sleep....he put Aurora is one, goddamit i always keep confusing the two lol

#72 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

so who is Aurora?

#73 Posted by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

But yet i agree, they need to stop fucking around with iceman, and start showing some serious power, its a shame he has been so under developed which was one of the many reasons i stopped being into the comics in the first place.

#75 Posted by Edamame (28294 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say 6-7. I would argue that Iceman could compete with many powerful non-telepathic characters out there, like Apocalypse, the Hulk, Vulcan, et cetera

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.