Going to be Killed off 

Be depowered  

Get a girlfriend, maybe date one of new students 

Established a new X-Men team with Beast or Colossus 

Join the Avengers  

Turn bad 

Have his on mini series for a least a year

Leave the X-Men 

How many of you would be upset or happy about it? It is clear that Iceman, is the most underated X-Men, so what if any of these things happend to him, how would you feel?
#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

basically anything that would give him less page time or ruin his character i would be pissed about
#3 Posted by Chaos Burn (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

killed - not upset since he'd be back in a few months
depowered - wasn't he depowered for like a day? 
girlfriend - meh
new x-men - yeah, that'd be cool
avengers - sure wtever
bad - naaaah
mini series - stupid
leave x-men - stupid

#4 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to be Killed off - Depends on the reason

Be depowered - Was kinda depowered, just repressed his powers. 

Get a girlfriend, maybe date one of new students - How old is Bobby lol

Established a new X-Men team with Beast or Colossus - Would be interesting

Join the Avengers - No

Turn bad - Couldn't see it

Have his on mini series for a least a year - Depends on the creative team

Leave the X-Men - Nah

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@time

My responses:

Going to be Killed off: Lame. For any Marvel character at this point. Marvel does this too often.

Be depowered: Actually I wouldn't mind this as it would remove the ambiguity of his "power level" and remove the spectre of Emma being able to be a better Iceman than he is. I could totally see him sticking by the X-men and staying a superhero even without powers. I think if any of the original 5 were to lose their powers, it should be Bobby. Even more than Warren.

Get a girlfriend, maybe date one of new students: Dating one of their students? Ew.

Established a new X-Men team with Beast or Colossus: I don't see Bobby as a leader, even though he is a founder. Same with Colossus. Beast already started his little science club team.

Join the Avengers: I thought he already did?

Turn bad: Lame. Flirting with the darkside--Mystique--yes, turning bad, no.

Have his on mini series for a least a year: He's not that interesting.

Leave the X-Men: And go where? He's X-men to the bone.
#6 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@time:
My responses:
Going to be Killed off: Lame. For any Marvel character at this point. Marvel does this too often.
Be depowered: Actually I wouldn't mind this as it would remove the ambiguity of his "power level" and remove the spectre of Emma being able to be a better Iceman than he is. I could totally see him sticking by the X-men and staying a superhero even without powers. I think if any of the original 5 were to lose their powers, it should be Bobby. Even more than Warren.
Get a girlfriend, maybe date one of new students: Dating one of their students? Ew.
Established a new X-Men team with Beast or Colossus: I don't see Bobby as a leader, even though he is a founder. Same with Colossus. Beast already started his little science club team.
Join the Avengers: I thought he already did?
Turn bad: Lame. Flirting with the darkside--Mystique--yes, turning bad, no.
Have his on mini series for a least a year: He's not that interesting.
Leave the X-Men: And go where? He's X-men to the bone.

I agree with pretty much all of your points, but I'd like to add that depowerment would be lame and unoriginal. They did it post M-Day for a few issues before it was revealed to be due to a mental block.

#7 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman as a bad guy would be cool but couldn't work in the long run. He lost his sense of humor and now he's Mr.Freeze? He should be a team buster bit I'm afraid he'd just be a tag along villain like Colossus ended up as.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.