fed up.

Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman. Omega level mutant. one of the original x men. considered to be one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. so why is he being treated like a joke at Marvel!? he could be one of their best characters, hes popular with the readers, hes got so much potential. picture iceman at the top of his game, full mastery of his powers! what if he found new ideas to use his powers or expand on them?!?!? i know hes learnt how to do the whole clone copies thing recently but he needs to unleash his full omega level qualities! hes treated as a joke compared to the other Omega level mutants (Franklin Richards, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Legion)

thoughts?

#1 Posted by TheCannon (17839 posts) - - Show Bio

He's really treated as a joke simply because of what you first hear about him. When he's first described to you, you think: "So, he's only good at a party where they run out of ice? What's he going to do against Magneto or Apocalypse?"

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is in a good place right now. I certainly don't think he is a joke, heck he is next to immortal and can clone himself he is plenty powerful, he and Kitty are a thing, and he is has been one of the central X-Men in the last year and looks like he will be moving forward into Marvel Now.

Can you move this to the X-Men or Iceman forum please.

#3 Posted by THORSON (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

he is getting THOR treatment

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be a boring story they used Iceman to his full power.

"Oh no Cyclops is attack the school!"

"No worries guys I've thrown his body into hypothermic shock!"

The End!

#5 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah....he can entirely nullify others' thermal powers, is effectively immortal, clone himself, flashfreeze entire areas teleport through moisture, etc.

And then we look at his Age of Apocalypse version and see what he can REALLY do. 616 bobby is starting to approach that level.

But like Crowbar said, it'd be really boring. The rest of the X-Men would be rendered Null & Void. The other Omegas are simply powerful. Iceman is both powerful and versatile, with a much wider range of abilities (barring Legion, for obvious reasons.) The others are simply powerful mutants. To his full potential, Iceman would be an out & out god.

#6 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@acestar101: I feel ya man same here over in human torch team... These guys control the elements they are gifted with heat and fire or cold and ice these guy teamed up are unstoppable but the writers hold back and make the, weak people find them a joke... I hate it both are practically unbeatable if the writers actually went for it

#7 Posted by ubungqingili (73 posts) - - Show Bio

did he not make a global ice storm recently ,also he can control and become all forms of water and temperature is everywhere even in space and can control people through water in his body all versions of him have shown to be completely immune to telepathy. i say in the future in he might have fire powers if his powers evolving which they will.

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

He's really treated as a joke simply because of what you first hear about him. When he's first described to you, you think: "So, he's only good at a party where they run out of ice? What's he going to do against Magneto or Apocalypse?"

He could take on Magneto. Polarity changes with temperatures as well as velocity so anything Magneto can do would be altered by Icemans abilities. Apocalypse would be more difficult and probably couldnt take alone but Apocalypse is also an Omega level so that would make sense he couldnt take him alone.

did he not make a global ice storm recently ,also he can control and become all forms of water and temperature is everywhere even in space and can control people through water in his body all versions of him have shown to be completely immune to telepathy. i say in the future in he might have fire powers if his powers evolving which they will.

I always thought this too. It makes sense that if he can pull heat from his surroundings and environment that he should be able to push them in the the surrounding area as well. He would be like an omega level Oya or essentially him and human torch combined just without Human torches limits.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.