Ice... Violet Lantern of 2814?

#1 Edited by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Ok, we saw in issue 19 of GLC that Ice and Guy are getting back together... (See Right image)
Love... ain't it precious?

but then we have the latest solicits from DC, stating...

The lead-in to "Blackest Night" begins with "The Sins of the Star Sapphire." Catch a glimpse into the beginning of the latest Corps being formed and what it will mean to the Green Lanterns. Plus, Ice proposes to Guy Gardner!

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #29

So we have a issue titled "The Sins of The Star Sapphire", a ring that focuses purely on Love, and Guy and Ice getting engaged...

anyone see a pattern here? lol

i'm thinking we will see Ice in a hot pink suit soon, joining up with god knows who else...

but on a side note, who would trust this crazy woman with a power ring?

M

Crazy Woman!

#2 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio
Has no idea bout any of this but posts to make Methos smile!
#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

roflol... thanks anyway babes...

also, i want that bottom image of "baby seals" on a t-shirt just to piss animal rights activists off lol

M

#4 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

OMFG YES WHAT AN AWESOME SHIRT

You could wear it in Canada with pride!

#5 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

ICE?? Wasn't she killed a few years back?? Yet another character back from the dead?! B*ll*cks!

#6 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

.... whats with the pink stuff <.<

#7 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, with all the pink writing I coulda swore that Methos was Pix for a moment. :)

#8 Posted by lordraiden (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
".... whats with the pink stuff <.<
"

Um, yeah, what doom said! and on the subject, isn't/didn't she propose to Gardner? I wonder how that would affect the relationship, a GL going out with a VL!
#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Mighty Thorion said:
"ICE?? Wasn't she killed a few years back?? Yet another character back from the dead?! B*ll*cks!"

she came back lol

M

".... whats with the pink stuff <.<

it's for the "Pink Lanterns" or Violet... or Zamorrans... or Star Sapphire Corps... whatever you want to call them

M

Shaper said:
"Huh, with all the pink writing I coulda swore that Methos was Pix for a moment. :)"

Nope...

M
#10 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

arent the VL's like the amazon's or did i miss something...

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
Um, yeah, what doom said! and on the subject, isn't/didn't she propose to Gardner? I wonder how that would affect the relationship, a GL going out with a VL!"

Well, in the past Hal and Star Sapphire have had a relationship...

though this was before the Violet Lantern Corps...

there's always been a strange relationship between Green Lanterns and Star Sapphires...

M
#12 Posted by lordraiden (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"lordraiden said:
Um, yeah, what doom said! and on the subject, isn't/didn't she propose to Gardner? I wonder how that would affect the relationship, a GL going out with a VL!"

Well, in the past Hal and Star Sapphire have had a relationship...

though this was before the Violet Lantern Corps...

there's always been a strange relationship between Green Lanterns and Star Sapphires...

M
"

I always thought that was due to the ever irrisistable charm of Jordan lol
#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
"arent the VL's like the amazon's or did i miss something...

they're always female.. but aside from that they can be anyone

M
#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
I always thought that was due to the ever irrisistable charm of Jordan lol"

Nah, Hal's just not that cool lol

M
#15 Posted by lordraiden (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"lordraiden said:
I always thought that was due to the ever irrisistable charm of Jordan lol"

Nah, Hal's just not that cool lol

M
"

Huh, what??? and you call yourself a GL fan! I'm stunned, I need time to recover now lol
#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
Huh, what??? and you call yourself a GL fan! I'm stunned, I need time to recover now lol"

I'm a Kyle fan

M
#17 Posted by lordraiden (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"lordraiden said:
Huh, what??? and you call yourself a GL fan! I'm stunned, I need time to recover now lol"

I'm a Kyle fan

M
"

Yeah, that I already know!
#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
Yeah, that I already know!"

also i hate the new Hal "Can do no wrong" Jordan

M
#19 Posted by lordraiden (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"lordraiden said:

M
"

Do no wrong? Don't know bout that, I thing Johns is doing a great job with his return of the last few years and Green Lantern in general, he's done plenty wrong, but i'd assume after just comming back after a 15 year hiatus as a villain, sought of back to good guy, then Spectre, it would be a bit harsh to have him cock up severly! He's far from perfect, which is what makes him Jordan, but that's just me :-)
#20 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Methos said:
"lordraiden said:

I'm a Kyle fan

M
"

... call me :-P
#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
Do no wrong? Don't know bout that, I thing Johns is doing a great job with his return of the last few years and Green Lantern in general, he's done plenty wrong, but i'd assume after just comming back after a 15 year hiatus as a villain, sought of back to good guy, then Spectre, it would be a bit harsh to have him cock up severly! He's far from perfect, which is what makes him Jordan, but that's just me :-)"

Nope, according to Geoff's Retcons Hal was never The Spectre... he was also never the villain, it was Parallax that took over his body...

Hal has never done anything wrong, he's not an alcoholic (He was originally, he was a drunk driver as well, crashed his car killing one of his brothers and put him in jail for several years) and now he didn't get kicked out of the air force for punching out his CO but got kicked out because he wanted to be with his parents...

Hal with the new Retcons can do no wrong, everything is always someone elses fault... and basically i think it's ruined the character

M
#22 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"lordraiden said:

M
"

Finally!.. i thought i was alone on this, all my friends look at me like a mad man when i say something like that.. :P
#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
Finally!.. i thought i was alone on this, all my friends look at me like a mad man when i say something like that.. :P"

me too...

i much preferred old Hal, at least the character had something to say for himself, this new version is basically a cardboard cut out with no real feelings...

M
#24 Posted by lordraiden (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"lordraiden said:
Do no wrong? Don't know bout that, I thing Johns is doing a great job with his return of the last few years and Green Lantern in general, he's done plenty wrong, but i'd assume after just comming back after a 15 year hiatus as a villain, sought of back to good guy, then Spectre, it would be a bit harsh to have him cock up severly! He's far from perfect, which is what makes him Jordan, but that's just me :-)"

Nope, according to Geoff's Retcons Hal was never The Spectre... he was also never the villain, it was Parallax that took over his body...

Hal has never done anything wrong, he's not an alcoholic (He was originally, he was a drunk driver as well, crashed his car killing one of his brothers and put him in jail for several years) and now he didn't get kicked out of the air force for punching out his CO but got kicked out because he wanted to be with his parents...

Hal with the new Retcons can do no wrong, everything is always someone elses fault... and basically i think it's ruined the character

M
"

Ah, no, he was the Spectre, I believe that was never retconned, and yeah, Parallax got retconned to being a parasititc villain which inhabated Hal, which, according to the retcon, Rebirth, the Spectre chose Hal in hopes of, cleansing it from his soul, as he sought of put it! Yeah, i've got the first two mini's of his origin, emerald twilight I & II, but I don't believe any of that's been retconned!
#25 Posted by greenlantern_2418.1 (49 posts) - - Show Bio
Mighty Thorion said:
"ICE?? Wasn't she killed a few years back?? Yet another character back from the dead?! B*ll*cks!"

she was but in a recemt issue of birds of prey she came back

she was found in a red rocket armour the birds stole

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.