gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

It's a major bummer this series is coming to an end. What is good is we do get some closure. The recent events are allowed to come to an end. With all the craziness that's been in these pages, there is a lot deal with. Josh Fialkov takes them all on and puts a nice bow on the package.

One thing to be clear on, you won't know how it's going to end until you read this. There is that feeling that anything goes. You get a sense that Fialkov was allowed to finish his story, to some extent, and do as he pleased with the characters. I'll just say that not everyone makes it out alive.

We also see the return of Andrea Sorrentino. Whoever had a hand in making this happen should be commended. Fialkov and Sorrentino were a huge factor in making me love these characters. We've seen characters switch back between being good and evil and they made us care with each and every issue.

The Bad

The scenes drawn by Fernando Blanco were good but it's that old problem of different artists with different art styles. It can be distracting. It can be a little hard to follow when you're used to the way certain characters have looked combined with some of the transformations in recent issues. I would definitely like to see Blanco on another series. I dig his style but it just didn't fit here. The switching back and forth got to be too much. The use of the violent colors during the battle also added to the slight confusion as to who was who.

Did he get to tell the whole story? I'd imagine Fialkov had more of a story to tell beyond this one. There was a tiny element of the story speeding up in order to give an actual ending.

The Verdict

I, VAMPIRE was a series that caught me by surprise. Because of my love for Fialkov's writing, I knew I'd check out this series when it was first announced even though I didn't really want to read another vampire comic. His writing and Andrea Sorrentino's art won me over from the first issue. It's a shame the series has to come to an end. This issue does wrap up loose ends and you won't know what's coming up on the next page as you read. Fernando Blanco shares the art duties with Sorrentino. I did like his style but didn't think it quite fit the vibe of this book. Switching between his art and Andrea's was a distraction. I would have loved to seen more stories with these characters. All good things must come to an end. It's just unfortunate that this is one of them.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By longbowhunter

I would liked to have read more on Mary and Andrew's earlier years. Loved the last page though.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Sad to see this go. I have been reading digitally since #1.and I've really become fond of this book as a monthly treat. Great stuff and bravo to Fialkov and Sorrentino and the other artists for bringing Andrew Bennett and Mary Queen of Blood to life. Those two characters really carried this book. This last issue did feel a bit rushed by I also think I really would have wanted a double sized issue, especially to flush out the flashbacks, which were the best part and really emotional stuff. I pray this becomes and omnibus. Cheers to I, Vampire.

Avatar image for secondfallen616
    secondfallen616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

As soon as i start reading this awesome book, those bastich's YANK it away from me.............................

Doughnuts! to you DC! with mouse "sprinkles" on them!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I've been reading this since issue #1, and it's been great ever since. I will miss thee, I Vampire. :(

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a really good series it's a shame it was cancelled.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know how people feel. I didn't read this title, but I heard nothing but good things about it, and the art looked great. I had the same comments when the last Moonknight run ended. That arch was just so fresh and got nothing but stellar reviews.

Avatar image for graphiccasualfreak
    GraphicCasualFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 2

This is definitely one of my favorite comic series. But I knew from the start it was doomed. The story was too good and by the time they got to Constantine, I was like, Yup, it's over.

Uncle_Yusuf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have/ be every issue, but I have yet to read them as I haven't had the time.

Niki1988Ingram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to read this comic book series, looks great!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.