delphic's I, Vampire #1 - Tainted Love review

This is Who I Am...Confused Yet?

I found this first issue to be rather confusing. We are introduced into the world of I, Vampire by what appears to be the scene of a slaughter. The story is set up in two different settings and though the word bubbles are relevant to what’s going on in the current scene the caption boxes are linked only to the conversation between Andrew and Mary. I found this to be unique in that it didn’t really take away from the story, but would only make it sometimes a little confusing to tell exactly what was going on. I was also a bit shocked at some of the abilities possessed. I enjoyed the issue and I look forward to the next one to see what more there are to these characters as well as to see more of Andrea Sorrention’s artwork which I felt was rather pleasing to the eye.