Who?

#1 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know who he is?

Because he's a tier 4 on the DC power rankings, making him on par with Death, Ultimator, and Anti-Monitor

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-power-rankings/12-42222/ said:

*- Tier 4 - [ 3rd Class Multiversal Entity ]:

Anti-Monitor (full form)/

Ultimator/10th Dimensional Beings/

Hyperman
Death
#2 Posted by King Saturn (222806 posts) - - Show Bio
I have never heard of Hyperman... and I have been looking for comics with him for quite some time
#3 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Posted by King Saturn (222806 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn... I guess no one really knows anything about Hyperman
#5 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

No one knows?

#6 Posted by King Saturn (222806 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"No one knows?"
I think I know the reason why Hyperman is so high on the list. It could be that Hyperman is basically an amped up Silver Age Superman... if thats even possible to believe

lmao
#7 Edited by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Aliases: Chester King, Hyper-Man, Hyper-boy, Hyperman
Universe: Earth-One
First Appearance: Action Comics #265

History: Hyper-Man's story was similar to that of Superman's - rocketed from the dying planet Zoron, he landed on the planet Oceania and was adopted by the Kings. Developing super-powers, he began a crime fighting career as Hyper-Boy.

Superman discovered that Hyper-Man was going to die from Zoronite poisoning, and sabotaged his career so that he could marry his girlfriend, Lydia Long, and live out his time in happiness.

credits to dc wiki http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Chester_King_%28Earth-One%29

#8 Posted by Erik (29810 posts) - - Show Bio

So very lame.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (222806 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"

Aliases: Chester King, Hyper-Man, Hyper-boy, Hyperman
Universe: Earth-One
First Appearance: Action Comics #265

History: Hyper-Man's story was similar to that of Superman's - rocketed from the dying planet Zoron, he landed on the planet Oceania and was adopted by the Kings. Developing super-powers, he began a crime fighting career as Hyper-Boy.

Superman discovered that Hyper-Man was going to die from Zoronite poisoning, and sabotaged his career so that he could marry his girlfriend, Lydia Long, and live out his time in happiness.

credits to dc wiki http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Chester_King_%28Earth-One%29

"
I actually just read Action Comic 265 yesterday... and Hyperman is basically Silver Age Superman... just with a goofy looking costume
#10 Posted by Thor-El (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Also in the Kingdom Come storyline Superman and Wonder Woman had a kid who got lost in hypertime. He then grew up and had total control of hypertime and called himself Hyperman.

#11 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor-El said:
"Also in the Kingdom Come storyline Superman and Wonder Woman had a kid who got lost in hypertime. He then grew up and had total control of hypertime and called himself Hyperman.
Thanks. That's probably him.
#12 Posted by Suggs44 (567 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:   I actually just read Action Comic 265 yesterday... and Hyperman is basically Silver Age Superman... just with a goofy looking costume

So he's pretty damn powerful I take it?  Could Hyperion be based more on this character than Superman? not in terms of power but the similar red costume, yellow cape and the "H" on his chest is like Hyperion (Earth-31619), even the name is close. maybe I'm delusional.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.