Should Hyperion be brought into the mainstream Marvel U?

#1 Posted by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so maybe during the "Siege" arc to get rid of Sentry once and for all. But he should have this costume

#2 Posted by Hyperion Man (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure I would love to see Sentry get his ass handed to him by Hyperion

#3 Posted by Hyperion31916 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG HOLYSHIT YES!!!!! I think they should bring Hyperion 31916 into the 616 universe. They should bring him and that crazy bitch Zarda 31916 also into 616!!!

#4 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess only because I have an extreme hatred of Sentry

#5 Posted by tensor (3512 posts) - - Show Bio
no too many damn superman rip offs in marvel  although he is the best 1
#6 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

The 616 universe isn't big enough for the Squadron and everyone else they have in that universe. But they should visit. I would love to see a fight between these two Supermen (Sentry and Hyperion)

#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Squadron Sinister hyperion is in the 616.

#8 Posted by Stormultt (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

I think sentry, blue marvel, marvelman and hyperion should be in the MU so what they're all very powerful; if DC can have powerhouses so can marvel thing is i like marvels ALOT better but DC always has a place in my heart....specially MM ^^
#9 Posted by Ben Doverand Taykit (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:
" no too many damn superman rip offs in marvel  although he is the best 1 "
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion sucks.We already have Sentry and Blue Marvel in the mainstream.Not to mention Gladiator still floating around.We don't need Hyperion making any appearences any time soon and definately doesn't need to be made mainstream.

#11 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

Short answer no.

Long answer *UCK NO!

#12 Posted by knightofhonor100 (121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hyperion31916:
I totally agree with that sir.
#13 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
" I think sentry, blue marvel, marvelman and hyperion should be in the MU so what they're all very powerful; if DC can have powerhouses so can marvel thing is i like marvels ALOT better but DC always has a place in my heart....specially MM ^^ "
DC has other comparable characters, the other Marvel characters are a lot weaker.
#14 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Aye, verily.  Though it should be 712 Hyperion IMO.
#15 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: @Thunder God: @Hyperion Man: @Hyperion31916: @Vance Astro: @Nova`Prime`:

and just like that... hes coming to 616

#16 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: Wow. I can't say I LIKE Hyperion considering he's basically Superman just with a different name and look. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him.

#17 Posted by Backflip (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@tensor: @Thunder God: @Hyperion Man: @Hyperion31916: @Vance Astro: @Nova`Prime`:

What's this from?

#18 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: I got it from this article

http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/10/05/hickman-reveals-first-marvel-now-new-avengers-details/

marvel now seems kinda interesting

@Smart_Dork_Dude: Im not that big on him ether but sentry's dead so the superman clone slot has to be filled i guess...

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@DATNIGGA said:

This thread is 2 years old.
#20 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: I just always thought

"Okay, he looks like Superman, has the same origin, same powers, basically the same personality, why am I reading a book about him when I can read an actual Superman book?"

I have nothing against Superman inspired characters, provided they do something DIFFERENT with them than make them 100% Superman-like.

#21 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: superman is a great character & they tend to copy & duplicate characters like that spiderman , iron man, wolverine clones ect... its just how writers are i guess

#22 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: True. My point is making a character that is based on another character and making them EXACTLY like the character their based on. Take Mr. Majestic for instance. He was based on Superman, has the same powers and is an alien from another planet. Yet he acts NOTHING like Superman. Aside from both of them being heroes they couldn't be more different. THAT is an example of how to do an homage character

#23 Posted by tensor (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip:this should be interesting

#24 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@DATNIGGA said:

This thread is 2 years old.

LOL well that answers my question. I was thinking to myself.. "Self... when the hell did I talk about Hyperion and Marvel 616?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.