Follow

Hyperion

Character » Hyperion appears in 667 issues.

Hyperion is Marvel's first Superman pastiche. He is most often associated with the super-team known as the Squadron Supreme and was an Avenger at one point. Though he is one of many active versions across a myriad of alternate universes, Hyperion is still one of the mightiest super-humans in the Marvel Multiverse.

Questions about the new Hyperion ? (SPOILERS)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

So I have read the new Avengers issue (Whitch is awesome) but when Hickman was explains his origins I was bit confused. First what did he mean by two hyperions did he mean its one person with two sides to him? Second is this Hyperion a new one or is it the Hyperion from earth-712 ?

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Z3RO180: I was confused about that too. I wondered if he was playing the sentry angle and hyperion is eventually going to have to be taken down.

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Supreme_Maj

@z3ro180: This Hyperion is a new one apparently he share more trait with King Hyperion He's power is based on solar absorption like King Hyperion and note like the original Hyperion(earth 712) who takes his power like all the Eternals from cosmic ray. what i understood with Hickman work is that there are two side of Hyperion the one who has listen all his life to the philosophy of his "father' which he (the other side) realized in a certain point of time had a flaw but by respect for his father he continue the way he has been taught but The other Hyperion has seen the flaw and want to rectify it because people are not a all but they are different part of a all with their life, their aspiration, dreams, love so that make the equation more complicated and now he might take a different approach of the problems and that is what we should be scare but it is too early to really know exactly what Hickman is planning because he's a great writer and in the end he might surprise us but lets hope he will do a spin off based on Hyperion about his adaptation to this new earth it can be very interesting to have a new title for him. I hope i clarified some of your doubt.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supreme_Maj That clears up a lot thanks mate

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.