Follow

Hyperion

Character » Hyperion appears in 667 issues.

Hyperion is Marvel's first Superman pastiche. He is most often associated with the super-team known as the Squadron Supreme and was an Avenger at one point. Though he is one of many active versions across a myriad of alternate universes, Hyperion is still one of the mightiest super-humans in the Marvel Multiverse.

Hyperion, Eternal ?

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Djinn

i just want to know is hyperion a eternal i know it says so but i never heard of him being one i really dont know that much about him but i know alot about the eternals and never heard of him being one.

Avantar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Avantar

There is an Eternal that is named Hyperion after the God, but he is not the same as the Hyperion (Superman homage) of the various Squadron groups

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the creator

Apparently Hyperion (classic Squadron Supreme version), is the last Eternal of his home dimension that is known to still live.
    He has untapped powers as no-one ever taught him to use this powers as he was raised by humans.
    When he damaged his eyes in battle with the criminal Hyperion (that the Grandmaster had created), he was rendered blind, relying on radar goggles to 'see' with.
    He was later recognised as an Eternal and was shown how to heal himself, which restored his sight.

We don't know if he has all the other powers that Eternals exhibit (like telepathy or external matter manipulation).

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Djinn

what comic was that in

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator
    Djinn said:
    "what comic was that in"
    Sorry, I cannot recall, but I think it was during the Squadrons extended stay in the the normal Marvel universe (616).
    So it may have been in an Avengers or West Cost Avengers comic (possibly in the Operation Galactic Storm crossover).

UKPlankton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By UKPlankton

It was in Quaser.  Makkari recognised him as an Eternal.  They went off panel and when they came back Hyperion had healed his eyes.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

I remember Hyperion being revealed to be an Eternal in the early '90s.  Marvel hasn't ret-conned it out yet, so I guess it still stands. 

If he is still an Eternal, then he's got the highest over-all level physical abilities development of all known Eternals.  Hyperion would be comparable to many of the Eternals at their specialties.  For example; Strength and Durability on par with Gilgamesh, Flying prowess comparable to Ikaris and speed to rival Makkari, just to name a few.   

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.