Hyperion Earth-31916

#1 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if Marvel have any plans to do anything more with the Hyperion of Earth-31916? I loved the Supreme Power reboot by JMS and Gary Franks art work was briliant as always, but the series went downhil after Squadron Supreme: The Pre Year Wars. After that we got the crossover with the Ultimates universe, then Bright Shining Lights (I'm not even going to go into how awful that was). I feel they could do so much with this character and team but it seems as if they have been forgotten.

Anyone know if theres any plans for a new series or anything, I'd even take a cameo at this point.

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04:

I don't know if Marvel has any plans for him, but I would like to see more of this Hyperion, too.

#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. They butchered the storyline after the crossover with Ultimates.

#4 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: Yea they bulit up the Mystery around his and Zarda's origin, then just left it unanswered. I dunno if you have read Bright Shinning Lights but they had Hyperion and Spectrum fly off to some baron planet and called it Hyperion's home world and just left it at that. It was awful and a waste of what could of been a great story arc.

@Kairan1979: I know mate, they shouldn't have got rid of Zarda. And when they did, she suddenly seemed cured of her mental imbalance. They could of used Zarda in a solo series to explain how she came to Earth 2000 years before Hyperion and how she came to be mentally "Damaged".
#5 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04:
I didn't know any of that.  It does sound like a waste.
#6 Edited by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: @Kairan1979:  NEWS UPDATE: The awesome The Gray Fox has informed me that the next installment in the Supreme Power Saga will be released in June 2011. Thought I'd let you two know as it seems other than me you guys are the only ones that visit this page lmao.

Here's the link if your interested.   http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/115/1156617p1.html  
#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04:
thanks a lot! If they ignore crossover with Ultimate Universe and everything after and just start after Supreme Power #18, that could be awesome!
#8 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979: yep fingers crossed. I hope they bring back Zarda as well, i really didn't like her in the Ultimate universe (slept with the Hulk, WTF)
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a crossover to the main Marvel Universe.

#10 Edited by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04:
Thanks.  I apprectiate the link.

I'm always interested in keeping up with my favorites.

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18155 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarda just left the Ultimates Universe to return to Earth 31916. it was in Loeb's latest series. 
#12 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

ATTENTION, SPOILER!

Supreme Power #1. 

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks promising.

#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish he could go up against King Hyperion.

#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (6324 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: see the hyperion that appeared in the ultimate marvel univerise is he the hyperion from

Earth-31916?

#16 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this Hyperion to but I would also like to see more of Hyperion from Earth - 712 and maybe bring back King Hyperion. I would love to see King Hyperion cut loose in the mainstream universe and fight the heroes.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: No, i don't believe so.

I believe that Hyperion is the one from the 712 Universe.

#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (6324 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: ok one last question i was reading thor reborn and zarda say shes a god as well as carol danvers. Are both that zarda and hyperion gods or aliens that consider them selves gods?

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I understand it is: Hyperion is a native Earth Eternal from whatever alternate Earth he's on.

Zarda, on the other hand, is an Inhuman of her alternate Earth (Unless something has changed).

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: I believe the Blue Marvel defeated King Hyperion in the mainstrean universe,if I'm not mistaken. i don't know how he came to 616 since he was sent back to his original dead world stranded in exhiles.!

#21 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

The way I understand it is: Hyperion is a native Earth Eternal from whatever alternate Earth he's on.

Zarda, on the other hand, is an Inhuman of her alternate Earth (Unless something has changed).

Wait Hyperion is a Eternal ? I thought he was a alien like Superman ?

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Yes, apparently that Earth's version of Hyperion is an alien. I was describing the Earth-712 versions of Hyperion and Zarda.

#23 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Yes, apparently that Earth's version of Hyperion is an alien. I was describing the Earth-712 versions of Hyperion and Zarda.

Ohhhhh.... Ok. Wow so hyperion of earth 712 is a eternal awesome. So is he a earth eternal or a titan one or what ?

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

@PowerHerc said:

Ohhhhh.... Ok. Wow so hyperion of earth 712 is a eternal awesome. So is he a earth eternal or a titan one or what ?

The way I understand it is he's the last living Earth Eternal from his reality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.