Hydra & its Status in the Marvel Comic Universe

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all, I've become interested in the villainous organization Hydra since seeing them in action on the new Avengers television series on DisneyXD, and was wondering if anyone could tell me more about their comicbook counterpart.  For example...

1)  Who is their current leader?

2) Are they a Nazi organization or is their only ideology world conquest minus all the racist nonsense that the Nazis obsessed over?  I ask because from what i saw on the show Captain America's old archnemesis Red Skull & his sidekick Baron Von Strucker are both members of Hydra.

3) What is their current status in the main Marvel comic universe?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestro2828:
I think the current leader is Viper aka Madame Hydra 

i think red skull and baron strucker might retain their racist views but the organizations main goal is world domination and chaos 

last i checked their organization was rotting fom the inside

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.