Her skin...

#1 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

So what happens to Husk's... ummm.... husked skin!? Does it disintegrate? Does it remain behind? Could it be used against her? (Like if a villain grabs ahold of her husked skin and clones her or something!?) Where does it go?

#2 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it just instantly disintegrates, or disintegrates at an accelerated rate, a bit like spiderman's webbing

#3 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

I think it just instantly disintegrates, or disintegrates at an accelerated rate, a bit like spiderman's webbing

Easy solution... and possible... but I wanted something a little more creative!! But I'll take disintegration!!

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular skin (as in what you & I shed) becomes one of many elements that combine to form household dust. However, larger chunks of flesh don't simply disappear, making many people happy with bacon sandwiches.

I can't recall ever seeing mention of Husk's husked skin disintegrating (to me it doesn't seem logical, although it would be insanely convenient). I dare say I may have forgotten something, but right now all I can remember is the start of Gen X when Jubilee was writing 'home' to Wolvie & complaining about how her roomie left discarded skin everywhere. The image was as if someone had popped open a crate of streamers & hadn't cleaned up for days.

So my best guess would be that it's yet another thing for Toad to clean up.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12756 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Gen X novel "Ghosts", which might be considered non-canon, She husks into a diamond form and the leftover "shell" is later used by Banshee to purchase equipment for the team

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

In the Gen X novel "Ghosts", which might be considered non-canon, She husks into a diamond form and the leftover "shell" is later used by Banshee to purchase equipment for the team

Ugh. How come she never gets listed in the 'gross-est power' type threads? ;)

#7 Posted by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

I was thinking it would be cool if drug lord used husk's old shells, and skins for a home made MGH or something, giving the the human/ user of the drug the ability to turn into what ever she husked into... tho not always turning back or when trying to husk back their skin under hasn't grown back, instantly killing them with shock.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@BuddyBulson said:

@papad1992:

I was thinking it would be cool if drug lord used husk's old shells, and skins for a home made MGH or something, giving the the human/ user of the drug the ability to turn into what ever she husked into... tho not always turning back or when trying to husk back their skin under hasn't grown back, instantly killing them with shock.

Um... interesting thought!!

#9 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@cattlebattle said:

Ugh. How come she never gets listed in the 'gross-est power' type threads? ;)

I love Husk but I always figure her power are about as disgusting as you can get, heck I'm surprise she can eat her own skin to heal herself as some insects do with their cocoon and sure as hell they could do a story of some creepy stalker who took the remains of her skin and grafted onto his body, slowly becoming a disgusting patchwork male version of her

#10 Posted by Joygirl (19913 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

bacon sandwiches

Mmmmmmmmm.

#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

They never really deal with the healing properties of her skin. Cuts and scratches are healed pretty quickly right? And there's the whole 'fresh shower' effect I think she did in Gen X #1

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

They never really deal with the healing properties of her skin. Cuts and scratches are healed pretty quickly right? And there's the whole 'fresh shower' effect I think she did in Gen X #1

U think she has a healing factor!?

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

It's not that she has a healing factor but she has husked her outer form and removed injuries with them. In the storyline before Generation X were formed she was infected by the Phalanx and Sabretooth stabbed her, a wound that she shouldn't have survived. But she husked her outer skin and was Adamantium underneath, when she turned back to flesh she was uninjured.

Also there was an issue where she husked into a diamond form and hugged Penance but her claws were so sharp that she actually cracked Husk's form. But when Paige husked back to flesh again she was uninjured.
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@papad1992 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

It's not that she has a healing factor but she has husked her outer form and removed injuries with them. In the storyline before Generation X were formed she was infected by the Phalanx and Sabretooth stabbed her, a wound that she shouldn't have survived. But she husked her outer skin and was Adamantium underneath, when she turned back to flesh she was uninjured.

Makes me wonder how she managed to rip the Adamantium 'flesh' off herself to return to regular skin-flesh ;)

Oh and yes. This definitely is a kind of healing ability. Certainly not on a par with Wolverine, X-23 or even Angel. But shapeshifters are known to be faster healers; Mystique & even Wolfsbane have considerably faster healing than that of none metamorphic character. Husk grows a new undamaged layer underneath the skin she husks off. She just has to wait for that new layer to grow.

#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox_kitty said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@papad1992 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Makes me wonder how she managed to rip the Adamantium 'flesh' off herself to return to regular skin-flesh ;)

Oh and yes. This definitely is a kind of healing ability. Certainly not on a par with Wolverine, X-23 or even Angel. But shapeshifters are known to be faster healers; Mystique & even Wolfsbane have considerably faster healing than that of none metamorphic character. Husk grows a new undamaged layer underneath the skin she husks off. She just has to wait for that new layer to grow.

Yeah it was totally before they decided what her powers would be, same with Synch, they tweaked his a bit in those early Generation X days. I think diamond was the hardest thing she husked to after that, and that was a big moment for her.
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@xerox_kitty said:

Yeah it was totally before they decided what her powers would be, same with Synch, they tweaked his a bit in those early Generation X days. I think diamond was the hardest thing she husked to after that, and that was a big moment for her.

Yeah, they got a little carried away in those early Gen X days, and realised they had to pull it back a bit in order for the kids to 'grow'. You'd think that diamond & Adamantium would be difficult for an inexperienced new recruit to shift into ;p

Poor Jubilee was downgraded though, from a seasoned X-Man into a cry baby scared of horror movies who couldn't control her fireworks... lame! ;)

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@xerox_kitty said:

Yeah, they got a little carried away in those early Gen X days, and realised they had to pull it back a bit in order for the kids to 'grow'. You'd think that diamond & Adamantium would be difficult for an inexperienced new recruit to shift into ;p

Poor Jubilee was downgraded though, from a seasoned X-Man into a cry baby scared of horror movies who couldn't control her fireworks... lame! ;)

HAHA... But I wonder if that Adamantium skin she husked into was the same durable metal that is bonded with Wolverine... I mean, how would she tear it off? And how would she know which metal to husk into?? From memory?? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this!! :P

#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

HAHA... But I wonder if that Adamantium skin she husked into was the same durable metal that is bonded with Wolverine... I mean, how would she tear it off? And how would she know which metal to husk into?? From memory?? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this!! :P

As far as I know, there's only one kind of Adamantium. And that was pretty much my question; how did she husk that skin off, since Adamantium is unbreakable... the writers wrote them into a dead end there ;p

#19 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@papad1992 said:

As far as I know, there's only one kind of Adamantium. And that was pretty much my question; how did she husk that skin off, since Adamantium is unbreakable... the writers wrote them into a dead end there ;p

Yep. Defiantly...

#20 Posted by Squares (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

What usually happens to dead skin?

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squares: It flakes off and becomes a composite of dust, but it's usually translucent (not skincoloured ;)

#22 Posted by Squares (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty:Exactly. Thusly it stands to reason that her 'husked' skin would do something similar, right?

#23 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I still wish they would expand on her powers and make her more similar to her AoA counter part. I have been waiting for her to even touch that level of potential (I.e. husking extremely quickly to a number of different elements and even shifting to look like another person. I love the fact that she was the only member of her team to survive the original AoA story and even did so while carrying her injured team members before she was overwhelmed)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.