DC Animation needs to make a Batman: HUSH movie.

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought the trade and I must've read the story at least three times. It's hands down my favorite Batman story ever, and IMO, the best of all time. While a book like this would probably never be made into a live-action movie, it can certainly dominate the shelves as an animated feature. I mean who wouldn't pay for a Batman movie with pretty much all the important villains and allies in one epic story? I mean Superman even makes an appearance towards the beginning. 

So who's with me? Batman: HUSH- Yea or Nay?

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read a Batman story more than I have read Hush. It was amazing and would make an excellent animated epic. But how could they fit everything into one film. Even the smaller parts help make the story better. I wouldn't want anything left out.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29514 posts) - - Show Bio

They should definitely make a Hush movie.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

I have never read a Batman story more than I have read Hush. It was amazing and would make an excellent animated epic. But how could they fit everything into one film. Even the smaller parts help make the story better. I wouldn't want anything left out.

When they were talking about making Batman: Year One, they said that even though they added everything in that story into the movie, it was still too short for what they needed. If time and content is an issue for them, a word for word Hush movie should be easy for them, lol. I personally would love to see the part in Metropolis. That was one of my favorite scenes. 
#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Yeah, I'd much prefer a Hush film to Year one. I loved the relationship between Batman and Catwoman, Batman's struggle throughout the story, and Superman's cameo.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: I never liked Catwoman until I read Hush. She was fantastic in that story. Year One is just so... Boring.
#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Same with me. I couldn't stand Catwoman nor Year One. I despised the artwork as well.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: It's meh for it's time. The only reason people read it at all is because that's the first time since the 40's that a writer got Batman's cohones back. Other than that, the story is kind of forgettable. 
#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I'm not the biggest fan of Batman, but I don't see why Year One is praised so much. It was quite forgettable yes.

#10 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a number of other movies I'd want to watch before Hush. Hush also is a tad bit too long and there's some thing that won't really work in transition to a film's plot.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope,bring me Bane of the demon/legacy over Jeph Loeb rubbish.If not that then even Dark Victory would be cool to see.Hush has some of the worst mischaracterizations ever and it's secret mastermind angle falls flat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.