Follow

Hush

Character » Hush appears in 316 issues.

Thomas Elliot is a renowned surgeon and childhood friend of Bruce Wayne. A meticulous planner, Elliot resents the fact that Bruce's father thwarted his plot to murder his parents. Aware of Bruce Wayne's secret identity, and assuming the identity of criminal mastermind Hush, he sets out to destroy Batman.

DC Animated Should Do Hush!

Deonaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Deonaris

Now that DC Animated has shown they don't shy away from the more brutal side of story-telling(thanks to Under the Red Hood), what do you think the odds are they might make Hush into a film? would it work? I think it could despite the editing down they'd have to do, but if it looked half as good as Red Hood, I'm sold.

Benuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Benuben

Yeah, I think that Hush is perfect story for animated movie.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Hush would be the best animated movie ever. But it needs to have ALL the villains in it. 

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ReverseNegative

Yep.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

It would be weird since UTRH came out first.

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By roadbuster

I like Batman 608 to 619 (plus the Interlude).  I love DCAU. 

I think Hush would have serious trouble being translated to animation.  Three main things sell Hush: 1) Jim Lee's Art; 2) The comprehensive cameos; 3) The mystery of Hush. 

In animated form nearly all of those are compromised.  Lee's Williams inked art doesn't really translate to animation.  The duration of the film means that characters are going to get cut or much less screen-time (compared to their comic appearance were everyone shows up to get their fair rendering by Jim Lee and Loeb).  And the screen-time means there's going to be little mystery to Hush (introducing Tommy Elliot and spending time on his backstory will make his role rather transparent).  To top it off, an adapted Hush would bear too many similarities with Mask of the Phantasm, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Under The Red Hood (particularly the latter considering its in-comic motivation was heavily inspired by the stunt in Hush)... I'm not sure how many times you can use that formula for animated Batman before it gets to be an issue. 

That doesn't mean there's not some magical idealized wishlist version floating around in my head, but as a practical matter I see a lot of concerns (the whole Jason Todd scene would have no impact post Under The Red Hood for just DCAU watchers).

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "It would be weird since UTRH came out first."

I don't know. It doesn't have to be acurate.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

Hush was to appear in the Batman series that was running at the same time with JLU but he was eventually replaced with Rumour.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I'd love for them to do Hush, but it's far too big for their run times. It would need to go 120 minutes at least if they were going to do it right (all the characters, adequate examination of Bruce's emotional state). Most likely, they'd wind up cutting the romantic subplot, and then I'd have to kidnap various executive's children and make them do it again until they got it right.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By elayem98
    @Primmaster64 said:
    It would be weird since UTRH came out first.
    seeing as how they would have to cut alot of it, i doubt the whole jason todd part would even be in it
    Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I'd love for them to do Hush, but it's far too big for their run times. It would need to go 120 minutes at least if they were going to do it right (all the characters, adequate examination of Bruce's emotional state). Most likely, they'd wind up cutting the romantic subplot, and then I'd have to kidnap various executive's children and make them do it again until they got it right.

This guy knows what hes talking. I really admire those who would kidnap children for thier own needs.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@bob agent of agency x said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This guy knows what hes talking. I really admire those who would kidnap children for thier own needs.

A fifteen month old comment made in jest, that was worth bumping.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.