Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1168 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Would U Buy It #55: "B&B: Batman & Huntress: Days of Rage"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 55:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    11/21/10B&B: Batman & Huntress: Days of Rage(Blog) (Forum)The Huntress(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:The Brave and the Bold: Batman & Huntress: Days of Rage. (I couldn't fit all of that in the title bar.)
    Alternate Title:
    1. Huntress: Days of Rage
    2. Batman/ Huntress: Days of Rage
    Collecting 4 Issues:
    • The Huntress #17-19
    • Justice League International Special #2.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: The Huntress #19
    TPB Cover: The Huntress #19

Anytime I can find a story arc that guest starred Batman, especially if from a discontinued series, I suggest it as a Brave & Bold TPB, because I figure anytime you can put Batman's name on the cover, it is more likely to sell. The alternate title of Huntress: Days of Rage, is of course because the story arc came from The Huntress, so it's only right to suggest that title too. I think it's more likely to sell as a B&B trade, or as Batman/ Huntress: Days of Rage.

I'm never quite satisfied with a three issue trade paperback though, so I look for something else to put with it. In this case, I included Justice League International Special #2 (featuring the Huntress), because it came out three months after the final issue of The Huntress series, and makes a good afterword to the Days of Rage story (and to the series itself).

For the cover, since it's supposed to focus on Huntress more than Batman, I'd use The Huntress #19.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:54.Manhunter: Saints and Sinners.
    Next:56.Deathstroke: World Tour '93.

.Full WUBI Index.

Thanks again!

The Brave and the Bold: Batman & Huntress: Days of Rage
    The Brave and the Bold: Batman & Huntress: Days of Rage

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134

Hutress rules man
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    @daredevil21134: I agree. :)  My favorite so far though has been the old school Earth-2 Huntress, as seen in the Huntress: Dark Knight Daughter TPB.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daredevil21134
    @cbishop said:
    "@daredevil21134: I agree. :)  My favorite so far though has been the old school Earth-2 Huntress, as seen in the Huntress: Dark Knight Daughter TPB. "

I love Helena Bertinelli
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop
    @daredevil21134: Ah, but as Earth-2 Huntress, she was Helena Wayne (and I could swear that at one point, she was Helena Troy, but I can only find that as a briefly used alias of the current Wonder Girl).  I like the current Bertinelli Huntress, but DC just can't seem to figure her out.  Her origin has been done like three or four times.  As the daughter of Batman & Catwoman, she ruled.  I loved those stories in the 80's, and still loved 'em when I read the trade. :)
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134
    @cbishop:
    I see, I don't know to much about Helena Wayne...I guess because I grew up on Helena Bertinelli and the first time I saw the character I was hooked
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop
    @daredevil21134: Well actually, I should clarify: the Huntress in the proposed collection above - "Days of Rage" - is Helena Bertinelli.  The Huntress from Dark Knight Daughter is Helena Wayne.  I like the Bertinelli character okay - especially since they've had a chance to flesh her out a little bit more in Birds of Prey, but I loved the Wayne version. It's definitely a matter of perspective.  My first exposure was to the Wayne version.  Yours was to Bertinelli.  It's all good - they're both great characters.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Amegashita

Not a big fan of the Huntress, so most likely, no.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbishop
    @Amegashita:  Fair enough. :)
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daredevil21134
    @cbishop said:
    "@daredevil21134: Well actually, I should clarify: the Huntress in the proposed collection above - "Days of Rage" - is Helena Bertinelli.  The Huntress from Dark Knight Daughter is Helena Wayne.  I like the Bertinelli character okay - especially since they've had a chance to flesh her out a little bit more in Birds of Prey, but I loved the Wayne version. It's definitely a matter of perspective.  My first exposure was to the Wayne version.  Yours was to Bertinelli.  It's all good - they're both great characters. "

I agree
    batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By batshrine

Honestly all these trades you keep proposing, I would buy all of them. I want as much Batman as possible, and I am a TPB kinda guy :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cbishop

@batshrine said:

Honestly all these trades you keep proposing, I would buy all of them. I want as much Batman as possible, and I am a TPB kinda guy :)

Sweet! Statistically speaking, one buyer who speaks up represents 1,000 to 10,000 (depending on your source) buyers who don't speak up. So between you and me, that's 2K-20K buyers who would buy these trades. Now if DC could just figure out what a reprint treasure trove they have, we'd be all set.

Marvel has done pretty well with their "Classic" trades, but I have a few to suggest, down the line. The problem with both companies is that they've reprinted so much material in black and white (Marvel's Essential TPB's & DC's Showcase TPB's) I don't know if they'd consider it profitable to do color reprints as well.

Also, much of the stuff I propose in WUBI and 12-Month Trades is just me dreaming, so it's unlikely they'll be collected. I've had a couple of surprises though. I didn't realize Marvel had started a Thing Classic series, when I proposed The Thing: Rocky Grimm, Space Ranger, but Thing Classic, Vol 2 collects all the issues I suggested, plus a Fantastic Four issue that I forgot belongs to the story. I proposed a three volume Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld collection, and DC did a Showcase Presents: Amethyst. It's black and white, doesn't collect all of the issues, and it's unclear whether they plan to do a second volume, but it was still a surprise. The Trial of the Flash Showcase volume was also a surprise. It's awesome to see some of this stuff get reprinted, even in black and white. :)

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By batshrine

@cbishop: I definitely want them in color too!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

I probably would pass.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cbishop

@batshrine said:

@cbishop: I definitely want them in color too!

I always assume a color collection, when I suggest a Would U Buy It or 12-Month Trades. The major problem is that many of these go back to the days of comics being printed on newsprint, and that was a totally different coloring process. These trades would have to be recolored for today's standard of paper, and that affects the cost of the TPB in a big way. That's why so much of the 1980's (and earlier) material winds up as black-and-white collections in Showcase Presents volumes (or Essential TPB's, for Marvel).

@fodigg said:

I probably would pass.

Fair enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.