Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1168 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Why Will 'The Huntress' Be Connected To Earth-2 'Justice Society'?

• 79 results
    Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By MetropolisKid41
    @huntressfan

I think Levitz will definitely do her justice, I haven't read anything of his that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed, if nothing else I'm sure she'll get a follow-up mini or a 6 issue run in DC Comics Presents down the road.
    huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By huntressfan

@Michiel76 said:

WTH? Earth 2, earth 1??? Look i'm new to DC comics, i'm loving some new 52 books right now, but what is going on? I don't even know what half of this article is about.

So is this part of the new 52 line of comics or not? And does this mean Birds of Prey, Mister Terrific and the upcoming JSA comic are not part of the new 52 universe?

Great job DC, getting new readers by doing a reboot and before we even hit an issue #2 pull this stunt and confuse everyone who has never read a DC comic, like me.

The mini series that Levitz is writting is part of the new 52 second wave. It will tie into Birds of Prey at some point. Particularly the part about Huntress having the largest price on her head in the DCU history.

What it means for Mr. Terrific and upcomings JSA is anyone's guess. Many are only speculating that Helena Bertinelli Huntress will guest appear in those. At lest this Huntress fans hopes that's all it is.

Either give Helena Bertinelli Huntress a book or let her be developed in Birds of Prey. Both would be terrific!

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MetropolisKid41
    @The Stegman said:
    @Michiel76:  

WTH? Earth 2, earth 1??? Look i'm new to DC comics, i'm loving some new 52 books right now, but what is going on? I don't even know what half of this article is about.

So is this part of the new 52 line of comics or not? And does this mean Birds of Prey, Mister Terrific and the upcoming JSA comic are not part of the new 52 universe?

Great job DC, getting new readers by doing a reboot and before we even hit an issue #2 pull this stunt and confuse everyone who has never read a DC comic, like me.

exactly why i think they should do away with all Earths except the main one

I think everyone is over complicating it, so far we have one confirmed alternate earth, Earth2 with the JSA, which is no big deal, it allows them to tell stories without having to impact the New 52 Earth 1 universe. Marvel has the AoAverse and Ultimate Universe and no one has any trouble distinguishing them. I think everyone is throwing up their arms in disgust instead of just taking the 30 seconds and using their brain and thinking it out. No one has any trouble getting confused about the difference between Ultimate Spiderman and 616 Spiderman. They take place in different universes, it's not confusing, so I don't see where all the hysteria about multiple universes in DC being confusing is coming from.
    huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By huntressfan

@Gambler said:

I never knew the Huntress was so popular... However I will say the art looks pretty good and the costume is nioce.

Helena Bertinelli is AWESOME. DC has a gold mine in her but that don't know it and have never taking her very serious. It's great to see so many comments. I hope DC gets a clue.

Thanks to Babs and Comicvine for putting a little spotlight on her. Are you all interviewing Paul Levitz or Marcus to about The Huntress?

huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By huntressfan

@Xenozoic Shaman said:

I always thought the idea of Helena Wayne was interesting, but prefer Helena Bertinelli, and am also pleased with the new costume. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest is ending soon, so this might make a decent replacement.

I want to Sean Murphy draw Huntress if it were an ongoing written by Paul Levitz. I dig his style.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cagedleo730

It still confusing to me how people keep thinking Huntress will be Helena Wayne. It's like they skip the articles and go straight to comments. Articles have relevant information. What's happening to reading comprehension.

As for new readers afraid about Earth-2, don't worry. They will explain it to you!!! If they don't then they are horrible storytellers.

As for current and long-time readers, don't assume you'll know how things turn out in this new DC. If the Crises don't happen in the same way, neither will the multiverse Earths. The possibilities are endless.

huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By huntressfan

@fodigg said:

Issue one of MR TERRIFIC had some talk of other dimensions. My guess is that he opens a portal to Earth-2. Maybe we'll get a real Kara Zor-L Power Girl after all.

I've seen this theory several places. It's logical. The key is how Helena Bertinelli Huntress fits into all this.

Nod-Nolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Nod-Nolan
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By fodigg

@huntressfan said:

@fodigg said:

Issue one of MR TERRIFIC had some talk of other dimensions. My guess is that he opens a portal to Earth-2. Maybe we'll get a real Kara Zor-L Power Girl after all.

I've seen this theory several places. It's logical. The key is how Helena Bertinelli Huntress fits into all this.

Yeah, and that's a tough one. I'm thinking she joins the JSA but remains the same Earth-1 character we're used to.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DEGRAAF

When i first heard about what books her mini connects too, my first thought was

Birds of Prey - Plain and simple, she used to be on that team in her DCnU history still i bet

Justice Society of America - my first guess was that she is from Earth-2. Beyond that i wasnt sure how she would be connected to them. Maybe on a retrieval mission....

Mr. Terrific - When i say on a retrievel mission i was thinking bringing back a amnesia induced Powergirl. Karen wouldnt remember where she comes from or what she is capable of. The JSA sends Huntress to this world to find Karen Starr.

It would explain her joining the BoP bc they are a good resource tool to finding information. JSA would have chosen Huntress bc that would be one of the closest similar to Batman with out sending an Earth-2 Batman (or robin, red robin, Batgirl, or nightwing) to the main DCU and confusing people.

My question is i thought huntress got the idea of become a hero from Batman (hearing about him, seeing him, or whatever) So does that mean there is a Superman and a Batman on that Earth as well?

huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By huntressfan
    Nod-Nolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nod-Nolan

@huntressfan: my bad, some how I managed to skip an entire paragraph of the article...

huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By huntressfan

@DEGRAAF said:

When i first heard about what books her mini connects too, my first thought was

Birds of Prey - Plain and simple, she used to be on that team in her DCnU history still i bet

Justice Society of America - my first guess was that she is from Earth-2. Beyond that i wasnt sure how she would be connected to them. Maybe on a retrieval mission....

Mr. Terrific - When i say on a retrievel mission i was thinking bringing back a amnesia induced Powergirl. Karen wouldnt remember where she comes from or what she is capable of. The JSA sends Huntress to this world to find Karen Starr.

It would explain her joining the BoP bc they are a good resource tool to finding information. JSA would have chosen Huntress bc that would be one of the closest similar to Batman with out sending an Earth-2 Batman (or robin, red robin, Batgirl, or nightwing) to the main DCU and confusing people.

My question is i thought huntress got the idea of become a hero from Batman (hearing about him, seeing him, or whatever) So does that mean there is a Superman and a Batman on that Earth as well?

I don't believe Helena Bertineilli is from Earth-2.

Huntress being in BOP makes sense since once her mini ends, she'll have the higest price on her head and the story basically continue there. Mostly likely she still has some ties to Black Canary. I don't know how much of BOP is still canon.

huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By huntressfan

@NodNolan said:

@huntressfan: my bad, some how I managed to skip an entire paragraph of the article...

It's all good. I was just curious if people are confused about which Huntress this article is talking about it and which Huntress DC is saying would have ties to these books. It's Helena Bertinelli, not Helena Wayne.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DEGRAAF

@huntressfan said:

I don't believe Helena Bertineilli is from Earth-2.

Huntress being in BOP makes sense since once her mini ends, she'll have the higest price on her head and the story basically continue there. Mostly likely she still has some ties to Black Canary. I don't know how much of BOP is still canon.

i know she wasn't originally and she probably isn't this time either, what i posted was just my first ideas as to how they all connected

gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By gangly

Stories from just 2 versions of Earth don't seem complex to me at all. As long as Earth-2 stories are easily identified, I love the potential for some great takes on the characters we're seeing in the other books, and even more so for the ones we aren't.

But the biggest mystery that no one seems to be questioning is how Huntress looses a finger on her left hand in issue #2?!?

Oh G. March. You draw pretty ladies real good, but don't forget to count those digits, buddy.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MetropolisKid41
    @gangly said:

But the biggest mystery that no one seems to be questioning is how Huntress looses a finger on her left hand in issue #2?!?

Oh G. March. You draw pretty ladies real good, but don't forget to count those digits, buddy.

Ha at first glance it definitely looks that way, but I believe her index finger is simply behind her middle finger, if you look closely between what should be her 2nd & 3rd fingers there is a purple shading that doesn't match the inside color of the fingers or the cape, that looks like the top part of her first finger, but maybe that's just me trying really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt lol.
    huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By huntressfan

@MetropolisKid41 said:

@gangly said:

Ha at first glance it definitely looks that way, but I believe her index finger is simply behind her middle finger, if you look closely between what should be her 2nd & 3rd fingers there is a purple shading that doesn't match the inside color of the fingers or the cape, that looks like the top part of her first finger, but maybe that's just me trying really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt lol.

You are correct. It wouldn't be possible for her to twirl and spin the staff if her index finger on her left hand were on it. She's holding it correctly where she can balance it and fight with it effectively.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By HexThis

I'm a huge Huntress fan so I'm over-joyed that DC has chosen to spotlight her in the relaunch. However, I'm really hoping they stick to Helena Bertinelli, Helena in the earlier part of the last decade in particular. Her dynamic with Batman in No Man's Land and a Cry For Blood was more interesting than almost any other sidekick because she seeks his approval while actively defying him. I always felt as though her aggressiveness was a bit too muted in the presence of Dinah and Barbara, I'd like to see her go rogue even though I loved Birds of Prey.

Maybe Helena will encounter Helena Wayne and it will create more of a rapport between herself and Bruce that would curb her more aggressive impulses. I think they may depict her as a ruthless crusader who stops at nothing to avenge those that have wronged her and as soon as she sees Earth-2 Helena she may see what she could be if she had chosen another path.

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Michiel76

@MetropolisKid41: Thanks that was very helpfull, still it's a bit confusing if you know almost zero to nothing about the DCU and just getting into things.

But how you expained it was very clear thanks.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Michiel76
    No problem sir, I think DC has to be aware that they have some new readers to the DCU with the relaunch, so I think they'll try to clarify and explain anything that happens outside of the New 52 Earth One Universe, so hopefully when the time comes for an alternate universe story like the JSA story on Earth two, they will very clearly explain what's going on so that there's no confusion.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I honestly cannot account for why there would be a connection between Helena Bertinelli and Justice Society of Earth-2. The connection to Birds of Prey is obvious. To Terrific, I'm just not sure either. Makes me curious as to what's going on here and if I should get more titles...::strokes chin::

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#73  Edited By daredevil21134

Its a reboot,and they can do what they want.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JBBuc

@RainEffect said:

@Babs: I don't know about you, but I am so pleased that they took the liberty of giving Huntress a full-covered costume. Her old one was impractical and a fan-service. This one is awesome.

Indeed! This motion restrictive costume with absurdly bulky shoulder-pads is much more practical.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#75  Edited By cbishop

Although I like the Bertinelli Huntress, the Helena Wayne Huntress was sheer awsomeness, just for being the offspring of Batman & Catwoman. 

Prediction for the title of this mini's TPB: "Huntress Becomes the Hunted." ;)
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Eyz

I just wish it ends up having the JSA in the regular universe and not some other alternate world.

I neve liekd much the idea of a JSA on Earth 2... Yes, silver age-fanboys, it had its purpose at the time...but the original JSA, Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, etc., were the Golden Age original heroes and mystery men of the DCU. The first super heroes. When they were thrown to "a parallel world" it was like throwing this history, these characters, aside... while Batman and Superman continued unchanged for some reason instead of being replaced as well.

What I loved about carrying them back over in the original Crisis, was to also bring back this history, these original WW2 Mystery Men. The Legacy aspect was quite interesting and played with in lots of Flash or Kyle Rayner!Green Lantern comics. And it was fun and entertaining!

Throwing them back on a parallel world though bringing in the Wildstorm universe instead seems to be such a poor decision... I mean trading Alan Scott for The Grifter? Really?

And if most of the JSA is either dead/replaced by a younger generation (ex: M. Terrific)/or unchanged due to time travel or mysterious powers at work (Jay and Alan) why would it be a problem to either tell stories in the present with this new JSA or in the past with the original one? Having them on Earth 2 will either serve to keep them young in the past or in the present, resulting in the same type of stories anyway!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ssejllenrad

At the start of new 52 and here we go with the multiverse again!

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By charlieboy

maybe this is helena wayne and she is using the bertinelli name as an alias?

DCisKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DCisKING

I really like the new costumes .... hoping for a huntress figure

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.