What is DC gonna do with Helena Bertinelli?

• 157 results
#1 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

So far in the New 52 we've seen Helena Wayne use Bertinelli as an alias, but we haven't seen Helena Bertinelli. I wonder if DC will write about Bertinelli or if they're going to focus on Helena Wayne from now on. I'm a huge fan of both Huntresses and would be pissed to see either one ignored!

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3: I seriously doubt that there will be two versions of the Huntress running around. The point of the reboot was to simplify things.

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: @BOPFAN#3: agreed. The reboot was to "simplify" things, for better or for much worse, by making sure there's only one of each character. One flash, One GL (exception is the corps), and so on. For Earth-2 they're probably going to rename Jay Garrick and Alan Scott (possible Sentinel reappearance?) So Huntress will probably be solely Helena Wayne. I doubt Bertinelli will even exist any more so I would say your farewells to the character.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32637 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@jsphsmth: @BOPFAN#3: agreed. The reboot was to "simplify" things, for better or for much worse, by making sure there's only one of each character. One flash, One GL (exception is the corps), and so on. For Earth-2 they're probably going to rename Jay Garrick and Alan Scott (possible Sentinel reappearance?) So Huntress will probably be solely Helena Wayne. I doubt Bertinelli will even exist any more so I would say your farewells to the character.

But there's going to be two Super Girls running around 
#5 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

True, but Power Girl is distinctly different from Super Girl, especially the way Super Girl is being written now.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32637 posts) - - Show Bio
@jsphsmth said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

True, but Power Girl is distinctly different from Super Girl, especially the way Super Girl is being written now.

It's still the same person unless they change that with the reboot
#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@jsphsmth said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Well Earth-1 has a Karen Starr that is human, maybe they are going to change Power Girl on Earth-2. If Huntress is the daughter of Batman and Catwoman why not make Power Girl the daughter of Superman and Lois Lane?
#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32637 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@jsphsmth said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Well Earth-1 has a Karen Starr that is human, maybe they are going to change Power Girl on Earth-2. If Huntress is the daughter of Batman and Catwoman why not make Power Girl the daughter of Superman and Lois Lane?
Not sure I like that idea much ether, I think she should be a New God
#9 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@jsphsmth said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Judging by the new Mister Terrific solicit which came out today I don't think that she's merely human anymore.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32637 posts) - - Show Bio
@Or35ti said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@jsphsmth said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Judging by the new Mister Terrific solicit which came out today I don't think that she's merely human anymore.

Have you got a link? I take it this Mr T was also set in Earth 2 but they just never told us?
#11 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: I don't think that she was ever human. Just because she was involved with Holt doesn't mean that she would reveal her alter ego.

@spiderbat87: here

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they give her some kind of justice

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@Or35ti: I don't think that she was ever human. Just because she was involved with Holt doesn't mean that she would reveal her alter ego.

According to a Newsarama interview, Terrific is going to be joining the JLA so his book takes place on Earth-Prime. Not sure how they're going to explain Karren Starr and PG in one world though...

#14 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Not bad, not bad at all!

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Golden Age PG was considered the daughter of Kal-L and Lois despite her actually being his cousin. If they revamped PG to being Earth-2 Superman's (let's still call him Kal-L) and Lois's daughter, I think that would be so much better. It makes Earth-2 have a much different feel and that's something I like.

#16 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I don't see anything on this at Newsarama. How old was the article?

Seems like Mr Terrific would be JSA. Always has been.

I figured he would be the one who discovers the Multiverse and how to travel between the different worlds.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (81527 posts) - - Show Bio

These reboots often seem to add to the confusion rather than clear it up

The thing I liked the most about the Huntress when she was first introduced was the fact that she was Batman's (Earth-2) daughter.

When "Crisis on Infinite Earth's" rebooted the DCU, I didn't like the fact that Huntress would no longer be Batman's daughter but I understood why it wasn't possible.

The Huntress' new "Helena Bertinelli" identity was well conceived and suited the character. Where she really stood out the most was in "Birds of Prey." That's where her character solidified itself as one of my all-time favorites. I guess I'm trying to say I like both incarnations, but I don't see the need for both unless they make them distinctly different from each other.

Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli both existing, even in parallel universes, wouldn't and doesn't exactly keep things simple.

#18 Posted by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Since DC has a consistent history of characters never staying dead, I'm sure in another retcon or two they'll revive Helena Bertinelli, even if it means giving her a completely different codename and costume to go by to keep her separate from Helena Wayne.

#19 Posted by War Killer (19953 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, is the new Huntress mini-series set in the new DCU or on Earth-2? O_o

#20 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I missing something? When did this 6-piece series ever actually state that it is Helena Wayne?

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Am I missing something? When did this 6-piece series ever actually state that it is Helena Wayne?

Interview

#22 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@RainEffect said:

Interview

Cheers. Got a link for me?
#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@BlackArmor said:

@RainEffect said:

Interview

Cheers. Got a link for me?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/paul-levitz-worlds-finest-earth-2-120113.html

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm getting more and more upset about this the more i hear about it.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

#26 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:  

@The Stegman   said:

This flat out sucks

i usually try and keep an open mind about this...and i haven't complained about the new 52 at all yet..but this is just dumb imo, it's a downgrade in character, the only saving grace is that she seems to act like Bertinelli, which begs the questions, if she looks, acts and speaks like a Bertinelli...why make her a Wayne??
#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

i usually try and keep an open mind about this...and i haven't complained about the new 52 at all yet..but this is just dumb imo, it's a downgrade in character, the only saving grace is that she seems to act like Bertinelli, which begs the questions, if she looks, acts and speaks like a Bertinelli...why make her a Wayne??

Because they wanna make more money off Batman's name

#28 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:  

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

Even still the whole point of this is to open the titles up to new readers....really this, and All of Earth 2 would just confuse a new reader, why give the JSA their own universe when there is more than enough room in the main one?? ugh i hate the multiverse 

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

Even still the whole point of this is to open the titles up to new readers....really this, and All of Earth 2 would just confuse a new reader, why give the JSA their own universe when there is more than enough room in the main one?? ugh i hate the multiverse

I hate it too man.

#30 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@jsphsmth said:

According to a Newsarama interview, Terrific is going to be joining the JLA so his book takes place on Earth-Prime. Not sure how they're going to explain Karren Starr and PG in one world though...

Not sure how I feel about him joining the JLA but he would have made a hell of a lot more sense being a JLA founder then Teen Titan Cyborg.
#31 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@jsphsmth said:

Not sure how I feel about him joining the JLA but he would have made a hell of a lot more sense being a JLA founder then Teen Titan Cyborg.

100% Agreed, him or Black Lightning

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Dernman said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@jsphsmth said:

100% Agreed, him or Black Lightning

THANK YOU. I absolutely HATE that cyborg is JLA now, he BELONGS as a titan. nothing more. If they want to give him a push, then give him a solo book and see how that goes. I understand they want a tech guy on the team in place of manhunter but they could have used someone different. I do like the Black Lightning suggestion, I liked when he was on the team.

@jsphsmth: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/biggest-surprises-new-52-second-wave-110111-1.html

Unless I read this wrong...

#33 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Helena B will show up somewhere.

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

Because DC is run by morons like Johns who loves to use characters he read about in his childhood,even if that means giving the characters in question the traits of other superior and more developed characters.The new 52 is garbage,they just released the solicits for April yesterday and I could'nt care less,even Brotherhood of the Fist ... oops I meant Night of the Owls does'nt excite me either.

All of this was planned,they're only pretending to be making it along the way.They knew if they announced this along with Liefeld handling 3 books,the benching of Wally&Connor and Wolfman's Titans no longer being in continuity at once,it would have resulted in their offices getting burned by mobs of fanboys.They're doing it slowly,dropping one unpopular piece of information after the other.

Come May,I'll prolly be reading only Batman INC and Action and that's cause Morrison writes them.

#35 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Unless I read this wrong...

I didn't read article. Seems strange. I guess all will be revealed in May with the Second Wave. I cannot wait to read Levitz and Robinson stories in Worlds' Finest and Earth-2.

Now if we could only get some solid information on when Multiversity will be published. Soon please Mr. Morrison.

#36 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

Why make her a Wayne? She was originally a Wayne.

Helena Bertinelli was the one who was looking and acting like Helena Wayne. They are simply returning her to her original form.

I love how readers think that it is great that Damian is a Wayne, but Helena cannot be one because it makes her origin petty. This is the same logic as hitting yourself in the head with a hammer because it feels good when you stop.

#37 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

Helena Bertinelli was the one who was looking and acting like Helena Wayne. They are simply returning her to her original form.

I love how readers think that it is great that Damian is a Wayne, but Helena cannot be one because it makes her origin petty. This is the same logic as hitting yourself in the head with a hammer because it feels good when you stop.

I have no idea what you're babbling about,Helena Bertinelli was nothing like Wayne,Damian was'nt created simply for the sake of being a Wayne,last time I checked Grayson was his partner first.Next you'll be telling me Wally West and Kyle Rayner were acting like Barry and Hal.

#38 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

I have no idea what you're babbling about,Helena Bertinelli was nothing like Wayne,Damian was'nt created simply for the sake of being a Wayne,last time I checked Grayson was his partner first.Next you'll be telling me Wally West and Kyle Rayner were acting like Barry and Hal.

O_O those last references aren't relevant since barry existed in wally's continuity and hal was not replaced by kyle in continuity

Helena B was a REPLACEMENT for Helena Wayne they basically took helena wayne and retconned her origin but kept her archetype

Your Damian example also escapes me, is his last name is wayne when he was introduced? Was there not a whole bunch of hype of him being bruce's son? But that isn't just creating a character to make money off the wayne name? Helena Wayne was basically the logical daughter of bruce and catwoman that everyone expected to be born. They are simply reverting her character back to who she was which is nothing like what happened to barry and wally or kyle and hal

#39 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

O_O those last references aren't relevant since barry existed in wally's continuity and hal was not replaced by kyle in continuity

Helena B was a REPLACEMENT for Helena Wayne they basically took helena wayne and retconned her origin but kept her archetype

Your Damian example also escapes me, is his last name is wayne when he was introduced? Was there not a whole bunch of hype of him being bruce's son? But that isn't just creating a character to make money off the wayne name? Helena Wayne was basically the logical daughter of bruce and catwoman that everyone expected to be born. They are simply reverting her character back to who she was which is nothing like what happened to barry and wally or kyle and hal

It does'nt matter if Wally existed with Barry.We both know Barry is an underdeveloped Wally both in powers and personality at this point(especially powers).I never introduced Damian in the first place and I don't recall Bruce ever treating Helena Wayne as if she were a borderline criminal.

And what does her being the daughter of Batman and Catwoman have anything to do with it? I guess DC should bring Bruce Wayne jr back in canon and have him replace Damian.

#40 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

It does'nt matter if Wally existed with Barry.We both know Barry is an underdeveloped Wally both in powers and personality at this point(especially powers).I never introduced Damian in the first place and I don't recall Bruce ever treating Helena Wayne as if she were a borderline criminal.

And what does her being the daughter of Batman and Catwoman have anything to do with it? I guess DC should bring Bruce Wayne jr back in canon and have him replace Damian.

Helena B owned the Huntress role,she's the one who appeared as a a major supporting character in 2 ongoings,she was a part of the most well recieved JLA run,she had decades worth of character in her.Wayne does'nt period.

#41 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

Helena B owned the Huntress role,she's the one who appeared as a a major supporting character in 2 ongoings,she was a part of the most well recieved JLA run,she had decades worth of character in her.Wayne does'nt period.

That's the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth.

#42 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

My biggest problem here is that it's likely DC will add Helena B's character to Wayne.That pisses me off,I mean fine bring Wayne back but hopefully she'll be allowed to stand on her own feet as a character and not because she's a product of Bat/Cat or cause she inherited the traits of a superior character.

#43 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

My biggest problem here is that it's likely DC will add Helena B's character to Wayne.That pisses me off,I mean fine bring Wayne back but hopefully she'll be allowed to stand on her own feet as a character and not because she's a product of Bat/Cat or cause she inherited the traits of a superior character.

DC is capable of anything now so it wouldn't surprise

#44 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:  

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

was gonna reply...but yeah this sums up everything i was gonna say and more
#45 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, cannot wait to see Helena Wayne tearing it up in Worlds' Finest in May. It will be great to see the Huntress/Power Girl team functioning again. It has been missed.

#46 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

Yep, cannot wait to see Helena Wayne tearing it up in Worlds' Finest in May. It will be great to see the Huntress/Power Girl team functioning again. It has been missed.

To keep the three or four Helena Bertinelli fans happy, she can keep using HB on her false passport.

Yup I cannot wait for the book to get cancelled

#47 Edited by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

Wait wha? missed by who exactly?in all my time on the message boards I have'nt seen a single person demanding a Helena Wayne book with Powergirl.

And pardon me but what exactly was there to miss in the first place? that one issue written by Geoffconman where PG was thrown back to Earth 2 by Gog?

#48 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

Wait wha? missed by who exactly?in all my time on the message boards I have'nt seen a single person demanding a Helena Wayne book with Powergirl.

And pardon me but what exactly was there to miss in the first place? that one issue written by Geoffconman where PG was thrown back to Earth 2 by Gog?

When he says stuff like that you know he's trolling

#49 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@entropy_aegis:

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jsphsmth said:

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

This flat out sucks

I think one of the reasons they chose to go with Wayne of Earth-2 as The Huntress was because it now creates a lot more interesting stories lines between her and the Bat-family. Think of all the things that could happen now. Helena B was an amazing character and had so much development, but now that she's back as Helena Wayne trapped on Earth-Prime they can have stories like her feuding with a jealous Damian as being the heir to the Bat throne (even IF she's from a parallel dimension, he isn't exactly the most rational character).

#50 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

In an interview Paul Levitz the creator of Huntress (Helena Wayne) said that the Huntress who will be appearing in the World's Finest comic is the same character as the Huntress in the 6 issue mini series. I think it would be really cool if they had Helena Bertinelli as the leader of the mob family. Have her taking down the mob from the inside out without a cape, it would be a really cool way to set up the Gotham mob families in the New 52, and bring back Helena B focused on her original goal to take down the mob.

I wonder if alternate realities are actually as complex as people make them out to be. I mean as long as you state that the character's from an alternate reality and you have the use of a great comic encyclopedia type of website like.....can't think of any at the moment, lol. The first time I read Kingdom Come I was in 6th or 7th grade and I LOVED it. I think alternate realities can give comic writers so many other outlet to use, new places to take the character etc. Example: Age of Apocalypse or the Marvel Ultimates Universe, they have some of the most creative stories known to comics, black/Hispanic Spider-man is awesome. I only think it gets too crazy when you have 52 different universes that interact with each other, but 2 or three wouldn't be bad. I think they should have the New 52 DCU, Earth-2, and Earth-3 (Crime Syndicate of America).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.