The Huntress To Appear On 'ARROW' TV Show

• 58 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

If you have been keeping up with ARROW, the new television series on the CW based on the popular DC comics character Oliver Queen, and you have enjoyed seeing the various cameos of characters like Deathstroke and Deadshot in recent episodes, we have a feeling you're definitely going to appreciate this. In the upcoming episode of ARROW titled 'Muse On Fire,' Arrow will come face to face with The Huntress. That's right, the lady with a crossbow will be introduced to the hero with a bow and arrow on the upcoming episode that premieres November 28th. If that wasn't enough, the folks over at Green Arrow TV have pictures of the upcoming episode showcasing the character in action, as well as on a date with Oliver Queen?

Considering the current incarnation of the character in comics is Helena Wayne, it will be interesting to see whether the show features Helena Wayne or Helena Bertinelli as well as just how much of the character and her origin will change for the television show. Furthermore, will this be a simple cameo, or a recurring role? Will we be seeing Arrow team up with The Huntress for just this one episode, or is this something we will see more of? Check out the pictures of actress Jessica De Gouw as The Huntress and let us know what you think. Are you looking forward to seeing her interaction with Oliver Queen?

== TEASER ==

Source: GreenArrowTV

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't this already confirmed?

#2 Edited by Jake Fury (18061 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

For some wierd reason,she does look like huntress....a very strong resemblance.

Maybe it;s the scorn in her eyes or something

#4 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I would expect Bertinelli as I don't think they would cross Arrow with any major DC property just yet.

#5 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3153 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. More boring street clothes. Lame.

Come on, if Smallville had costumes, this should too. Whenever everyone wears street clothes it bores me to tears. Its why I never watched Heroes and never will.

#6 Posted by SupBatz (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow said:

Ugh. More boring street clothes. Lame.

Come on, if Smallville had costumes, this should too. Whenever everyone wears street clothes it bores me to tears. Its why I never watched Heroes and never will.

Agreed (except for the Heroes part - I did wach it but costumes definitely would've been a fun addition).

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32093 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow:

#8 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: YAY! I'm happy now.

@SupBatz: Finally, someone who agrees. For me, no costume, no deal. Even Superboy had a logo on his T-shirt.

I mean, I'll admit that some characters are better in street clothes than in costumes, but I also believe that such characters are rare. These people are not like anybody else, so why should they dress like everybody else? Its boring. They're not just some random person on the street, they're superpowered beings. I don't need tights or anything goofy like that. But I do need a costume. Even if its just a somewhat fancy black outfit. Anything but street clothes.

#9 Posted by darkrider (432 posts) - - Show Bio

i really wish Huntress Helena Bertinelli to be back in comics and join the birds of prey again

#10 Edited by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ccraft (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow:

Smallville costumes looked ridiculous

#12 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3153 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Green Arrows was good. As was Doctor Fates. And regardless the point is that if a show like that had costumes, then so can Arrow.

#13 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3545 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how they went out of their way to avoid even giving a glimpse of Batman ins SMALLVILLE. It's highly unlikely they'll be using the Helena Wayne version.

#14 Posted by CitizenJP (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man this is great. Arrow has been one of my favorite shows to watch this year.

#15 Posted by Gotham's Dark Knight (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show. However, It screams "We couldn't get the rights to Batman, so here something close enough." They need to go an more original way. Not, every DC related show needs to be The Dark Knight.

#16 Posted by RoTheKid (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow has been a pleasant surprise. Sure, there are a few things that I have minor issues with, but all in all, I think it's off to a strong start. Can't wait to check out the rest of the season! Good article, Sara!

#17 Posted by BatWatch (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

I broke this story on BatWatch last week...which is my blog I have not opened to the public yet, so...that kind of makes this comment irrelevant. Nonetheless, I can back this up, and I can also say that reports indicate this will be Bertinelli rather than Wayne.

#18 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gotham's Dark Knight: If ANYONE should be like Batman/Dark Knight, it's Green Arrow.

#19 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

diggin it!

#20 Posted by HexThis (880 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything is dependent on the Huntress for me when it comes to Arrow. I love Helena Bertinelli so I'll stick it out for as long as she's on and hopefully this will get more people to realize how much cooler she is than Wayne.

A good love interest, a good actress who can up the ante for the rest, and an interesting character who breaks the mold is one of the only things that could save this show from a vortex of suck.

The producers seem to be really excited about Jessica De Gouw, I believe she'll be in more episodes than previously reported so....hopefully that's a good sign.

#21 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

The crucifix is kind of a tell.

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm lovin' Arrow. and Huntress :D can't wait.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#24 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
I have decided- Lifeboy will begin watching this.
#25 Posted by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

damn shes hot

#26 Posted by JJGoode (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow has quickly become one of my favorite new shows. I was talking to a few friends that work with me at DISH, and we aren’t sure what to think of Huntress’ outfit. I guess they go for versatility nowadays? With how many characters are appearing on the show and all of the action, I’m saving this entire season to my DISH Hopper for the days I feel nostalgic. I’m just glad that I have a DVR with enough memory to record everything on I want. Cheers to my childhood comic book days being brought to life.

#27 Posted by Danial79 (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

I only know Huntress from Hush, but this is still awesome news. The more characters they can include, the more like the DCU it will feel like.

#28 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: The leather jacket was pretty damn good

#29 Posted by Samimista (20576 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#30 Posted by NightFang (9812 posts) - - Show Bio

There's talk of the Manhunter (Kate Spencer) appearing on the show too.

#31 Posted by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

That sure is a pretty lady.

#32 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Huntress still be Bruce Waynes daughter??

#33 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@shroudofsorrow:

Smallville costumes looked ridiculous

Agreed Smallville costumes were generally awful.

Glad it's Bertinelli instead of Wayne. She kicked ass and I miss her in the comics.

@Cavemold said:

damn shes hot

Yes she is. I may just have to start watching this show.

#34 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529:

No, she's the Helena Bertinelli version.

Arrow will feature the modern-era version whose alias is Helena Bertinelli. She’s the daughter of a mafia boss who vows revenge after her family is murdered. The comics had The Huntress prowling Batman’s backyard of Gotham, but we expect Arrow to keep Bertinelli close to Oliver Queen’s Starling City.

Here’s the official character description: “Helena is a potential love interest for Oliver Queen; a fellow vigilante, set on destroying her father’s organized crime empire. But Helena’s blind pursuit of revenge will put her on a collision course with the Arrow.” Expect The Huntress to show up around episode six.

From Entertainment Weekly (August 2012).

#35 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

Everything is dependent on the Huntress for me when it comes to Arrow. I love Helena Bertinelli so I'll stick it out for as long as she's on and hopefully this will get more people to realize how much cooler she is than Wayne.

A good love interest, a good actress who can up the ante for the rest, and an interesting character who breaks the mold is one of the only things that could save this show from a vortex of suck.

The producers seem to be really excited about Jessica De Gouw, I believe she'll be in more episodes than previously reported so....hopefully that's a good sign.

I'm scrambling to remember when I created the account, HexThis, since you took the words right out of my mind...

#36 Posted by daredevil21134 (10599 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkrider said:

i really wish Huntress Helena Bertinelli to be back in comics and join the birds of prey again

I would stop hating DC if that happened

#37 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Im glad Arrow has been doing well so far. I am excited that Huntress is going to appear about the show. I wonder if we would get some references to the Bat-family when she appears.

#38 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say I am pretty excited for this episode =)

#39 Posted by JamDamage (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

this show is stupid as all hell....................................................I keep watching it tho.

#40 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Really looks the part I say, even if she seems virtually unknown to me. I'll give her a shot and see how she does in the upcoming show.

#41 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks very promising :D

#42 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@darkrider said:

helena wayne and bartinelli feels exactly like the same person

#43 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they'll bring her back when Laurel/Dinah becomes Black Canary so we can get a little Birds of Prey action!

#44 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

There's talk of the Manhunter (Kate Spencer) appearing on the show too.

actually she has already appeared in the episode "Damaged".. she is the lawyer working for the DA's office

#45 Posted by daredevil21134 (10599 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@darkrider said:

Not to me

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@sethysquare said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@darkrider said:

Not to me

They are exactly the same character, just a little difference in origins.

Besides, crisis of infinite earth screwed both power girl and huntress up.

power girl became an atlantean wth? Huntress was basically the same character just with a little difference in origins.

#47 Posted by daredevil21134 (10599 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@sethysquare said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@darkrider said:

Not to me

They are exactly the same character, just a little difference in origins.

Besides, crisis of infinite earth screwed both power girl and huntress up.

power girl became an atlantean wth? Huntress was basically the same character just with a little difference in origins.

I disagree

#48 Posted by cbishop (6944 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty friggin' cool. :)

#49 Posted by Cooke76 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do like Helena Wayne better (never really warmed up to Bertinelli), it only makes sense that they used Bertinelli. The DC PTB were never going to let a non-Batman-related show use a Batman-related character.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrr.

Maybe Arrow can help make me see what the appeal is.

#50 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool. I'm really digging the show so far. They need to improve some of the costumes, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.