Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1168 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Should Shiva take Helena as a protege?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HexThis

I was thinking about how Shiva recently gave the Huntress the name "Iron Owl" and how she seemed visibly impressed with Helena's resilience during their fight and it made me wonder. A few issues back Helena had her crossbow trained on Penguin and she was a millisecond away from pulling the trigger and something Gail Simone mentioned recently in an interview with comicvine was that she felt Huntress had a lot of depth to her, that she acted completely differently when not around Barbara or Dinah. 

A lot of Lady Shiva's arc on Birds of Prey has centered around her in contrast to Black Canary, how their morals differ. But like Shiva Huntress has a tendency to ride to the edge more, take things to the limits. I wonder if Shiva taking on Huntress as a protege would create interesting conflict if the two get on better than her and Dinah, if she suddenly becomes a bad influence and really tests Helena's loyalty to Dinah. 

Whaddaya think?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

I think Huntress as protege makes more sense than Black Canary. Unlike Dinah, Huntress was never above using her crossbow to kill.

digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By digimod
    @HexThis said:
    " I was thinking about how Shiva recently gave the Huntress the name "Iron Owl" and how she seemed visibly impressed with Helena's resilience during their fight and it made me wonder. A few issues back Helena had her crossbow trained on Penguin and she was a millisecond away from pulling the trigger and something Gail Simone mentioned recently in an interview with comicvine was that she felt Huntress had a lot of depth to her, that she acted completely differently when not around Barbara or Dinah.   A lot of Lady Shiva's arc on Birds of Prey has centered around her in contrast to Black Canary, how their morals differ. But like Shiva Huntress has a tendency to ride to the edge more, take things to the limits. I wonder if Shiva taking on Huntress as a protege would create interesting conflict if the two get on better than her and Dinah, if she suddenly becomes a bad influence and really tests Helena's loyalty to Dinah.   Whaddaya think? "
    Bad idea.  She already walks on the edge.  That would just push her over the edge into Jason Todd or even worst, Secret Six territory, severing her connection with the Superhero community.  What i enjoy about her as a character is that she pushes the boundary acceptable to many heroes without going too too far.  It's what defines her.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Kairan1979 said:
    " I think Huntress as protege makes more sense than Black Canary. Unlike Dinah, Huntress was never above using her crossbow to kill. "
    agreed
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @HexThis said:
    "I was thinking about how Shiva recently gave the Huntress the name "Iron Owl" and how she seemed visibly impressed with Helena's resilience during their fight and it made me wonder. A few issues back Helena had her crossbow trained on Penguin and she was a millisecond away from pulling the trigger and something Gail Simone mentioned recently in an interview with comicvine was that she felt Huntress had a lot of depth to her, that she acted completely differently when not around Barbara or Dinah.   A lot of Lady Shiva's arc on Birds of Prey has centered around her in contrast to Black Canary, how their morals differ. But like Shiva Huntress has a tendency to ride to the edge more, take things to the limits. I wonder if Shiva taking on Huntress as a protege would create interesting conflict if the two get on better than her and Dinah, if she suddenly becomes a bad influence and really tests Helena's loyalty to Dinah.   Whaddaya think? "

Helena impressed Shiva in a PIS fight.
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Outside_85

Think Helena is too old for that sort of thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.