Should Shiva take Helena as a protege?

#1 Posted by HexThis (899 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about how Shiva recently gave the Huntress the name "Iron Owl" and how she seemed visibly impressed with Helena's resilience during their fight and it made me wonder. A few issues back Helena had her crossbow trained on Penguin and she was a millisecond away from pulling the trigger and something Gail Simone mentioned recently in an interview with comicvine was that she felt Huntress had a lot of depth to her, that she acted completely differently when not around Barbara or Dinah. 

A lot of Lady Shiva's arc on Birds of Prey has centered around her in contrast to Black Canary, how their morals differ. But like Shiva Huntress has a tendency to ride to the edge more, take things to the limits. I wonder if Shiva taking on Huntress as a protege would create interesting conflict if the two get on better than her and Dinah, if she suddenly becomes a bad influence and really tests Helena's loyalty to Dinah. 

Whaddaya think?

#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Huntress as protege makes more sense than Black Canary. Unlike Dinah, Huntress was never above using her crossbow to kill.

#3 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@HexThis said:
" I was thinking about how Shiva recently gave the Huntress the name "Iron Owl" and how she seemed visibly impressed with Helena's resilience during their fight and it made me wonder. A few issues back Helena had her crossbow trained on Penguin and she was a millisecond away from pulling the trigger and something Gail Simone mentioned recently in an interview with comicvine was that she felt Huntress had a lot of depth to her, that she acted completely differently when not around Barbara or Dinah.   A lot of Lady Shiva's arc on Birds of Prey has centered around her in contrast to Black Canary, how their morals differ. But like Shiva Huntress has a tendency to ride to the edge more, take things to the limits. I wonder if Shiva taking on Huntress as a protege would create interesting conflict if the two get on better than her and Dinah, if she suddenly becomes a bad influence and really tests Helena's loyalty to Dinah.   Whaddaya think? "
Bad idea.  She already walks on the edge.  That would just push her over the edge into Jason Todd or even worst, Secret Six territory, severing her connection with the Superhero community.  What i enjoy about her as a character is that she pushes the boundary acceptable to many heroes without going too too far.  It's what defines her.
#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (11769 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" I think Huntress as protege makes more sense than Black Canary. Unlike Dinah, Huntress was never above using her crossbow to kill. "
agreed
#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio
@HexThis said:
"I was thinking about how Shiva recently gave the Huntress the name "Iron Owl" and how she seemed visibly impressed with Helena's resilience during their fight and it made me wonder. A few issues back Helena had her crossbow trained on Penguin and she was a millisecond away from pulling the trigger and something Gail Simone mentioned recently in an interview with comicvine was that she felt Huntress had a lot of depth to her, that she acted completely differently when not around Barbara or Dinah.   A lot of Lady Shiva's arc on Birds of Prey has centered around her in contrast to Black Canary, how their morals differ. But like Shiva Huntress has a tendency to ride to the edge more, take things to the limits. I wonder if Shiva taking on Huntress as a protege would create interesting conflict if the two get on better than her and Dinah, if she suddenly becomes a bad influence and really tests Helena's loyalty to Dinah.   Whaddaya think? "

Helena impressed Shiva in a PIS fight.
#6 Posted by Outside_85 (8984 posts) - - Show Bio

Think Helena is too old for that sort of thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.