Mourn the REAL Huntress

Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

It's official: Helena Bertinelli is dead, to make way for the spoiled Earth-2 Huntress.........yay?

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so disappointed. It seems like it's the same character, just with a different origin.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio

I ADORE Helena, but I'm not overly broken up about this.

Moderator
#3 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet Shiva's happy ;)

#4 Posted by The Stegman (25488 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do love Bertinelli, and her back story, for the most part, Helena Wayne does seem to channel her personality and skills..so it's not THAT bad...although to be frank, I would have prefer her to stay Bertinelli. 

#5 Posted by noj (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: The ORIGINAL Huntress was from Earth 2 so you could actually say that the REAL Huntress is finally coming back

#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well,DC sucks to me anyways.And no death is ever permanent.But F&ck Helena Wayne

#7 Posted by TheDealer (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is getting rid of everything I love. I hate them.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheDealer said:

DC is getting rid of everything I love. I hate them.

I hear ya

#9 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

It's official: Helena Bertinelli is dead, to make way for the spoiled Earth-2 Huntress.........yay?

I would not call her the "real" huntress. She was after all a Post-Crisis New Earth rebooted version of Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Helena Wayne.

But she was a completely different character and that is a good thing. This New Earth Huntress was interesting, I always liked her, especially when written by Rucka and Simone.

She deserved a real comic book death, not this off panel BS.

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

@jointron33 said:

It's official: Helena Bertinelli is dead, to make way for the spoiled Earth-2 Huntress.........yay?

I would not call her the "real" huntress. She was after all a Post-Crisis New Earth rebooted version of Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Helena Wayne.

But she was a completely different character and that is a good thing. This New Earth Huntress was interesting, I always liked her, especially when written by Rucka and Simone.

She deserved a real comic book death, not this off panel BS.

She'll be back

#11 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@DarthShap said:

@jointron33 said:

It's official: Helena Bertinelli is dead, to make way for the spoiled Earth-2 Huntress.........yay?

I would not call her the "real" huntress. She was after all a Post-Crisis New Earth rebooted version of Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Helena Wayne.

But she was a completely different character and that is a good thing. This New Earth Huntress was interesting, I always liked her, especially when written by Rucka and Simone.

She deserved a real comic book death, not this off panel BS.

She'll be back

That is not really the problem. Killing a beloved protagonist off panel is just awful writing and a slap to the face of every fan.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@DarthShap said:

@jointron33 said:

It's official: Helena Bertinelli is dead, to make way for the spoiled Earth-2 Huntress.........yay?

I would not call her the "real" huntress. She was after all a Post-Crisis New Earth rebooted version of Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Helena Wayne.

But she was a completely different character and that is a good thing. This New Earth Huntress was interesting, I always liked her, especially when written by Rucka and Simone.

She deserved a real comic book death, not this off panel BS.

She'll be back

That is not really the problem. Killing a beloved protagonist off panel is just awful writing and a slap to the face of every fan.

I agree,Paul Levitz was a bastard for doing that imo

#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@TheDealer said:

DC is getting rid of everything I love. I hate them.

I hear ya

Yep.

#14 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

How could you take a character that had gotten so much development and then just toss her into limbo like she was never even relevant?

Oh wait, this is nothing new. The same thing happened to Wally West! -__-

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13604 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really cared about Helena, so this doesn't really matter to me

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

How could you take a character that had gotten so much development and then just toss her into limbo like she was never even relevant?

Oh wait, this is nothing new. The same thing happened to Wally West! -__-

At least they said Wally is just benched and not dead

#17 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

At least they said Wally is just benched and not dead

They might as well have said he was dead.

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio

I lied.

Moderator
#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I lied.

About what?

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Mercy_ said:

I lied.

About what?

Probably about not being overly broken up about it.

@Mercy_ said:

I lied.

*Hug*

#21 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Show me where DC says Helena Bertinelli is erased from existence for ever.

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 Yup
Moderator
#23 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Mourn if you so choose, but she will return.

It's comics after all; no one stays dead.

#24 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if she isn't dead, they shouldn't have replaced her with Wayne.

#25 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio

Like we need another Wayne hanging around.

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Mourn if you so choose, but she will return.

It's comics after all; no one stays dead.

This isn't really your run of the mill comic book death, though.

Moderator
#27 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said before in other threads, I really dislike how there are multiple versions of a character, as I feel thats why some never got to the top level as Batman & Superman have. You cant get people into a character, when there are 4 of them. & if they like one, & thats not the one being used, well, there you go, you've lost your audiance.

& its even worse in this case as its moronic that Bruce's daughter is the same age as him. Make Helena Wayne from the future were she was trained by HelenaB, or even Misfit when she took over the role. But daughter from an alternate universe were time passes by faster is just stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.